Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 4/24 - 4/27 - Prince Nana About To Kill Em

Timbo Slice

I know that AEW's usual move after delivering a big PPV is to have a wet fart Dynamite days later, but they have what feels like the best opportunity in months to build some real momentum coming out of Dynasty with Swerve and (especially) Ospreay. Here's hoping that they buck that trend.

Caught the angle at the end (thinking I was tuning in to watch the finish of Mox vs Hobbs, lol) and I truly hope they have a decent story to tell with this one because if the The Elite 2.0 become a heel authority figure I'm out. Done seen that fucking shit too many times in my life.

2 hours ago, The Man in Blak said:

I know that AEW's usual move after delivering a big PPV is to have a wet fart Dynamite days later, but they have what feels like the best opportunity in months to build some real momentum coming out of Dynasty with Swerve and (especially) Ospreay. Here's hoping that they buck that trend.

-siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh-

Meltzer actually made a fairly compelling argument that Danielson should have gone over Ospreay. If Ospreay just wins non-stop through All In or whenever he gets the World title, he'll have no challengers. If his first loss is closer to All In, how does he get a World title shot? A Danielson loss would give him something to fight for that goes a little beyond, "Has great matches."

But then, Danielson's "aw shucks, I just want to put guys over" act is in its own way as selfish as stuff not working for Hogan, brother.

7 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

But then, Danielson's "aw shucks, I just want to put guys over" act is in its own way as selfish as stuff not working for Hogan, brother.

Agreed, for as much as he loves wrestling, it's pretty staggering how he's doesn't see the upside of putting 1 guy over big instead of putting as many people over as possible. What makes it more weird is that he saw how that formula work when he did it with Homicide and Kofi.

5 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

It's big brained shit but at the same time it can come across as cowardly. Yeah, give me all my dream matches while I won't commit to holding the top belt or any belt at all, thus making long-term feuds an impossibility. 

They’ve showed some decent restraint to not pull the “heels attack Tony Khan” angle up until now but it’s finally done. It’s all in the follow-up.

Also, I’d have bet good money that this Jericho shit was leading to ANOTHER stable where 80% of the matches around it see Jericho facing someone to force them to join. Has he missed any TV since Dynamite started? Seems like every other worker in the company has went away, at least for a bit, but he’s there every week. Did he even miss much time when MJF turned on him?

Stardom ladies being a semi-regular thing in AEW is going to be a hoot. 

Also, Kenny stopped as short as humanly possible calling Rossy a pedo on one of his livestreams. What was possibly more alarming is that he heavily implied it was an open secret and people who want to praise him better watch their words because they'll end up looking really bad if/when the full story comes out.

Made me think of all the times Cornette made off color jokes about Kenny being around underage Japanese girls, and how it might end up he was the one protecting them.

41 minutes ago, Stiva said:

Also, I’d have bet good money that this Jericho shit was leading to ANOTHER stable where 80% of the matches around it see Jericho facing someone to force them to join. Has he missed any TV since Dynamite started? Seems like every other worker in the company has went away, at least for a bit, but he’s there every week. Did he even miss much time when MJF turned on him?

You're not wrong in the least, but I fucking love it that Jericho turned the internet's opinion of him into his new reinvention.  That's some epic trolling combined with some epic carny work finding a way to make money off it. That's some HOF level work, bubbas.

1 hour ago, Stiva said:

They’ve showed some decent restraint to not pull the “heels attack Tony Khan” angle up until now but it’s finally done. It’s all in the follow-up.

Time will tell indeed, but they couldn't have sold that This is Serious Shit any harder than having Big Bad Dad Shad make his debut.

Shahid Khan has an aura. I know many many desi uncles who look like him who are not to be messed with. Just looks like someone you don't fuck with. In a way, unfortunate for Jungle Boy, cuz one look at Shahid Khan and I refuse to believe that JB can pull that shit on TK in Shahid Khan's presence and not get murdered within 10 minutes

He most definitely won't have the time, but Shahid Khan def has the aura and the presence to be the badasss babyface owner/promoter who shows up once in a while to make sure things don't get out of hand too much, like Bil Watts in Mid-South or even Gorilla Monsoon in the 90s in WWF. He would serve the role far better than any on-screen version of Tony. I cannot imagine Shahid Khan ever in his life stating that he feared for his life because of another person. This is most definitely projection, but as I said, watching him reminded me of the many badass desi uncles I know, who look like him and also have that aura. 

Hey, in fact, his schedule might mean he only shows up like 5 times a year at most, which really is the most number you want to see an authority figure on screen. 

Once Danielson officially wraps it up as a full-time wrestler, he'd be the perfect choice to serve as a troubleshooting commissioner type who maintains law and order and occasionally steps in the ring to put the heels in their place when they get too far out of line. I'd be much more interested in that than an increasingly self-indulgent dream match retirement tour.