Pro Wrestling Only

Worlds End

El-P

3 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Well…at least it wasn’t Jungle Boy.

In the end though, everything ended up in a good spot. Adam Cole is a heel (which he is much better at), the Kingdom having the ROH belts is a good spot for them, and MJF presumably gets a chance to heal his million accumulated injuries while the stage is set for  Swerve getting big title run in the near future.

9 minutes ago, The Man in Blak said:

If you go by TV ratings, MJF as the World Champion is the only thing that's consistently made a noticeable positive impact in the post-Punk era of AEW. I guess we'll find out over the next few weeks exactly how much of that was MJF and how much of that was the belt.

The MJF/Cole stuff was absolutely on fire, but after Cole got hurt MJF really seemed to fizzle out. His own injuries surely weren't helping matters either, as he really couldn't do anything other than promos for the last month and change. Him coming back after some time away to see revenge on Cole (who should be wreaking havoc while he's away) should make for a pretty hot PPV main event when the time comes.

If anything, I was gladly surprised that Joe won clean as whistle. In kayfabe, it makes the most sense that he did, but I was certain that if they pulled the trigger on him, it was going to be via Devil fuckery.

Sooooo happy Cole and MJF wont have the AEW Title involved for their feud.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Joe vs Danielson for the main belt.

Nah man, let Danielson get a month to heal after Okada beats him on Thursday and just go straight to Joe vs Swerve for the belt. I'd even do it on a special Dynamite in February so they can have a big title change on TV again, don't wait till Revolution and risk Swerve losing his momentum due to TK's booking.

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

Did any of the "journalists" ask about Jericho and Kylie Rae at the post-show scrum?

According to the recap on the Observer site, yes. A reporter from USA Today and Kevin McElvaney the editor of Pro Wrestling Illustrated of all places asked about it.

Aside from the main event result and reveal, I thought this was a real slog. The opener was good fun but just about everything after it wasn’t great. I suppose this is the trade off when you go to monthly PPVs. I actually liked Copeland/Christian and thought it was laid out nicely and both guys did well, other than the table not playing along but the ending angle sucked. MITB type shit should be nowhere near AEW. Glad they did the right result with Kingston and Joe in the end.

Swerve to get the title at Revolution seems the call but who does Joe run opposite until then? The only babyfaces coming off of wins are Kingston and Sammy Guevara but I guess that school of booking has went out the window with TK nowadays

Apart from the Continental Classic related stuff and the main event, this PPV was easily the worst in AEW history. And hell, even with the good stuff, it still is, by a wide margin.

The CC eight tag and the final were both excellent, and Eddie winning was a great moment. 

The main event was much better than it had the right to be considering MJF's shape, I fucking love that Joe is a world champ, and they did not fuck around with the Devil by trying to be cute, it's the expected people and it "makes sense". So everything's fine on that side of things.

Like I said before : Joe > Swerve > Ospreay at Wembley. Easy as a Sunday morning.

Andrade vs Miro was good and fun and all, and it's obvious Andrade is a goner. He quickly did his CMLL stuff as he still could. Now time to go back to Ashely's house.

Swerve vs Dustin made no sense whatsoever. Dustin got booed during his big babyface spots after Swerve tried to maim him. Newsflash : Swerve is a babyface. But he's Austin too, so let's not try and make him cute and nice either. 

Riho vs Toni was pretty good. Not as good as I thought it would have been though. The gimmick is over, but it's still gimmicky.

Julia Hart vs Abadon was rotten and dead, pun intended. Abadon is not very good and not over at all. Meanwhile, Athena and Billie Starkz are on ROH alongside plenty other worker who would give Julia a much better match. Ok. Someone really loves the Walking Dead or something.

The 8-men tag was hilarious for all the wrong reasons (crowd chanting Judas then booing Jericho, but then cheering his opponents as if they were not working together ! Pro-wrestling fans be really fucking dumb. Just boo the guy as long as he's *performing*, otherwise you're just being fucking worked you dumb fucks. Plus really, would they have booed Flair the same way ? I would hope so, but I don't buy it since it has not happened until now). Poor Sting. That retirement tour is cursed. Poor Sammy. And most of all, poor, POOR Ricky Starks. That guy can't catch a break. He's probably a goner too, that run is never gonna not get cursed in one way or another.

Cage vs Copeland was a very good WWE garbage match until the finish, which was awfully botched. Poor Nick Wayne barely got through the fire and almost broke his neck. Good job Copeland. The post-match angle was AWFUL WWE TROPES AND BULLSHIT. The last thing AEW needed was shit like this. This feud keeps on delivering the awfullness, I don't care how great of a performer Cage is. Everything about it sucks. 

First PPV without any member of the Elite, and must I say it showed. Worst AEW PPV ever. The last hour did deliver a glimpse of hope in term of what's to come, although with the CC behind them now, Eddie is just "another champ" in a company that had already way too many, it will all depend how he's gonna be booked. Samoa Joe as World Champ is awesome. The Devil angle ended the best way possible all things considered. Swerve is gonna be the next champ and you gotta build a supermatch for him vs Ospreay at Wembley, in what should be a fresh looking AEW with fresh people on top. That's for the good stuff.

Oh, yeah, I thought this was gonna be 2024 already. So, happy new year again (although you all know it's just gonna be even worse all around, most probably, that's how things go).

I had to work at the crack of dawn on Sunday, so I wasn't able to watch live. I figured I'd watch it after work. Then, I get a text from my father at about 8:00 that morning telling me that Joe was the new champion and that Adam Cole was the devil. And there went all my urgency to watch the show.

I did finally watch it this morning. Adam Cole leading a heel stable is a movie that we've all seen before, but I'm still OK with it. With MJF out for a bit, they have feuds with Hangman and the Acclaimed that can be used to fill up some time until Max is ready to come back. When the lights went out, I just rolled my eyes. It's way too overdone at this point. Hell, having the masked guys line up on and the floor and Cole hitting him with the crutch would have been better, and probably gotten a bigger pop.