Pro Wrestling Only

Oh, Hulk ...

Loss

You live half a mile from the 20,000-square-foot home you can't go to anymore, you're driving through downtown Clearwater and see a 19-year-old boy driving your Escalade, and you know that a 19-year-old boy is sleeping in your bed, with your wife . . . I totally understand OJ. I get it."

Vince McMahon, Vince Russo and Kurt Angle have all said nutty things, but nothing as nutty as that Hogan quote.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's more "psychotic" than "nutty".

It's a stupid thing to say, but at least it has some beleivable foundation in reality. "I am so mad at my wife I could pull an OJ", that's more beleivable than "Yeah Vince wanted me to come main event Wrestlemania in 2009". So in that sense it's not "nutty" compared to some of his stuff, more just:

That's not going to help the divorce.

It is indeed a classic. Let's hope it remains as comedy and doesn't become one of those "shit, I giggled at what two years ago" moments.

April 15, 2009 --

HULK Hogan is sounding homicidal over the way his wife Linda dumped him, forced him out of his $18 million mansion, allegedly started spending his money at the rate of $40,000 a month and dating "some shaggy-haired pool boy 30 years her junior," Rolling Stone reports. "I could have turned everything into a crime scene, like OJ, cutting everybody's throat," he told the magazine. "You live half a mile from the 20,000-square-foot home you can't go to anymore, you're driving through downtown Clearwater and see a 19-year-old boy driving your Escalade, and you know that a 19-year-old boy is sleeping in your bed, with your wife . . . I totally understand OJ. I get it." He and Linda are battling it out in a Florida divorce court, where Linda's attorney claims she's entitled to use the car and that Hogan's claims against her are merely an attempt to control her love life.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04152009/gossi...e_oj_164506.htm

As I've stated on other groups, this kind of puts that one Nitro promo from '95 ("Everyone knows what a guy in black gloves is capable of!") in a new light.

And to borrow from RSPWFA2, I wonder if this means soon, WM IX will now end with Yokozuna winning the WWE title...

That's not going to help the divorce. :)

John

From F4W/WO.com:

--Linda Bollea was on Entertainment Tonight in wake of the statement saying, "Hulk's serial cheating destroyed our marriage, our family and our future. Sadly, his recent comments remind us that his definition of fair is much different than what the law dictates." A rep for Linda said, "We are taking these recent comments seriously. We have always maintained that the fear that Linda has had to live with comes from the rage and instability much too often associated with pro wrestlers." Wow, it looks like she's going to play the steroid card. (thanks to Jeff Sheridan)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bump for this bit from meltzer's update today (and I suspect more gems will be coming over the next while as his Hulkmania tour takes shape):

-- The usual awesome Hulk Hogan interview here (note--link at Meltz's update). Among the gems: Andre the Giant was exactly 308 kg (667 pounds) the day of WrestleMania three, and he knew that because Andre weighed in at the Detroit airport earlier in the day. He said the bodyslam wasn't planned in advance, and Andre said if he reckoned he could do it, to go for it. He also said he was ATTACKED in Melbourne earlier this week by a guy who looked like a Hell's Angle, but he took the guy down and hooked him and it was over quickly.

:mellow:

Guest John O'Neill

Yeah we need to create a thread compiling all the crap Hogan has said over the years.

The most distasteful being when he said the person his son injured in a car crash had bad karma coming his way.

The funniest was when he said Bret Hart refused to lose to Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 14.

Bump for this bit from meltzer's update today (and I suspect more gems will be coming over the next while as his Hulkmania tour takes shape):

-- The usual awesome Hulk Hogan interview here (note--link at Meltz's update). Among the gems: Andre the Giant was exactly 308 kg (667 pounds) the day of WrestleMania three, and he knew that because Andre weighed in at the Detroit airport earlier in the day. He said the bodyslam wasn't planned in advance, and Andre said if he reckoned he could do it, to go for it. He also said he was ATTACKED in Melbourne earlier this week by a guy who looked like a Hell's Angle, but he took the guy down and hooked him and it was over quickly.

:mellow:

Isn't Hogan buddies with Chuck Zito.

How would Zito /Hogan v Nathan Jones and head of Devil's Marbles branch of the Hells Angels draw? I assume Flair eats the pin.

• 4 weeks later...

The latest WO has this excerpt from Hulk's new book.

“The closest I came to a career-ender was right when Hulkamania first took off, on the night I won the belt from the Iron Sheik in 1984. The stakes wee so high that night, every move I made was over the top. Halfway through the match I jumped in the air real high and dropped a knee in the Iron Sheik’s chest. Even when the mat is perfectly flat, it hurts. But that night there was a board in the ring that was out of place. The edge of that board was sticking into the canvas–and that’s exactly where my left knee landed. I exploded my knee cap. Here I was at Madison Square Garden, knowing I was going to win the world title. There’s no way I wasn’t going to finish that match. It was the ultimate high, being in that ring, so I just pushed through the pain. A few minutes later, when I couldn’t take it anymore, I started Hulking up, I hadn’t really perfected that whole thing yet, but I had to do something to end that match quick. So I rallied my strength for everyone to see, and got ready for the finish, and I pulled the crowd with me. With that kneecap totally blown, I laid the leg drop on the Sheik, and one, two, three, I won the title.”

(Dave says) What’s even more amazing that with his blown out kneecap, he remained working a full schedule starting the next night.

The latest WO has this excerpt from Hulk's new book.

“The closest I came to a career-ender was right when Hulkamania first took off, on the night I won the belt from the Iron Sheik in 1984. The stakes wee so high that night, every move I made was over the top. Halfway through the match I jumped in the air real high and dropped a knee in the Iron Sheik’s chest. Even when the mat is perfectly flat, it hurts. But that night there was a board in the ring that was out of place. The edge of that board was sticking into the canvas–and that’s exactly where my left knee landed. I exploded my knee cap. Here I was at Madison Square Garden, knowing I was going to win the world title. There’s no way I wasn’t going to finish that match. It was the ultimate high, being in that ring, so I just pushed through the pain. A few minutes later, when I couldn’t take it anymore, I started Hulking up, I hadn’t really perfected that whole thing yet, but I had to do something to end that match quick. So I rallied my strength for everyone to see, and got ready for the finish, and I pulled the crowd with me. With that kneecap totally blown, I laid the leg drop on the Sheik, and one, two, three, I won the title.”

(Dave says) What’s even more amazing that with his blown out kneecap, he remained working a full schedule starting the next night.

So in a way, Verne Gagne succeeded. I wonder if he paid off the Sheik after all.

I'm cool with Hulk lying like this. It's "a great story", which is what wrestling books are all about. ;)

Also, we need to remember that Hulk isn't innovating here. Lou Thesz use to talk about how he blew out his knee when losing the title to Bronko, usually in blaming Bronko for it. Put him out for a long time. When people pointed out to Lou that he wasn't out long, it got kind of funny.

Probably hard to find on Classics.

So Hulk is just doing what Lou did.

John

Hogan on Larry King last nite...brief synopsis stolen from srossi on the S & W board:

What a trainwreck of an interview. My favorite part is when King thought that Laila Ali was Muhammad Ali's wife instead of his daughter and had to be corrected. Hogan was in rare form, as this quote about John Graziano proves, said over a clip of John as a vegetable in a wheelchair with his mouth hanging open:

"I'm totally of a different mindset than his attorneys. I'm positive. I know John will be back 100% and be a part of Team Hogan again."

Hogan also said "the spirit of Christ is in me" at least 5 times so that's his new mantra as he really plays the born-again card. But he broke out the old mantra one last time: "Everything that I've said before, the training, the prayers, the vitamins, the believing in yourself, that stuff really works." That's right, Hogan really used that line in an interview about how he almost committed suicide, and in such an un-ironic way that you can't help but have some degree of twisted admiration for someone who can so escape into the gimmick.

I want to laugh but I can't stop shaking my head over the Graziano part.