Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Royal Rumble 2024

flyonthewall2983

Just now, WingedEagle said:

I may be old but I'm not too old to know that "Yeah" dude is mid.

Especially since he's been doing it for TEN FUCKING YEARS ALREADY.

This match is the epitome of nothing WWE main event style like I remembered it to be. 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do remember during the first season of NWA Powerrr on YouTube, L.A. Knight, then known as Eli Drake, was one of the highlights of the season. That being said, Question Mark got over there, so, yeah... 

Also the real star was Tim Storm.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

If you get 40k people to chant YEAH at your every punch, you can't be mid. He figured out the game.

That’s the thing. WWE didn’t push him because they wanted to, they basically had no choice because he got so popular. He was the #1 merchandise seller for a good portion of last year. That’s not an accident.

Just now, El-P said:

This match is so boring, people are talking about Corgan's NWA.

Tim Storm would be a better commissioner than Nick Aldis just like he was more entertaining in Corgan's YouTube NWA, pre-Fuckasaur reign era.

Just now, The Thread Killer said:

That’s the thing. WWE didn’t push him because they wanted to, they basically had no choice because he got so popular. He was the #1 merchandise seller for a good portion of last year. That’s not an accident.

Yeah, he got over against The Fiend in a loss in that dumb ass Mountain Dew Pitch Black match, too. Which is saying... a lot.

2 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Yeah, he got over against The Fiend in a loss in that dumb ass Mountain Dew Pitch Black match, too. Which is saying... a lot.

Bray was no longer The Fiend by that point.

And I contend that the Pitch Black match, while obviously no wrestling masterpiece, would be more fondly remembered if not for the Mountain Dew tie-in. The visuals were insanely cool.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

To be fair, they are keeping him stronger than basically everyone else. Dude is always getting visual pins.

There’s no doubt that as soon as the creepy old pervert was out of the picture, WWE decided to actually listen to the fans and push Knight. Whereas in the past, the fans almost got punished for cheering the wrong people. I’m glad WWE creative actually listened to the fans this time.

Just now, The Thread Killer said:

There’s no doubt that as soon as the creepy old pervert was out of the picture, WWE decided to actually listen to the fans and push Knight. Whereas in the past, the fans almost got punished for cheering the wrong people. I’m glad WWE creative actually listened to the fans this time.

I'll never forget the Royal Rumble where they had The Big Show & Kane literally dump every single crowd favorite in the match until all the energy was completely sucked out of the building.

2 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I'll never forget the Royal Rumble where they had The Big Show & Kane literally dump every single crowd favorite in the match until all the energy was completely sucked out of the building.

And thought that was how to establish Reigns as a babyface. Probably easier to have him give every person in the crowd a disease. Then again, with Titan's crowd that probably would've made him the next Hogan.