Pro Wrestling Only

Allied Powers

Kronos

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/All...VD-3-Discs.html

Throughout the years, fans of sports entertainment have enjoyed the controlled chaos of tag-team wrestling. Many present and future Hall of Fame Superstars have been part of a popular duo, including Shawn Michaels (The Rockers), Bret “Hit Man” Hart (The Hart Foundation) and Jeff and Matt Hardy (The Hardy Boys). Some Superstars will forever be remembered for their incredible impact as a team, including The Road Warriors, The Fabulous Freebirds and The Midnight Express. Some teams were a result of the unique, temporary pairing of two singles Superstars, including The Mega Powers (Hulk Hogan and Randy “Macho Man” Savage), and D-Generation X (Triple H and Shawn Michaels).

Allied Powers: The World’s Greatest Tag Teams honours all the greatest duos in sports entertainment history, complete with matches from WWE, WCW, NWA, AWA, WCCW and Championship Wrestling from Florida. Packed with profiles of more than 20 historical tag teams and events and 25 tag-team matches, Allied Powers: The World’s Greatest Tag Teams gives fans twice the excitement, twice the action and twice the drama.

Disc 1

Introduction by The Miz & John Morrison

Miz & Morrison – Chemistry Between Two Individuals

British Bulldogs

British Bulldogs vs. Hart Foundation

Madison Square Garden September 23, 1985

Steiner Brothers

Title vs. Title Match

Steiner Brothers vs. Hiroshi Hase / Kensuke Sasaki

Japan Supershow March 21, 1991

Miz & Morrison – Daredevils

Outstanding Aerial Achievement by a Tag Team

2 out of 3 Falls Tag Team Match

Killer Bees vs. Demolition

Houston, TX October 9, 1987

Hardy Boys

# 1 Contender Match

Edge & Christian vs. Hardy Boys

King of the Ring June 27, 1999

Miz & Morrison – Chick Magnets of the ‘80s

Fabulous Freebirds

Country Whipping Tag Team Match

Fabulous Freebirds vs. Kerry Von Erich / Kevin Von Erich

World Class Championship Wrestling October 1983

Best Brotherly Duos

Funk Brothers vs. Brisco Brothers

Championship Wrestling From Florida

Harlem Heat

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match

Harlem Heat vs. Steiner Brothers

Hog Wild August 10, 1996

Midnight Express

NWA United States Tag Team Championship Match

Fantastics vs. Midnight Express

Great American Bash July 10, 1988

Honorable Mentions

Anything Goes, Falls Count Anywhere Street Fight

Public Enemy vs. Nasty Boys

SuperBrawl VI February 11, 1996

Miz & Morrison – Rocking Your World

Rockers

Rockers vs. Brain Busters

Madison Square Garden March 18, 1989

Disc 2

Miz & Morrison – Demolishing the Competition

Demolition

WWE World Tag Team Championship

Strike Force vs. Demolition

WrestleMania IV March 27, 1988

Worldwide Attractions

Mike Rotundo / Barry Windham vs. Iron Sheik / Nikolai Volkoff

WrestleMania March 31, 1985

Miz & Morrison – Get the Tables!

Dudley Boyz

Championship Unification Steel Cage Tag Team Match

Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boys

Survivor Series November 18, 2001

Outsiders

Outsiders vs. Harlem Heat

Halloween Havoc October 27, 1996

Miz & Morrison – Power… Horses

Arn Anderson / Tully Blanchard

NWA World Tag Team Championship Match

Sting / Nikita Koloff vs. Arn Anderson / Tully Blanchard

Great American Bash July 10, 1988

Tribute to the Classics

Nick Bockwinkel / Ray Stevens vs. Red Bastien / Billy Robinson

AWA All Star Wrestling December 1972

Miz & Morrison – The Greatest Tag Team of the 21st Century

The Miz & John Morrison

The Miz / John Morrison vs. Rey Mysterio / Shawn Michaels

RAW November 17, 2008

Hart Foundation

Rougeau Brothers vs. Hart Foundation

Boston Garden March 7, 1987

Bonus Features

The Fabulous Freebirds – “Badstreet, USA” Music Video

Animal Advice from the British Bulldogs

Primetime Wrestling – August 31, 1987

Gene Okerlund Visits the Hart Foundation Headquarters

Coliseum Home Video Exclusive – 1987

Camouflage, Bushwhacker Style

Superstars – December 10, 1988

Gene Okerlund Interviews Demolition

Wrestling Challenge – July 7, 1990

The Legion of Doom Return to Chicago

Superstars – April 11, 1992

The Cutting Room Floor: Los Conquistadors

The Rock ‘n’ Sock Connection Break Up?

Raw – October 4, 1999

D-Generation X and the Meaning of Controversy

Cyber Sunday – November 5, 2006

John Morrison & The Miz – “Mizfits & Mofos” Music Video

Disc 3

Miz & Morrison – Reeking of the Most Awesomeness

Edge & Christian

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the WWE World Tag Team Championship

Edge & Christian vs. Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boyz

SummerSlam August 27, 2000

Rock ‘N’ Roll Express

NWA World Tag Team Championship

Rock ‘N’ Roll Express vs. Ivan Koloff / Khrusher Khruschev

World Wide Wrestling July 9, 1985

Miz & Morrison – Oh You Didn’t Know?

New Age Outlaws

New Age Outlaws vs. Rock ‘N’ Sock Connection

Armageddon December 12, 1999

Blockbuster Tag Teams

D-Generation X vs. Edge / Randy Orton

Cyber Sunday November 5, 2006

Miz & Morrison – Technical Masterminds

World’s Greatest Tag Team

Los Guerreros vs. World’s Greatest Tag Team

SmackDown! December 11, 2003

Crockett Cup

Tournament Cup Finals

Tully Blanchard / Lex Luger vs. Nikita Koloff / Dusty Rhodes

Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup Tag Team Tournament April 11, 1987

Miz & Morrison – Ohh, What a Rush!

Road Warriors

Legion of Doom vs. Money Inc.

SummerSlam August 29, 1992

Miz & Morrison – Saving the Best for Last

Looks like some rare stuff, maybe. Look at that AWA 72 match! Odd that the only Dudleys match is from WWE and not ECW. . .

The AWA 72 match has been showcased before. Nothing wrong with it but it's not a new release from the vault or anything.

If they were going to use a stock AWA tag match, I would have preferred they broke out one of the High Flyers-Martel/Santana matches from the summer of 1982. Really good stuff there.

When I saw the title and the folder, I immediately wondered why WWE was releasing something about the short-lived Lex Luger/Davey Boy Smith tag team.

I made jokes about that in other places when I first heard about this set being released.

Good matchlist. Some stuff they've released on DVD before, but I like the rarer stuff being on this set.

The Legion of Doom Return to Chicago

Superstars – April 11, 1992

Isn't this the promo where they debut Rocco the Dummy? If so, AWESOME.

According to Graham Cawthon's site, no. That happened on the 6/27 episode. This is just one where they challenge the Beverly Brothers.

This is a weak set but most amused by:

Harlem Heat vs. Steiner Brothers

Hog Wild August 10, 1996

Really? Harlem Heat getting "we hate jigaboos" heat in front of a biker crowd? Is this meant by the WWE as a shot at Booker, a shot at the WCW audience, or just a sign that no one has actually watched the matches selected?

Yeah, they could have picked another Harlem Heat match. I know they had several with the Steiner Brothers and surely you could find a better one to pick.

I am disappointed that Steiners/Nasty Boys didn't get included. That's quite an underrated match, IMO, and from the time frame in which the Steiners were on a roll.

Not sure why they pulled LOD/Money Inc. as the match to feature LOD, unless they were trying to work Money Inc. into the DVD. But regardless, that's a forgettable match.

I'm personally most amused by the fact that the set is hosted by Miz and Morrison. Talk about your total lack of long-term planning.

More amusing was Tazz hosting the 90s set (which hit stores well after he got released) and Foley hosting the HIAC set (which hit stores well after he joined TNA).

Not sure why they pulled LOD/Money Inc. as the match to feature LOD, unless they were trying to work Money Inc. into the DVD. But regardless, that's a forgettable match.

I was actually watching the documentary section of the Road Warriors DVD a few days ago and J.R. (I think) was trying to spin that match as the peak of their popularity, only for Hawk to screw it all up with his demons. So it's a match the company is in love with, probably due to the major arena setting and the huge crowd.

So much of this is duplicative. The Rockers-Busters is already on Shawn's set. Use the Lost Angeles match, or the SNME match that wasn't on the SNME set. :/

John

Not disagreeing with what should be on there, but the one on Shawn's set is 1/23/89. This one is 3/18/89.

So much of this is duplicative. The Rockers-Busters is already on Shawn's set. Use the Lost Angeles match, or the SNME match that wasn't on the SNME set. :/

John

Not disagreeing with what should be on there, but the one on Shawn's set is 1/23/89. This one is 3/18/89.

Funny, I could only count six duplicates: Anything from SummerSlam or WrestleMania, obviously (four). Horsemen vs. Sting/Nikita. And I guess the Cyber Sunday match. If I missed anything, let me know. Anyway as I don't plan on getting the PPV anthologies (I can only take the music changes and all in small doses), it doesn't affect me.

Yes I wondered why Rockers vs. BB I from SNME didn't make it. (You'd think they were saving it for this since it wasn't on the SNME set) But I like the MSG/house show/weekly TV love here in general. Also, just to let you know, Harts/Bulldogs is not the one on Bret's set.

Looks like some rare stuff, maybe. Look at that AWA 72 match! Odd that the only Dudleys match is from WWE and not ECW. . .

Ditto Public Enemy and others...but I fear the ECW library will soon be Benoit-ed given the PG rating.

Oh and did they say the AWA match was on the Spectacular Legacy? OK make that seven.

Also...

Did the post above mean the Steiners/Nasty Boys Havoc '90 match? You see so little of pre-Bischoff WCW on DVD (1990-1993), so yeah. But hey...Steiners in Japan!

We can go on ad infinitum about what would have/should have been good additions. But this lineup looks decent and varied to me. I do miss the really early days of WWE Home Video (2003-2005), though, when it seemed like they got everything right. The first Flair and Benoit are shining examples of this, as those had pretty much everything we would put there, given WWE's library holdings. And they seemed to take care to pick good matches. Now, there's a lot more randomness and I like the classic footage in general, but yeah, it seems they were more careful in the good old days. New things they have to exclude for various reasons don't help either...there's a lot more problems now than just editing WWF references and uncleared music.

I'm especially interested in seeing the Russians/Rock 'n' Rolls tag from JCP, which I think I recall Loss being pretty high on, although I'm really not sure where I read that, if I even did at all :unsure: .

The response to the omission of the Harts/Steiners tag from 1/94 has been bordering on outrage on some forums, since I guess people were expecting that to be a lock for this ever since it was announced. I'm not terribly fussed about it myself, though; never really was that high on it.

I'm still a sucker for the Steiners/Hase-Sasaki match, so I'm glad - and maybe a little surprised - that that's been included.

And I don't really know why, but I'm psyched to see the Demolition/Killer Bees 2/3 falls match.

Oh and did they say the AWA match was on the Spectacular Legacy? OK make that seven.

The AWA match wasn't on the AWA DVD. Earliest match from the set was from '74 (although WWE fucked up and said '71). I think KHawk means it's been available elsewhere, like WWE 24/7 or something.

The AWA match wasn't on the AWA DVD. Earliest match from the set was from '74 (although WWE fucked up and said '71). I think KHawk means it's been available elsewhere, like WWE 24/7 or something.

Yeah, this. Probably on one of the AWA specials that Verne originally produced that have been aired on 24/7.

• 1 month later...

So I bought the set and have gone through the first two discs.

Miz and Morrison work well as the DVD hosts... they stay semi-in-character for lack of a better term and it works pretty well.

The one disappointing part is they don't have Miz and Morrison do an intro segment for each tag team that is prominently featured. They say nothing about the Midnight Express or the Hart Foundation, for example, and they just go right to a highlight package to lead into the match.

There are segments in which they lump notable teams into several categories. The Daredevils are essentially 80's teams known for being high-flying duos and the Worldwide Attractions are those tag teams in which "where they hail from" was played up to at least some extent.

Although in watching the Best Brotherly Duos listing, I chuckled at the Smoking Gunns being listed there. I'm surprised WWE would still keep kayfabe with them.

As for the Honorable Mentions, that seems to be the category in which they just tossed out notable teams that didn't really fit in any of the other categories they mentioned... so you have MNM, the Hollywood Blondes, Billy and Chuck and the Nasty Boys being put in the same grouping.

There are some matches that are quite good, and I found myself a bit surprised in watching Outsiders/Harlem Heat in that Hall and Nash had their working boots on... although there did seem to be that subtle hint of burying Harlem Heat by the way the finish came off.

I didn't mind Mizorrison not talking about every team, especially they were in heavy character mode anyway.

Agreed about the finish of Outsiders/Harlem Heat. Didn't mind Parker being a chickenshit (it suits his character) but the way Sherri and Stevie Ray were standing there speechless while Hall pinned Booker really came across bad. Made Harlem Heat look dumb.

I also chuckled at how the Brotherly Duos were almost all kayfabed brothers.

BTW, the RnR Express-Russians match goes WELL over 30 minutes. Easily the longest match on the set.

Watched the final disc tonight. And yes, that RnR/Russians match is a long one, and the textbook example of how to really stretch out the hot tag. They may have done it too long, though, but you talk about a big crowd reaction when the hot tag is finally made, there you have it.

What I think does work about the set is that the tag matches all tend to vary in terms of how they work the tag team formula, and serve as a good way to compare among the matches as to where it works well and where it doesn't work as well.

And interestingly enough, they also serve how to compare commentators. You learn quickly how bad David Crockett was, how good Tony Schiavone was at one point, how Jim Ross went from being very good at what he does to sounding like he's board, to Gorilla Monsoon varying in his level, but definitely making a good observation in one of the matches in how the referee is showing no consistency with allowing a tag he doesn't see.

The Monsoon bit is the one tag team spot that always bothered me... the heels switching places behind the referee's back and the referee questioning it but doing nothing about it, only when the face makes a tag the referee doesn't see, he doesn't allow it. I'm fine with heels switching off and the referee getting confused by itself, or the face team making a tag he doesn't see and it isn't allowed by itself, but when the two are put into the same match, it just makes no sense how the referee can be confused by the heels switching off, but know exactly which face is the legal wrestler in the ring.

The Monsoon bit is the one tag team spot that always bothered me... the heels switching places behind the referee's back and the referee questioning it but doing nothing about it, only when the face makes a tag the referee doesn't see, he doesn't allow it. I'm fine with heels switching off and the referee getting confused by itself, or the face team making a tag he doesn't see and it isn't allowed by itself, but when the two are put into the same match, it just makes no sense how the referee can be confused by the heels switching off, but know exactly which face is the legal wrestler in the ring.

If you notice in matches where both are done, usually the heels have completely switched out, while when the faces do it usually both faces are still in the ring when the referee turns around. So the referee is most likely to believe the heels did tag since they've switched out, but since both faces are in the ring the referee can't really believe the tag was made.

Seriously....

clipping matches for a DVD (when time allows full matches)

taking out the blood for hardcore adult fans...

being totally clueless WHAT matches to choose in your 75,000 hours tape library....

and...having the "McMahonized" version of history shoved down the purchasers throats.

Jim Cornette had it right in 2006 The WWE could (Screw Up) a Wet Dream