Pro Wrestling Only

Linda McMahon for Senate catch-all thread

Loss

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What job has Linda created? Doesn't the WWE usually increase their profits by doing a post-WrestleMania endeavoring almost every year? A lot of behind the scenes jobs have been cut from their internet/new media/whatever Shane was in charge of as well.

So what proof is there anywhere that Linda can create jobs other than other Republicans saying she can?

On paper, Linda took a regional business that started out in 1982 with maybe a few dozen employees and made it an international entertainment franchise with 564 employees by February 2009. That's not counting the increased number of wrestlers under contract too. Yeah, we all know that was largely down to Vince, but the public will just see Linda as the Business Manager (from the establishment of Titan Sports?), President (1993) and CEO (1997) during a period where the company massively expanded and became listed on the New York Stock Exchange.

What proof is there that Linda has been anything more than Vince's wife with a title?

Everything I've seen points to her running the detail/numbers type stuff while Vince took care of running the circus, for some time now.

Relative to 'creating jobs', WWE certainly has way more employees than did the WWWF, but when one considers the industry as a whole and the many anti-competitive things WWE/WWF did over the years...

Everything I've seen points to her running the detail/numbers type stuff while Vince took care of running the circus, for some time now.

I've read similar stuff, and have no idea what that means. What type of detail? What type of numbers? What specifically was she doing on the business side? It's a great stock answer to say Linda ran the business side and Vince ran the creative side, but in wrestling, the creative side is the business side because it is what drives the revenue, so then I'm again left wondering what her day-to-day responsibilities were.

I've read similar stuff, and have no idea what that means. What type of detail? What type of numbers? What specifically was she doing on the business side? It's a great stock answer to say Linda ran the business side and Vince ran the creative side, but in wrestling, the creative side is the business side because it is what drives the revenue, so then I'm again left wondering what her day-to-day responsibilities were.

Making sure the bills get paid, probably some amount of handling the logistics, marketing, relationships with other companies, merchandise production... I mean there is a crapload that goes on with my family's tiny little business, I can't even imagine how much effort would be needed for WWE. Vince puts herculean amounts of time on the on-air and house show product, managing the wrestlers, developmental, and so on. Linda is more replaceable in the grand scheme of things but that doesn't equate to her being nothing more than Vince's Wife with a title.

I'm waiting for the attack ad that says something like "Linda McMahon says she wants to create jobs for Americans. But then why she continue ship American jobs overseas? [shows footage of Shemaus, McIntryre, Khali, Kofi, all the Canadians, etc] Peter Schiff understands the plight of American fake-fighters who have been hurt by this policy. Linda McMahon: Wrong for Connecticut. Wrong for America."

Check out the newest ad Linda's campaign has put out. Apparently, Linda McMahon "tamed the traveling show-world of professional wrestling."

To me this is upsetting in the sense that is common knowledge that many people react to pro wrestling as if it's the plague because they've been trained to think it's stupid, fake, lower class entertainment (hell, when I tell some people I'm co-owner of local wrestling company, their whole perception of me changes and they look at me like I'm a weirdo.)

So, here's Linda - whose family business which brought her millions of dollars and the ability to even run for Senate in the first place is because of wrestling - basically saying "You're right in thinking wrestling has been lame, but I made it respectable"

I'm probably taking it to seriously upon first viewing, but to me, she's insinuating that much of the work of her family has done hasn't been respectable.

It'd be like one of the heads of a family-run restaurant that's been open for 50 years coming on a TV ad and saying "You're right in thinking our food has been terrible in the past, but I'm making it respectable and I'm providing jobs to employees."

I'm probably taking it to seriously upon first viewing, but to me, she's insinuating that much of the work of her family has done hasn't been respectable.

Your misinterpreting the ad. Linda McMahon "tamed the traveling show-world of professional wrestling" is no different from Vince McMahon "took wrestling out of the dank, smoky arenas". She's clearly arguing that the traveling show-world of professional wrestling was made respectable by her family in the '80s.

Your misinterpreting the ad. Linda McMahon "tamed the traveling show-world of professional wrestling" is no different from Vince McMahon "took wrestling out of the dank, smoky arenas". She's clearly arguing that the traveling show-world of professional wrestling was made respectable by her family in the '80s.

Yeah, watching it again, I definitely see it more in line with your thoughts than my initial reaction.

The Domino's analogy is a good one. They're pizza is good now, but I also liked it before they started using higher quality ingredients too.

By the way, is the newest WON the first time that Dave has outright said that the "Terry Garvin school of self defense" jokes were made about wrestlers believed to be...involved with Garvin? I don't think I've ever seen anyone confirm it to that degree before.

The polls seem to be narrowing a bit, which is really a worst-case scenario for her, like having a flush in poker while your opponent has a full house. It'll make her think if she just spends a couple million more... but that isn't going to make much difference at this point because she's already saturated the airwaves with her message.

Linda on Cade:

The Connecticut Post reports that when asked if she knew the former WWE Tag Team Champion, McMahon replied: "I might have met him once."

Reiterating the details of the WWE's Wellness Program, she then told reporters that WWE can no more be held accountable for deaths of performers "than a film studio could have prevented Heath Ledger's death".

McMahon added: "Who knows what causes people to have addictions and do what they do?"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...th-critics.html

I know that none of us should ever be surprised at any blatant lie that ever comes out of a carny's mouth. The McMahons specialize in working and spinning on a level of ballsiness which is well established. But this one still got me:

when asked if she knew the former WWE Tag Team Champion, McMahon replied: "I might have met him once."

What. Lance Cade worked on the Raw brand for over five years. This is information which is readily available on fucking Wikipedia. Why would Linda tell such an obvious and easily disproved falsehood? I know, distance yourself from controversy and all that. But why lie to such a ridiculous extreme? I bet you could find video evidence of Linda and Cade being in the same room on multiple occasions. The potential backlash for telling such a whopper to the public is greater than the potential harm for saying "he was just one employee out of three hundred, I didn't know him very well". What's the point of such needless and laughable exaggeration?

Sorry Jingus, but no-one cares about Linda telling whoppers about the number of times she met one of her dead wrestlers. If nobody cared about her lying in her application form to be appointed on the Connecticut Board of Education, then they won't care about that.

I know that it will most likely pass by unremarked. But my point is, why did Linda care enough to tell such a stupid lie which is so easily exposed? The dude was just one wrestler out of however many thousands have worked for this company. The paranoia of the WWE office these days on matters like this is just odd. I know Benoit changed everything, but still, you wouldn't have dreamed they'd care about something like this just a decade prior.

I don't understand how "I only met him once" helps her more than "I knew him well and am deeply saddened by his passing". Though I don't think it is ENTIRELY out of the question that she had little personal interaction with a midcarder. How often is she even at shows?

I don't understand how "I only met him once" helps her more than "I knew him well and am deeply saddened by his passing". Though I don't think it is ENTIRELY out of the question that she had little personal interaction with a midcarder. How often is she even at shows?

"I might have met him once" is code for "I couldn't possibly have known he was a pain pill popping junkie". However, I agree with the point that it is actually plausible that she hardly knew him, though emphasising that fact makes her look cold and distant.