Pro Wrestling Only

Matt Hardy fired by TNA after DWI arrest

Bix

Bix: you need to tag your PWISpyware links. I damn near clicked on it, thinking you much be linking to something else after the "nameless" comment (revese psychology on me there :P ). Good thing I looked at the link. :)

John

Looks like an editor found the original post there and added the link. I didn't notice while doing the updates. Since the PWInsider item has been rendered irrelevant, I deleted the whole passage about their report just now.

Always remember: I'll never link them myself without a huge warning. Even then, I'd only link them if I was told I had to.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't read the thread in a couple days. Now that someone mentioned Britney, that's kind of what I was getting at. She got out of the public eye for a while & maybe cleaned herself up and made a comeback. That's what he needs to do. He needs to somehow realize that he needs to make a clean break from everything & get his crap straight first and decide what to do with his life. The wrestling thing is all he ever wanted & lived for & he sees it slipping away & doesn't know how to cope. It's got to be tiring living a life constantly in the public eye & trying to do things on a daily basis to keep your name out there. I think I read that he tweeted something about being tired of it all. Hopefully he will realize what's important & figure out a way to be productive & move forward & use that as motivation to clean up. My guess is he needs the motivation and being a human tabloid & feeding into that himself isn't helping any.

Tim, I really don't think you're getting the nuances of what is going on here.

This is not a phase.

Matt and Jeff Hardy not just a couple guys who do drugs occasionally and just don't happen to be addicts.

Both are severe, non-functioning, and unrepentant drug addicts. Both have lost multiple jobs to their addictions.

Jeff has gone to the ring high many times. His addiction is most likely responsible for Ken Anderson's concussion. His addiction is so bad that he needed to get high during the Victory Road PPV (after showing up straight), leading to the debacle with Sting. His addiction is so bad that he had no problem putting a video of himself online where he is completely wasted and bragging about how huge and awesome his drug taking is.

Matt appeared to go to the ring high for his TNA debut. He had no problem putting up that video of Jeff. He's obsessed with slut shaming his ex-girlfriend (who he split from 6 years ago) while claiming that they have friends again for a few years. He's driven while high and could've easily killed someone in the process. He went on a bender from Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon that included somehow dropping his cellphone into a hot tub, mistakenly making a booty call message a public tweet, screwing up his own home phone number in the message, not thinking his girlfriend knew his (and her?) home phone number, tearing how house apart, shooting a video of the mess while he claimed to have saved a bus full of school children by wrecking his car, posting the video on YouTube at 4:00 AM, and then falling down the stairs of his house while possibly tearing his house apart even more.

Both brothers were suspended by TNA of all companies for their drug problems. TNA! And all this here ignores all of the stuff that hasn't gone public for one reason or another.

They are drug addicts. Just getting out of the spotlight is not going to magically get them clean. They've been out of the spotlight for months and only gotten worse. They need rehab, and not just the 3-4 weeks they'll probably get from the courts. They need a good 3-6 months minimum. Otherwise, they're never going to get better. They have been beyond resistant to getting help. Jake Roberts, Scott Hall, et al have at least gone to rehab at some point, and just haven't been able to get clean. Jeff (realistically at least a decade of addiction) and Matt (at least 6 years) have never even considered it. It sucks, but it's the reality of the situation. Matt seems like he's on death's door and Jeff is considered to as bad or worse.

What Bix says. Can't say it anymore clearly or emphatically.

This may come across brutally, but they're at the point where their friends (and frankly their fans) need to just let go and wash their hands. It's a hard thing to do with someone you care about who is an addict. In the end, you can't help someone who doesn't want help. Neither of them do right now, and haven't for as long as any of us can remember. Whether they ever will, who knows.

John

Agree with Bix. It's gotten to the point that Matt and Jeff just don't care. There were more signs that Jake Roberts cared, even as he has never been able to kick his addictions. Even so, Roberts looks better when compared to Matt and Jeff Hardy, and it's not just because YouTube wasn't around when Roberts was at his worst.

And I would have to look it up, but I believe Britney Spears actually listened to family members and friends who cared for her and got help. Stepping out of the spotlight alone wasn't what got Spears to get her act together.

Per Jeff's wife and Helms, he's attention whoring and not actually committing suicide.

Lawyers, cops, etc: Has he committed (another) crime here since it was effectively a fake 911 call, just without an operator being kept busy?

But he sure showed those dirtsheets.

You need to know more to decide it was wasting police time.

^^ Isn't it enough that the police apparently paid Jeff and Beth a visit?

BETHBRITTBRANDBeth Britt

When the cops show up to our house at 11 pm, for a "suicide call" the fucking joke is over @MATTHARDYBRAND. Stop trying to work the Internet

Unless it's double-layered, reverse-psychology working and he's got Beth joining in on it too, I suppose ... I hate myself for even thinking along those lines, but that's how childish the whole troupe comes across.

Oh, and:

However, the night shift captain said police received 25 to 30 phone calls to 911 to check on his well being.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote it up at Bleacher Report combining some of the older details not mentioned today with what came up in the Fayetteville Observer story.

It totally blows my mind that the package in question was a coffee can filled with painkillers sent by a fan from Florida. I'm curious how FedEx determined it was a suspicious package, as well as why the fan hasn't been charged (in Florida or federally) or why we have heard nothing about it if he was.

I'm curious how FedEx determined it was a suspicious package, as well as why the fan hasn't been charged (in Florida or federally) or why we have heard nothing about it if he was.

Dogs can sniff through coffee.

As far as whether the other person was charged, it wouldn't be surprising that he was. They probably just handed jurisdiction back to someone in Florida. That person probably pled out fast.

John

I'm curious how FedEx determined it was a suspicious package, as well as why the fan hasn't been charged (in Florida or federally) or why we have heard nothing about it if he was.

Dogs can sniff through coffee.

Drug dogs wouldn't go over every single package, though.

Does FedEx use their own drug-sniffing dogs? How likely would it be for them to be trained to sniff prescription painkillers?

A quick Googling found me the USPS's "drug packaging profile," maybe FedEx uses something similar?:

The package is sent from or to a known "source state" for drugs

The package is sent from one individual to another individual

The mailing labels are hand written

The return address is ficticious or inaccurate

There are unusual odors coming from the package

The package is heavily taped to seal all openings

I dunno if FedEx uses a similar policy or what, but only the address, odor parts, and maybe "source state" parts really seem like strong criteria. I'm pretty sure I've sent plenty of packages that fit the other three that didn't contain drugs.

As far as whether the other person was charged, it wouldn't be surprising that he was. They probably just handed jurisdiction back to someone in Florida. That person probably pled out fast.

Well, the circumstances of the arrest weren't public until today so I guess no reporter would have known anything but I would think that someone working on the case would know what happened to the sender and it's a pretty important question to ask.

Drug dogs wouldn't go over every single package, though.

Does FedEx use their own drug-sniffing dogs? How likely would it be for them to be trained to sniff prescription painkillers?

A quick Googling found me the USPS's "drug packaging profile," maybe FedEx uses something similar?:

The package is sent from or to a known "source state" for drugs

The package is sent from one individual to another individual

The mailing labels are hand written

The return address is ficticious or inaccurate

There are unusual odors coming from the package

The package is heavily taped to seal all openings

I dunno if FedEx uses a similar policy or what, but only the address, odor parts, and maybe "source state" parts really seem like strong criteria. I'm pretty sure I've sent plenty of packages that fit the other three that didn't contain drugs.

We're in the Surveillance State era now. In three days we're going to honor it. Even tonight there's news breaking of a "credible but unconfirmed terror threat". I've given up on trying to figure out how Uncle Sam knows what they know because it will simply make your head hurt on how extreme it's gotten. That they found this because someone was dumb enough to send dope through FedEx like a dope dealer (or worse in looking like he was trying to conceal something that *wasn't* a drug: think worse)... why is anyone terribly surprised? I'm not so paranoid to think that FedEx / UPS / DHL / USPS open every package. But I'm also no longer naive into thinking they aren't insanely paranoid about things going through the mail, and billions of dollars are going down the rabbit hole to "protect us".

Well, the circumstances of the arrest weren't public until today so I guess no reporter would have known anything but I would think that someone working on the case would know what happened to the sender and it's a pretty important question to ask.

If all the reporter cared about was Hardy, that's all he'd ask. I think we both know that reporters far too often to go beyond their mission or what's infront of them. :)

On the two sides of this coin:

* high profile customer / alleged "dealer" sharer

* dealer

Law enforcement typically tries to roll "customers" to get dealers.

Jeff in the end was a customer, but had enough that they could charge him with more to put pressure on him to plea out to stiffer custmer charges. Yeah... that's a Meltzer sentence there, but hope it made sense. :) Since he was high profile, they didn't want to completely slap him on the wrist. $100K and a 30 month tail isn't terribly light, even if the time in the slammer is.

Someone likely chased the supplier as well. And then chased up from him. Just the way they do things.

John

Did you miss this part about the guy who sent the drugs?

"Cruz, now 31 and living in Kissimmee, Fla., was arrested in Moore County in November 2010 on charges of conspiracy to traffic in opium and two counts of trafficking in opium. He is free on $50,000 bond. His next court date is in November."

Did he try to come to visit?

Also the way the article is worded I'm not entirely clear if the coffee can itself was addressed or if it was in a box. I would find someone using a coffee can as a shipping container to be quite suspicious as well. Sounds like this guy wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.