Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 1-1 to 1-7 - Former Champion on Day 1 of the New Year

C.S.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Am I crazy i thinking there could be something in Jinder as modern day Bret Hart? They could even bring up that he's actually Canadian too?

Not crazy at all. I got Bret Hart 2.0 vibes from Jinder tonight.

Look at the way the fans were "WHAT"-ing him at first, but that stopped as sooner he got rolling. Absolute mastery of his craft on the mic. Even more impressive, to me, than The Rock was tonight.

Yes, I'm serious. 

I think this gimmick has legs if it's pushed. Hopefully it wasn't just a one night thing so he could be used as cannon fodder for The Rock.

It was previously reported that the Australian tourist board had asked about Rock's availability for Elimination Chamber. And the UFL kicks off the week before Mania, so his availability might be limited once the season is underway. I wouldn't bet the farm on Rock/Roman going down at EC, but it can't be ruled out either.

More a case of being at EC to build for Mania I would guess. Doing Roman/Rock at any other place than Mania would be completely ridiculous. That's the biggest match in the company's history (by sheer numbers).

Meanwhile, Naomi is gonna be back. So, basically dropping the TNA title to Jordynne Grace at Hard to Kill and show up at the Rumble, uh ? Well her IMPACT stint was tons of fun.

Rock/Roman at EC and Roman/Cody at Mania would honestly be perfect synchrony. You’d totally avoid the Bluetista Horizon, get a massive Australia payday, and get a shit-ton of casual eyes on Cody, Jey, Punk, and others right before you start trying to sell Peacock subscriptions for Mania season.

Also, regarding doing Rock vs Roman in Australia: they recently had John Cena make an unnanounced appearance at MitB, in London. He made a pitch for Wrestlemania going international, and while the O2 Arena is considerably smaller than their venue in Perth, I can see that big match buzz as another step towards taking their biggest event ever overseas.

The other way to have Cody at Mania is to get Roman vs Rock the first night and then whoever wins (wink wink nudge nudge) against Cody the second day. Which won't happen, if only because Roman only works once every four months now, that lazy greedy ass that he is. But it would be hilarious to have CM Punk NOT main event mania AGAIN. Because of the Rock showing up as the special attraction. AGAIN. Fuck, if I'm Levesque, I'm booking this shit for the sheer pettiness of it. :lol:

5 hours ago, Dale Wolfe said:

Havent watched Raw in a while, just watching main event here as on the recap

When did McIntyre's claymore start looking so bad? Miles off connecting with Rollins and Priest within ten seconds of eachother 

That one was literally the first weak looking Claymore I've seen him ever do. It was just one of those things given that Rollins had to end up in the ropes. 

And now Kamille, of NWA "fame", is expected to join. Ya know, Jade Cargill has not even debuted yet and there's gonna be a brand new toy with more experience (although I never was overly impressed by her in-ring stuff, but it's been a while) and kinda the same appeal in term of "character". 

EDIT : Oh, it's an NXT deal apparently. So there. 

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Hold on I actually dig Ellering being back

All it took for me to be interested in Kross was having him be the fourth most over person in a faction led by Precious Paul Ellering. 
Smackdown was really fun tonight. I hated Bobby and The Profits being all , " Aw shucks" babyfaces during the promo, but overall that was a fun show. The finish of the main event was totally booked/ suggested by Heyman. It was so ECW.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

All it took for me to be interested in Kross was having him be the fourth most over person in a faction led by Precious Paul Ellering. 
Smackdown was really fun tonight. I hated Bobby and The Profits being all , " Aw shucks" babyfaces during the promo, but overall that was a fun show. The finish of the main event was totally booked/ suggested by Heyman. It was so ECW.

Agree 100%, I'm here for Neo Era Legion of Doom.