Pro Wrestling Only

Flair-Highspots Lawsuit

rovert

I know he is on team Flair just google his name and Flair's to bring up fawning articles going back years.

But just listen to him Mike sounded uber sincere he didnt have the "hey you virgins" bluster of Madden or the how do I be fair to Flair while keeping my own credibility parsing of words that the Meltzers or Maddens of the world often indulge in on occasions like this. Is Mike being worked? Maybe. I might be totally naive here but I dont think Mike is going out of his way to lie.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Mooneyham was lying, just that his source isn't the most reliable. I also think Flair expects more than superstar treatment. I mean does TNA pay for anybody else's wife to go on foreign tours with them? I know people will bring up Jarrett's name, but he is a part owner, not merely a wrestler.

Mooneyham is Flair's best friend. He is also exactly the opposite of Flair in attitude and how he carries himself (Mike never drinks, his kid is in seminary, he's very responsible with his money, et.). Mike always sounds calm and sincere and is not a bombastic guy. Still when it comes to Flair you have to remember that Mike is talking about his best friend.

From the Observer:

--Pro wrestling got some pub when Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers put a replica world title belt on his shoulders as he was holding the Lombardi Trophy after the game last night. Ric Flair, who held a belt that looked like that for years and is a huge NFL fan, was on ESPN today talking about it.

--Flair said he sent Rodgers the replica belt, and then an intern on The Score in Chicago said he was the one who sent Rodgers the belt at http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/02/07/rod...n-for-wwe-belt/

yeesh

• 3 weeks later...

By Mike Johnson on 2011-02-25 15:35:05

highspots.com issued the following statement today:

Highspots.com would like to announce we have settled our dispute with Ric Flair concerning the NWA belt. We thank Ric and all the attorneys involved for their cooperation today in reaching a resolution and truly wish Mr Flair the best in his future endeavors . Happy birthday champ!

And thats its. :(

• 3 months later...

Ric Flair was charged today with contempt of court in a ruling issued by Superior Court in Mecklenberg County. Flair had agreed to pay Michael Bochicchio and Highspots Inc. $35,000 and autograph 300 pictures by 4/29 in a settlement for money Highspots claimed was owed to them by advancing Flair money. The court believed that Flair had the assets and income to where he could afford to comply with the agreement and had failed to do so. The order is that Flair can be put in prison for up to 90 days as long as he remains in contempt by not paying what was owed. Unless he complies with the terms of the agreement, he would be ordered to prison on 6/27.

Ive started a Paypal account for donations :lol:

This in a week where Ric was taking pokes at Macho for being smart with his money and dying young without being able to enjoy all of it.

From the May 30, 2011 WON:

“My thoughts about Randy are different,” said Ric Flair. “I think he was such a competitive guy. Randy had a really hard time relaxing and I feel bad. I think about the times I used to say to him, `Hey, man, just calm down and don’t worry about this and this, whatever happens is going to happen.’ If you go to sleep at night worry about what’s going to happen the next day, it’s just too hard.”

“I never had personal differences with him, nothing about lifestyle. It was just about business and it doesn’t stop my opinion, he always did favors for me. He came in and opened some of my Gold’s Gyms. We were great friends. He and I clashed in business but outside of the ring, we were great. He could drink beer and have a good time. And I made him laugh and helped him take his mind off things that bothered him. We got along great and had a lot of fun together.

“I used to say to him all the time, he probably died with $300 million in the bank, I’m being facetious, but Randy was very thrifty. He used to say to me all the time, because he would stay at hotels that were less cost effective than where I stayed, you can criticize it all you want but I’m going to enjoy the moment because you never know. The irony is that Randy was only 58 years old. That’s sad because I guarantee you he’s got enough money to live 200 more years.

“He worked very hard to earn it. He deserved it. But I always used to say to him, `Man, you live for the day.’ Today’s another example of why you have to live for today. You never know.”

John

What part of that did Flair take a poke at Randy? It read like a co-worker and/or friend describing someone else with honesty and good memories. I don't know, I might be reading it wrong :unsure:

Read like Ric validating his choices to blow his money, while Randy saved up and dropped dead without enjoying life to the fullest in Ric's eyes.

John

Well, Flair is half-right in that you should also live for the day because you can drop dead at any seconds, and you won't take your money in the grave. Where Ric is wrong is if he thinks he made good choices himself. Look at him now, at 60 past, and still in need of money. There's a balance to be found here.

I'm more like Savage now that I am older, but there was a time I was more like Flair. All about the good times, parties, and among other things, the women of the night. There are times I miss that younger lifestyle I once had. Like when I haven't had "real" fun in six-months because I've been a miser with my money because of bills. But there are times I'm glad that lifestyle is over. I don't have to worry about rides home, coming up with explanations about my whereabouts, or all of the overdraft fees my bank penalizes me for.

Flair has always been consumed by the frat boy syndrome. He has to be the party. Not just the coolest kid at the party, or the life of the party, but the party itself. Randy was apparently just fine with being the guy who holds up the counter or leaves an indentation in the wall he leaned against all night while sipping on the one beer he's had all night. His standards of material things, social identification, and resume of women he slept with in comparison to Flair's is like trying to compare the winter in Michigan to the winters in Florida.

After a second and third read of Flair's comments, I get the impression that Flair holds two regrets about Savage's passing. One, I get the impression Flair is envious of the lifestyle Savage had, which is one he has never climbed the fence to explore before. Maybe he thinks his life would be better if he had been more mature with his money and personal life. He'd have a stabler relationship with his children. Would probably still be married to his second wife. Two, and at the same time, he also has regret that Savage never dipped his toes into Flair's pool. That he wasn't one of the boys, not like Arn, Tully, or any of the West Texas boys. Flair's fondest memories involve any number of men's men that Flair partied with, like Harley, Wahoo, or Blackjack Mulligan. Space is also reserved for wild parties, angry hotel managers, and the amount of cash that was put into his hands that poured out into things that made him feel alive. Maybe Flair thinks Savage didn't "live" enough. Nothing wrong with that to me. Just one man thinking back on another man's life. Savage got a good review in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

So Ric signed some autographs (which he could easily have done ages ago) and found a fanboy to payoff Highspots to keep him out of the slammer. Ric avoids hitting rock bottom yet again. I look forward to the next stop on the trainwreck.

John

• 1 month later...

I know there was another thread started on this, thought I'd toss it in the Flair's Trainwreck Archival Thread.

The Wrestler in Real Life: Ric Flair's long, steady decline

What I said over on the Torch boards: It is a bit sad that a staff writer at an ESPN site put together a timeline like this from public court documents rather than two wrestling reporters who have covered Ric the most over the past two decades... one of whom has most of these records in his own backyard.

John

On May 27, Fliehr married his third wife, Tiffany Vandemark. As his marriage to Elizabeth came to an end, he allegedly cashed in an annuity to buy a $100,000 engagement ring for Tiffany. He also bought her a Louis Vuitton bag and a Rolex watch. The wrestler Triple H was his best man.

That was back in 2006. How many more annuities do you think he's cashed in? The only thing that might prevent him from having cashed in all of them would be Beth having a cut in them and a court order preventing it. That doesn't mean that Ric, given all the other financial stunts he's pulled over the years, hasn't signed over his rights in them to get loans to keep the highlife going. I think anyone thinking about it for more than a minute always knew the "millions in annuities" claim was horseshit in the sense that Ric would simply leverage them all out for money to spend today, and never see a dime of them down the road.

John