Pro Wrestling Only

The Official CM Punk Twitter thread

sek69

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah. I don't drive when I am high, though. Period. I refuse to take the chance of having that type of blood on my hands for the rest of my life. No way, man. I would rather walk whatever distance it is back home, and deal with those circumstances the next day than to take the chance of being one of those guys.

I have nothing against drugs.

Ditto. Drugs are everywhere since the beginning of humanity. As long as you don't do harm to someone else and are responsible with it, I'm not one to judge. The only severe issue is addiction, but that's a different thing.

People have free will to do as they choose.

Until they become addict, and then, it's big trouble. I've dealt with a girl with an alchohol issue, and it can break you and the entourage down. It's truly a destructive thing.

There again though, I'm not a parent of a teenager who is wanting to experiment with narcotics.

I guess.

Nevertheless, I'll probably smoke pot till the day I die, though. And I'm not one of those types that brags about it, either. Marijuana helps control and moderate certain things that are wrong with me, like the amount of crippling pain I fight against on a daily basis because I tore my Achilles tendon, or the brain and heart injuries I suffered in the Marine Corps. Or the seven years of football on my athletic resume. It makes me a functioning cripple but without the nausea inducing side-effects of straight pain. If I were to lose that remedy, I might as well blow my fucking brains out because that is no way to live. Basically, marijuana to me is like vicodin to House.

Marijuana should be legalized yesterday. It's ridiculous, it's the least dangerous and addictive drugs of all. Tobacco is a poison. Alcohol is a billion time more dangerous, yet any fucker can ger wasted, take his car and kill a family, or come back home and hit his girlfriend. I've never heard of something killing other people because he smoked pot. And understand me, I'm not even a consummer. I never had a cigarette in my life and never did any drugs. I just drink socially, and even then, very hard to get wasted because I have a pretty strong resistance to alcohol and because I usually know when to stop (and doesn't enjoy the hangover one bit). I know I have somewhat of an addictive nature, so that keeps me away from trying anything although the tentation has been there from time to time. I reported my addictive instinct on others, much less risky things instead.

Hah. I don't drive when I am high, though. Period. I refuse to take the chance of having that type of blood on my hands for the rest of my life. No way, man. I would rather walk whatever distance it is back home, and deal with those circumstances the next day than to take the chance of being one of those guys.

Yep. This is called responsability. Life is way too fragile.

I have quit smoking twice in my life. I started smoking in the Marine Corps when I was learning how to fire a howitzer. It was either smoke or just stay a perpetual nervous wreck because someone on one of the other cannons might have made a mistake with a timed fuse. It is one of those mistakes that kill people without them ever knowing they were about to die in one hell of an explosion of gunpowder and torn apart two ton steel tube. In the fleet though, alcohol became readily available, and it was dirt cheap too, as were cigarettes. I drank hard after a few bad field ops and my only deployment. Had too, I guess. Something was missing and something needed to fill that empty void.

Quitting smoking is not a fun experience. I always go cold turkey, which doesn't help much, but my will has beaten it twice on its own now, thankfully. That same strong will helped me get into the Marine Corps. The Marines is like a drug on its own, man.

But I definitely understand how addictive drugs of all shapes and sizes can be for people. Some people can handle the urges, others will literal claw their own hide off while in the grasp of withdrawals. I've seen that at the county jail before. Alcohol withdrawals can actually kill a person if not properly attended to. I also understand that I use marijuana for an appropriate reason, i.e, to manage debilitating pain and focus my mind. Some people use drugs to alleviate other types of stresses in their lives or to escape their own hellish reality. It's sad that it too often consumes them. I've been lucky that I have dodged that train on several occasions.

Thanks. I try to be as good of a person as I can. The Marines thought me more then how to jump out of helicopters, blow stuff up, navigate abyss like darkness, and sweep and clear a house in under two minutes. Honor, courage, and commitment are the values they preach and the values I took with me even after my body couldn't continue as a United States Marine. My sense of fairness plagues me continuously as well. My ethics of loyalty are lifelong to the people I love and respect. I simply have too much respect for them to ever put myself and innocent people at risk because of my irresponsibility and stupidity. Every time I hear about another drunk driver hitting and killing someone is just another rock on the pile of the great injustice our country provides for alcohol distributors at our expense. When has a man or woman under the influence of marijuana ever killed an entire family on their return trip home from a soccer game? Nevertheless, I guess alcohol is a necessary evil because without it, the people that needed it would completely lose their minds within hours of its removal.

/backtoprowrestlingonly

I lol'd:

CM Punk

“@WrestleMania: Only 292 days until @JohnCena faces @TheRock at @WrestleMania" Will the rock make it? The strenuous road must wear him out!

Punk and Austin take their little exchange from Raw to Twitter:

CM Punk

Up & atom. Eggs & bacon. Ice & Coco.

CM Punk

“@steveaustinBSR: @CMPunk how bout a beer to wash all that down?” What?

CM Punk

“@steveaustinBSR: @CMPunk it is waaaaay too early for this....have a good one....Punk.” Have a stunning day....Steven.

I don't know of either man's personality all that much, but is that playful kidding or intended to be offensive on Steve's part?

I'd say it's two guys having fun.

But what's the fun of reading anything if you don't get to find something to be offended by?

looks like he is going to take a long hiatus from the company. He claims on twitter that he knew from the beginning of the year that he was leaving (this is a reference to Summer of Punk in ROH before he went to WWE).

He was one of my favorite parts of current WWE and with him gone the company should realize how valuable he was (is)

People online have figured out that Punk's tweets last night were pretty much exactly the same as his Livejournal from the ROH Summer of Punk Angle.

Lasr Night's Tweet:

"I knew I was gone at the beginning of the year. I just woke up one day and I knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time. I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I knew I'd be history by July. Come say goodbye on July 17th. I promise to go out with a bang. Trust me. XxX""

6 Years Ago:

"I knew I was gone at the beggining of the year.

I just woke up one day and knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time. I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I honestly knew i'd be history by June.

Come say goodbye on Saturday, I promise to go out with a bang.

Trust me.

XxX""

So yeah, Punk's a genius and he's screwing with our heads again. Good times.

He doesn't have to take it to any specific destination. The important part is simply that he's taking the belt and leaving, regardless of where he ends up. He could be mounting it above his fireplace, it doesn't matter.

Im sure Colt would like to play with it

I'll say up front, I'm 99% sure this won't happen. But, given the WWE's disdain for the internet, how great would it be to have them pull a giant work and "release" Punk after he wins and let him work a few indy shots with the belt? Meanwhile, Cena is on RAW cutting promos telling Punk to be a man and come back and defend the title.

I'll say up front, I'm 99% sure this won't happen. But, given the WWE's disdain for the internet, how great would it be to have them pull a giant work and "release" Punk after he wins and let him work a few indy shots with the belt? Meanwhile, Cena is on RAW cutting promos telling Punk to be a man and come back and defend the title.

Given the precedent for how these things turn out, I'd say the chances of this happening are less than zero. But this reminds me, does anyone think that Eric Bischoff's bitterness toward the Internet is related at least in part to his attempt at a worked shoot blowing up in his face so badly?

Back to the novocaine thing. A few of you seem to be unaware of some comments Punk made. Someone had asked him how long he could last in wrestling without taking painkillers. He replied that he wasn't a pussy. Someone else then asked him if that meant that wrestlers who took painkillers were pussies, and Punk replied in the affirmative.

I don't think they'd let him work the indies, or at least nowhere besides ROH. The WWE in the past few years has become increasingly distrustful of outside bookings, becoming much more strict on their guys' extracurricular activities. The days where they'd let a guy take indy matches or loan a wrestler out to another company are mostly long gone. The only reason that Danielson was allowed to do that final indy tour was because he'd made those bookings before getting signed back to the Fed, and Vince apparently thought that Bryan's insistence on fulfilling his commitments was a sign of guts and loyalty or someshit like that.

A few of you seem to be unaware of some comments Punk made. Someone had asked him how long he could last in wrestling without taking painkillers. He replied that he wasn't a pussy. Someone else then asked him if that meant that wrestlers who took painkillers were pussies, and Punk replied in the affirmative.

I've heard those comments. But there's pain, and then there's pain. Punk's clearly a healthy fellow with a strong constitution and a high pain tolerance, but he's hardly invulnerable and seemingly just hasn't run into many situations involving truly hideous suffering. Pain is a legitimate physical phenomena, not something that just "all in your head" like some macho blowhards claim. Apply enough of it to anyone, and it can actually induce unconsciousness. A wrestler may think that they're tough because they manage to get out of bed in the morning on bum knees and with a bad back, but that's not even close to the same level of agony that is undergone by, say, a serious burn victim. As his own use of Novocaine shows, there's some situations which require the use of painkillers merely to sustain the patient's current level of health.

I've heard those comments. But there's pain, and then there's pain.

Didn't he fracture his skull at one point? I think that would constitute pain. Does anyone think he took something during that time? I think in his shoot he said he just laid in bed at a friends house in the dark for a few weeks.

But there's pain, and thean there's pain.

Truest statement of all time. Trust me.

But there's something that's even way worse than that. You add that with constant unending pain with NO guarantee that time will ever give relief. The mental turmoil is beyond belief. I can write these words out but untill someone has truly experienced this one can never even come close to understanding. Even myself who went through it and survived can not appreciate how tough it was at this moment because time has removed me some.

There's physical pain and than there's physical pain. And than there's constant physical pain with no guanatee of relief ever again. The kind of pain where you "should mercy kill someone"

Given the precedent for how these things turn out, I'd say the chances of this happening are less than zero. But this reminds me, does anyone think that Eric Bischoff's bitterness toward the Internet is related at least in part to his attempt at a worked shoot blowing up in his face so badly?

Back to the novocaine thing. A few of you seem to be unaware of some comments Punk made. Someone had asked him how long he could last in wrestling without taking painkillers. He replied that he wasn't a pussy. Someone else then asked him if that meant that wrestlers who took painkillers were pussies, and Punk replied in the affirmative.

Novocaine isn't a painkiller, it's a topical anesthetic.

Novocaine isn't a painkiller, it's a topical anesthetic.

That's splitting hairs awfully thin. I know you're friends with Punk, and I'm not trying to have a go at him personally here. I've just always been deeply skeptical of Straight-Edge in general. It's not based on much real medical science, it's basically a philosophy with a nearly spiritual bent to it. "Drugs are bad for people in some situations, so I'll never take drugs and ergo I'll be better off than most people." That logic is rather suspect. There's good reasons why we have these manufactured chemicals in the first place, because in many circumstances they can prove to be invaluable.

Especially since it seems like nobody in the movement can make up their mind about exactly what a "drug" is. I'd argue that antibiotics are just as much of a foreign chemical as painkillers, but I doubt that anyone in the sXe movement would hesitate a moment before taking antibiotics if they had a nasty bacterial infection. It's an a la carte sort of belief system, where the individual practitioner takes whichever pieces he feels like and then just throws out the rest, making up whatever rules he feels comfortable with. We introduce a wide variety of "unnatural" substances into our body every day, every time we do anything even as simple as taking a sip of water. Drawing an arbitrary line between Good Chemicals and Bad Chemicals has always seemed a bit silly to me.