Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/26 - 03/03 Why do people keep on doing live action ATLA adaptations?

KawadaSmile

6 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I can't imagine how much it has to suck to fly all the way from Australia and have to work TV jetlagged to fuck and back.

I had a flight from Italy to the Mid West US and was totally fine a day or two after I got back, but then when the jet lag caught up a day or so later, I legit slept for 20 hours :lawd

Shawn Spears is exactly the kind of guy they should have in NXT all the time - a solid pro/veteran to work with your roster of mainly in-house trained wrestlers so they've got someone to work with to help them improve on the job. Kind of like how Man Utd have 36yr old Tom Huddlestone playing with their academy team as a veteran to lead the youth players in the right direction.

5 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Ah yes, a Tongan who's the same family as a SAMOAN.

The Rock has said he considers Haku his uncle, so Tama is as much Rock's cousin as Roman is (Peter Maivia and Afa and Sika's father became "brothers" through a blood oath, which is not how brotherhood works biologically or legally). And of course, Paul Heyman isn't even Polynesian.

14 hours ago, sek69 said:

Not gonna lie, my first thought was "KawadaSmile is going to be pissed off" :lol:

Like, I guess as a trainer he can be fine, as @NotJayTabbpointed out - QT would fall under the same category - but I have noooooooo fucking time for that dude as an on screen talent. 

Related to Performance Center wrestlers getting more experience, Maxxine Dupri was apparently booed at a house show. Haven't seen the vid making the rounds, and while it is a bit harsh to her, I must ask again: why is she wrestling at all under those circumstances? She is unexperienced, started out as a manager (which she is actually very good at) and essentially was having her first matches on LIVE TELEVISION. Like, it's just the opposite of what they are doing with Jade, which is super unfair to Maxxine. 

14 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

The Rock has said he considers Haku his uncle, so Tama is as much Rock's cousin as Roman is (Peter Maivia and Afa and Sika's father became "brothers" through a blood oath, which is not how brotherhood works biologically or legally). And of course, Paul Heyman isn't even Polynesian.

If Christian ever returns to WWE he can join the Bloodline by telling us that he is Roman's father.

8 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Like, I guess as a trainer he can be fine, as @NotJayTabbpointed out - QT would fall under the same category - but I have noooooooo fucking time for that dude as an on screen talent. 

Related to Performance Center wrestlers getting more experience, Maxxine Dupri was apparently booed at a house show. Haven't seen the vid making the rounds, and while it is a bit harsh to her, I must ask again: why is she wrestling at all under those circumstances? She is unexperienced, started out as a manager (which she is actually very good at) and essentially was having her first matches on LIVE TELEVISION. Like, it's just the opposite of what they are doing with Jade, which is super unfair to Maxxine. 

Yeah Maxxine got thrown to the wolves and that sucks, nice to see other women in WWE come to her defense since it seems by all accounts she's a really sweet person. There's no excuse for her to be learning on the job on national TV when they have a whole ass developmental brand.

Learning in the job at house shows is obviously tough, but she hasn't complained about that footage, right? Here's the thing. She's not good. The only way to get good is reps. 
Getting booed is fine. But, holy shit. the online reactions are insane. 
Who cares? "The last model they're trying to teach how to work got booed at a house show!" or "FUCK HER SHE CANT RASSLE" 

Its another sign we'll doomed, eventually.

I hope Rocky doesn't repeat this same material today, this was pretty self explanatory and long enough to fight an opening segment of WWE TV.

Him saying professional wrestling so many times felt right, so glad they can use the term so freely once again.

And treating Seth as the clown he looks like was the best part, lol.