Pro Wrestling Only

Linda McMahon for Senate catch-all thread

Loss

The Journal Inquirer putting the boots to Linda McMahon / WWE:

WWE Scenes Published at JI Internet Site

But photographs of scenes from that WWE programming, as examined by the documentary, are too violent, sexual, and potentially disturbing to be presented in a family newspaper, a newspaper to which children have easy access. Accordingly the Journal Inquirer has published photographs of these scenes only at its Internet site, accompanied there by today’s news reports about the documentary film.

WWE shows under McMahon's tenure 'disastrous' for culture, filmmaker says

Wow, at the captions to some of the pictures in the latter article, for example: "Two men wrestlers simulate sex in the ring".

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE shows under McMahon's tenure 'disastrous' for culture, filmmaker says

Wow, at the captions to some of the pictures in the latter article, for example: "Two men wrestlers simulate sex in the ring".

I didn't bother to read that article but looking at the captions for the pics I learned the following things

- women in bikinis are bad & nearly naked

- homosexuality is wrong & bad for the children

- sex of any kind is wrong

- any time a males face nears anothers crotch or a males crotch nears anothers butt no matter the context that = simulated sex

- WCW & WWE are the same thing

Really though, there's no point arguing stuff like this. True stupidity is never really correctable & always points itself out which I apreciate since I like to know who the idiots are in the world so I can stay far away from them.

The New York Times, The Day, CT Post and Norwich Bulletin are all endorsing Chris Murphy. We know which way the wind is blowing at the Journal Inquirer. No endorsements for McMahon yet. Guess that comment blaming the local media for demagoguery went down well! :)

Edit: Actually, FLIK, a lot of the Journal Inquirer's coverage has been pretty insightful when they stick to politics.

WIn or Lose, its absolute shit that she has to continually be brought up with WWE and its past. Her politics and views are what matter, not that she was part of a bloody storyline or other things.

Who she supports for president, that matters, so its nice to see that ad (no matter who you like) the ad is straight forward and doesnt attack anyone else.

But that is America, who gives a shit about the real facts, lets drag skulls out of the closet and focus on those and waste more time...

People lie about their politics and views. She clearly has, and of course is hardly the only one. So it is worthwhile to take a look at her actions prior to crafting her campaign message. Her actions prior to that are as a head of the WWE, which she certainly has pointed to over the last two campaigns as an example of "I'm a successful business woman, and that why you should vote for me!"

John

Vince McMahon 'fesses up to donation to Trump

Big picture, it's a small thing in the election. But small picture... there are quite a few Obama voters who really hate Trump for all the birther shit. Trump stupidly popped back onto the national stage with that goofy $5M Offer which got laughed down as soon as he announced it. Just another late reminder to some Obama voters what a prick he is.

Obama is out polling Murphy in CT. Murphy has been working hard to get Obama voters all lined up behind him, though it seems unlikely he will. The national race tightened after the first debate took away the opportunity for Obama to spend a good chunk of Oct focused on supporting candidates in Senate and Congressional races where the Obama rub would have helped (in contrast to say AZ).

But getting lumped so closely with Trump less than two weeks out, during the same week Trump popped back into the news... not great timing.

Small thing, but even getting 1% to move from Linda to Murphy is bad for Linda... of getting 1% of the undecided to head to Murphy... not good for her.

John

It is a non-story.

But Obama's Birth Certificate is a non-story. Yet what % of GOP folks think he was born in Kenya? :)

In a close election in a state that's going Obama, this last in the race being seen as Pals With Trump doesn't help with Obama Voters that Linda is trying to peel away from Murphy. Again, if even 1% hear this and are annoyed enough to switch from Linda to Murph, it's not good for Linda. Lord knows... the number of people who think Obama is Kenyan is far higher than 1%. :)

John

People lie about their politics and views. She clearly has, and of course is hardly the only one. So it is worthwhile to take a look at her actions prior to crafting her campaign message. Her actions prior to that are as a head of the WWE, which she certainly has pointed to over the last two campaigns as an example of "I'm a successful business woman, and that why you should vote for me!"

John

It would be nice if one person looking to play "gotcha" with her WWE past would point out she had little to no input in building the company and only was named CEO because Vince was afraid he was going to go to jail. Instead we keep getting the same go-to's of Trish barking and HLA.

Nate updated his projections for the Senate. His model on CT:

Projected vote share: 51.7-46.2 (Murphy +5.5)

Chance of winning: 86%/14% Murphy

90% is his "safe" level, so this still is in "likely" for the moment. Would take something odd for it to turn.

John

Dave Meltzer's been saying that Linda may have learnt her lesson from blowing all her best dirt on Blumenthal during primary season in 2010 that she may have left a bombshell on Murphy for the final week. We shall see after Hurricane Sandy has passed through, as I'm guessing that neither side will release anything major until that humanitarian scare is over.

Monday is too late to roll something out. They would really need to roll it out no later than Thursday. Friday news dump is a bit too late, and instead you'd want to use that as an advantage: the next goes out on Thu, it's the talk of Friday, no one pays attention to the defense over the weekend, and by Monday the news has moved on to a degree.

That said, Dave is probably getting this nonsense from "connected" people who largely are WWE'ers and don't know two shits about politics and elections. A surprise on Monday isn't enough to wipe out a the 5 point lead Nate projects it to be, unless Murphy was banging 12 year olds.

Linda has run mediocre general campaigns, and largely has only been effective in the primaries due to (i) he loads of money, and (ii) the lack of a decent batshit crazy tea partier that captured the mind of the Base during the primary. In other words, what happened in 2010 with O'Donnell and the crackpot in Alaska, and quite a few other GOP primaries. When it's come to the general elections, her campaigns have been poor beyond simply the ability to toss a ton of money at the campaign.

From listening to Dave and reading all that he's wrote on the subject, it's clear that he does speak to at least some of the Connecticut journalists. I think he's more connected than you would think. At the very least, she's going to spend big on election day to mobilise all her voters and attempt to change minds at the last second. It probably won't be enough, but the race is close enough that an upset could still happen.

I would agree that her campaigns have been largely mediocre once they got to the debate stages, but both races were a lot closer than the Democrats would have assumed and wanted given her ability to spend big to find the dirt on her opponents and publicise it nonstop on the airwaves.

By the way, the latest Rasmussen poll has Murphy up by 6 points, 51 to 45, consistent with most recent polls.

The Ras poll is largely game/set/match. Scott has a track record over putting his finger on the scales in the GOP direction above the average pollsters, then magically in the last week of campaigns "correcting" back to the Average so that his Final Poll(s) are closer to reality. Firms are usually judged on their Final Poll, rather than the majority of people paying close attention to how the poll it doing the long campaign. Scott has a sneaky ability to move his Final so that he retains some credibility.

10/21: 48-47

10/28: 51-45 (+3/-2)

John

It's obviously a possibility, but it's not the big prize the family set their hearts on. They wanted national influence, not local influence. Running for Governor and winning would preclude running for the Senate again in 2016.

Meanwhile, Linda McMahon has made more friends in her party by seeking an emergency court order to certify how many ballots the New Haven Republican Registrar of Voters Rae Tramontano has ordered:

“We’re good. This is petty stuff. I’m so mad at these people,” Tramontano said. “I’m getting so mad at them. I might not vote for her.”

“This is obviously political gamesmenship. At the end of the day, we have enough ballots,” Bolden said. He said filing the complaint in Hartford is one more inconvenience.

Bolden said it was an example of the “legal profession at its lowest level.”