Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really get a vibe from the show that Cabana is jealous. I'm totally projecting, but Miz is funny, self deprecating, and thankful for how his life has gone. So Cabana's show intro where he kinda shits on the interview a bit comes off odd. And I knew Miz trained and worked in the indys, but I didn't know he was trained by the Ballard Brothers.

With all the focus on New Japan in the puro scene, I had totally lost track of All Japan and NOAH. I was looking up the Triple Crown title history and I saw Suwama was champion again. Yawn. So then I went to see who the GHC Champion is and it was FUCKIN KENTA!?!?!?!?!??! Has this helped increase business at all? I always thought the All Japan and NOAH merger was inevitable since Misawa's death, but each year it never happens.

NOAH has pretty much been screwed since before the Misawa accident, and that, combined with Kobashi's retirement, and Akiyama jumping back to All Japan have only made things worse. I think that working with Mutoh and his crew could be a shot in the arm, but it looks like Mutoh and his boys are re-starting Wrestle-1, so that seems to be out.

Same thoughts. Colt has had bigger self publicists and egos on the past. Not the worst but to me Mark Rollerball Rocco's "The Brits invented everything" act was far more grating.

He's ("Great") British... it's bred from birth.

Rocco's interview was nearly unlistenable. First AOW I couldn't listen to all the way through by choice.

Also was confused by his comments downplaying the Miz interview in the intro.

Cabana spends the whole intro going on about how Miz kept going back and forth between being Mike and The Miz. It only happened during the beginning and when Colt points it out, Miz says " You want Mike? Ok, they normally want Miz", and then he's just Mike Mizanen, life long fan who achieved his dream. I'd guess its Cabana being torn by jealousy and his benefactor Punk always shitting on Miz, which is bullshit.

Rob must be wondering why the hell he came back. Hope he is on a decent paycheck. You'd think they'd have some reasonable plan for his return that went beyond the Summerslam pre-show and pairing him with about the most unsuitable guy ever, and a borderline comedy character to boot.

On another note, CM Punk cut an absolutely incredible promo on Raw, I'm always still amazed how over he is. The Daniel Bryan/Stephanie segment was fantastic as well, she is actually better than her husband on the mic.

I agree that the new Ryback character has been really entertaining. I think he has the potential to be a really strong heel for them if they keep this gimmick up, he would make an especially good foil for Bryan right now.

I watched the Real Sports segment with DDP, Jake and Scott the other night. Jake looks better than he has in quite awhile, even possibly since his last run (I'm guessing he's even lighter than he was then). Ditto Scott, and was interesting seeing him with his son.

I just bet WWE won't do anything to promote this given it's checkered history with the show and the fact that the final segment of the night was about Donald Trump's attempt to turn part of Scotland into a corporate monstrosity.

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/toronto-mayo...stle-hulk-hogan

TORONTO - Toronto's mayor often takes on the media, but on Friday morning he'll face an even more intimidating opponent — his "hero," Hulk Hogan.

Rob Ford says he "can't wait" to arm-wrestle Hulk Hogan in a friendly event.

The legendary shirt-ripping wrestler will be in town for Fan Expo, where he is set to hold an "uncensored" question-and-answer session on Friday evening.

But first, the 14-time world wrestling champion will arm-wrestle Toronto's mayor, Ford's spokesman announced on Twitter.

"The Hulkster...he's a good guy," Ford said Thursday. "(Hogan) has been my hero for a long time."

"When I was a little guy — the wrestling and stuff — it was good," Ford said.

Ford was asked about the event while at the Ontario legislature for the swearing-in ceremony of Doug Holyday, the former deputy mayor of Toronto who was recently elected as a provincial Progressive Conservative. Specifically, Ford was asked if he had seen a scene in the movie "Rocky III," in which Hogan fights Rocky.

"(If) he starts swinging, I'm going, man. I'm right out the door," Ford said, laughing. "I'm not going to sit there and take him on."

Fan Expo Canada runs Aug. 22 to Aug. 25 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.

I think a lot of Tories in the GTA would say "if not Ford then who?" My answer would probably be anyone else.

Still, the question remains, what is he gonna do?

TORONTO - Toronto's mayor often takes on the media, but on Friday morning he'll face an even more intimidating opponent — his "hero," Hulk Hogan.

The legendary shirt-ripping wrestler will be in town for Fan Expo, where he is set to hold an "uncensored" question-and-answer session on Friday evening.

But first, the 14-time world wrestling champion will arm-wrestle Toronto's mayor, Ford's spokesman announced on Twitter.

"The Hulkster...he's a good guy," Ford said Thursday. "(Hogan) has been my hero for a long time."

Ford was asked about the event while at the Ontario legislature for the swearing-in ceremony of Doug Holyday, the former deputy mayor of Toronto who was recently elected as a provincial Progressive Conservative. Specifically, Ford was asked if he had seen a scene in the movie "Rocky III," in which Hogan fights Rocky.

"(If) he starts swinging, I'm going, man. I'm right out the door," Ford said, laughing. "I'm not going to sit there and take him on."

I think a lot of Tories in the GTA would say "if not Ford then who?" My answer would probably be anyone else.

This brings me back to the coke filled promos of Hogan and Warrior for WrestleMania VI.

This brings me back to the coke filled promos of Hogan and Warrior for WrestleMania VI.

Ford can provide crack fueled promos this time around.