Loss

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/20...nate-races.html

PPP leans Dem, at least in 2009 & 2010. But this was interesting:

Linda McMahon, already unpopular, has just become more disliked by voters in the state over the last couple weeks. Only 37% have a favorable opinion of her to 52% with an unfavorable one. For a Republican to win in Connecticut requires their party to be strongly unified around them. But McMahon is losing 19% of the GOP vote to Murphy, a good deal more than the 14% of Democrats she's picking up. McMahon is also performing terribly with women, trailing Murphy 55-39 with them.

Corey Bliss on the latest poll:

PPP’s newly released poll is nothing more than a desperate stunt. This poll is clearly meant to discourage Linda McMahon’s supporters. Today, we had over 1,000 volunteers making phone calls and knocking on doors. And this weekend our supporters will be knocking on 400,000 doors and making 600,000 calls. Whether it be manufactured polls, flying in President Clinton, or asking President Obama to beg for support, nothing can erase Congressman Murphy’s record. The ad from President Obama is the only ad he’s recorded for a Senate candidate this cycle. Too bad for Congressman Murphy the last ad President Obama recorded for a Senate candidate was in Massachusetts for Martha Coakley, who faded into oblivion. PPP is nothing more than a front for the Democrats, and this is a sad stunt. Our supporters won’t be deterred by the Democrats’ desperation.

McMahon campaign used ‘deceitful tactics’ in mailers, election enforcement agency alleges

Zorzanello was one of the voters who complained about the material. She obtained an absentee ballot application for her 95-year-old father, Baselio Zorzanello, and delivered the ballot to Orange Town Hall, as he is a town resident.

In the meantime, the material had arrived from the campaign and his caretaker had put it aside. It was stamped “DO NOT TAMPER OFFICIAL DOCUMENT” in one corner of the envelope and in the other corner said “STATE OF CONNECTICUT ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATION ENCLOSED.”

She thought she had done something incorrectly and assumed the clerk had returned his ballot, until she opened it. Zorzanello said her father got several phone calls from the campaign on whether he had received the application until he told them to stop.

“To me, this is a predatory campaign practice. It appears to be instructing them. It’s unethical,” Zorzanello said, particularly when directed at the elderly.

Linda's coming off as the electoral equivalent of a con man that prays on the most vulnerable.

If I had 100 million at my disposal, I'm certain I could get at least 50 percent of the population of any given state to have a favorable opinion of me.

Yet she has that much at her disposal and can't. Most people would get the message at that point but I'd bet she won't

Nice piece.

Here's another funny one:

Linda McMahon Doorhanger: Vote For Obama … And Me

Yeah, she's toast, and hilariously toast given it's her second dance of pissing her money away.

Nate's forecast:

Projected vote share: 52.4-45.7 (Murphy +6.7)

Chance of winning: 92%/8%

That might actually be "low" as there has only been the PPP poll in the last 13 days. That's a period where (i) Mittmentum stopped, (ii) Obama reversed a chunk of his post-1st debate losses, (iii) that Obama add was perfectly timed for this final weekend, and (iv) Linda Fatigue has set in.

Here's another reason it might actually be low, looking at Nate's Presidential forecast:

CT

Projected vote share: 56.3-42.8 (Obama +13.5)

Chance of winning: 100%/0%

Two things come to mind: (i) Linda might be more unpopular in CT than Linda, and (ii) that Obama ad might just give some coattails that split the difference between where he has Obama projected and where he has Murphy projected. If Obama does in fact win by 13 points, it's hard to see Linda not finishing 9 points behind.

John

I called it days ago John. ;)

I called it when she won the nomination. :) Seriously... I think if we go up the thread, we both called it then.

It's staggering to blow $100M on two stupid campaigns.

FWIW, has Dave ever given up what sort of "late bullet" that those idiot sources in the WWE/Campaign were feeding him?

John

Let's be honest, there's not a single wrestling fan that thought Linda had a prayer. If they're a wrestling fan that knows anything about politics as well? Everyone knew it was a waste of time & money. Just like last time. She doesn't know what the fuck she's doing. She doesn't have any experience. She can't talk to save her life. What positive does she have going for her, exactly? She has money? Well now she's $100 million lighter.