Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zumhofe...........wow............all those jokes we made on the AWA podcasts about him as a pedo have come to life.

Not a surprise. from what I understand, he had some legal troubles with underage girls in the past.

In Gary Hart's book, he said Zumhoffe was fired from Dallas when he was found in a farmhouse with a 15 year old (I think) girl and blasted Ken Mantell for not checking up on him before hiring him. So...yeah.

So there are rumors flying around that this Sunday's IPPV will be the last Chikara show.

I was just curious if anyone around here had heard these rumors, and if so, knew anything behind the possible reasons for this happening.

My best guess is a rebranding.

I heard a rumor some months back that I shared with a few people from this board privately. I'm still a little iffy about talking about it publicly, but the gist of it was that all these "Wrestling is...." and various National Pro Wrestling Day quasi-feds were Quack fronts that he had set up because it's unwise to cheat on your rich wife, who might eventually come after you and try and take the name/company she financed.

No clue of the truth of that but it's something I heard a while back

So there are rumors flying around that this Sunday's IPPV will be the last Chikara show.

I was just curious if anyone around here had heard these rumors, and if so, knew anything behind the possible reasons for this happening.

Blehschmidt fix yourself a coffee or two and read the http://olewrestling.com/ blog since May 23rd.

You really can drill as deep as you want to go with theories and speculation. It is a genuinely amazing thing they have created.

My best guess is a rebranding.

I heard a rumor some months back that I shared with a few people from this board privately. I'm still a little iffy about talking about it publicly, but the gist of it was that all these "Wrestling is...." and various National Pro Wrestling Day quasi-feds were Quack fronts that he had set up because it's unwise to cheat on your rich wife, who might eventually come after you and try and take the name/company she financed.

No clue of the truth of that but it's something I heard a while back

YAY someone finally posts this online so I don't have to tiptoe around it. I normally respect CHIKARA's kayfabe but I heard the same thing as Dylan but more of a story of Quack has decreased financial backing to that change in his personal circumstances - for example there's no fly ins or big names on the iPPV.

*Update on this post* Mike Johnson did say there is an issue with the ownership of the CHIKARA name but between whom he did not say.

What I don't get is how the Chikara name specifically would be an issue. Chikara started before they were even together.

I'm inclined to believe all this, though, because Quack's tenedency to cheat on significant others is well known and the increasingly large circle of Chikara satellite groups that all use the same wrestlers was one of the more weird/inexplicable things going on on wrestling lately.

Guest Nell Santucci

Believe the underage girl is his daughter, but many publications won't name a sexual assault victim.

I have a feeling that that was misinformation. The article states he met the victim in 1998. I wouldn't surprised if they met at a church as I rarely have encounters with teens and, at his age, church is a proper function to meet underaged people. Predators know this. What I'm confused about is the role of age of consent. Most states hhave the cutoff at 16 and even lower elsewhere.

Guest Nell Santucci

Robley was a great booker and his role in wrestling has been very unappreciated.

Zumhofe...........wow............all those jokes we made on the AWA podcasts about him as a pedo have come to life.

Who were accusing him of that and why?

Concerning creepy feelings people have about the guy, I must say that one's sexuality or preferences are hard to hide imo. They come out in weird ways, especially with pathological types like Zumhofe. It's unlikely that their thoughts rarely escape them. Further, the psychology of "To Catch a Predator" types is weird as they seem to lack the self-reflection to understand why some teenie bopper would want a middle aged guy in an age where people marry later and it being not unusual to not have children.

church is a proper function to meet underaged people. Predators know this.

Ugh, my stomach turned a couple more times reading this. That makes perfect sense, just have never thought of that before.

He's been convicted of similar acts before, far from mere accusation.

Guest Nell Santucci

church is a proper function to meet underaged people. Predators know this.

Ugh, my stomach turned a couple more times reading this. That makes perfect sense, just have never thought of that before.

He's been convicted of similar acts before, far from mere accusation.

Yeah, I get that. Just didn't know if it was Curt Hennig and Krushchev gossiping road stories.

FYI for Buck Robley fans I found his 57talk interviews here

http://www.midsouthwrestling.com/BuckRobley.html

Even if you're not a fan or don't really know the guy they're worth a listen. I'd never really heard of him before these interviews then I went back and watched a bunch of his stuff and became a huge fan. He's kind of a bullshit artist as far as putting over how in demand and how important he was, but you can also tell he had a really great mind for angles.

RE:

http://www.morrissuntribune.com/content/cy...-sexual-conduct

I'd never heard any of the rumors about Zumhoffe before

The original story that F4W/WO printed was that it was his daughter that brought the charges, but this article makes it sound like it was a stepdaughter or a niece or something like that, saying they first met in 1998 and the abuse started in 1999 when she was 15

Can anyone clarify this?

Interested to see Dave's article in this week's Observer

After speaking to the prosecuting attorney Meltzer outlines the Zumhofe situation in long, uncomfortable detail in the latest Observer. Haven't felt as uneasy reading something in the Observer since the Benoit murder suicide. I don't think I need to recap stories of sexual abuse nor I want to. But what the attorney was most troubled by is that so many people inside the Wrestling community knew and didn't come forward to report it.