Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New Japan announced 35k paid for the Dome show which is finishing up now, which I would consider a very good-to-great result for them. They are also running a 30k seat stadium on the last day of the G1 this year which I consider a smart move for a couple of reasons.

The Seibu Dome is kind of an odd location. It's going to be impossible for people from Yokohoma or Chiba to make it and it won't be a very fun trip either for anyone in Tokyo. For people in Yokohoma, it's a 90 minute trip, Chiba is 2 hours and from north eastern Tokyo it's still around 36 minutes. I really hope they have the fans in the sticks that they think they do.

I'm five matches in on Wrestle Kingdom and plan on posting my thoughts, but I'm worried about how negative they are so far. Please don't think I just wanted to hate watch this, people. I actually entered with an open mind. I still have high hopes for the rest of the show and I'm really hoping for a turnaround in quality.

I'm five matches in on Wrestle Kingdom and plan on posting my thoughts, but I'm worried about how negative they are so far. Please don't think I just wanted to hate watch this, people. I actually entered with an open mind. I still have high hopes for the rest of the show and I'm really hoping for a turnaround in quality.

I'm about there and nothing has stood out yet as being particularly good.

I dislike the general thought that an opinion can be too negative or too positive. If you believe in your opinions then write them down - even if they turn out to be rubbish you still shouldn't be ashamed of them. There are a lot of different aspects that can make or break a card for each individual, so often it is likely that a certain aspect of a show just wasn't your cup of tea and doesn't mean that it was necessarily a good or bad thing.

Don't worry; Dylan lives here.

I dislike the general thought that an opinion can be too negative or too positive. If you believe in your opinions then write them down - even if they turn out to be rubbish you still shouldn't be ashamed of them. There are a lot of different aspects that can make or break a card for each individual, so often it is likely that a certain aspect of a show just wasn't your cup of tea and doesn't mean that it was necessarily a good or bad thing.

The problem is that if there is an established opinion that is one way or the other, oftentimes if you disagree you're seen as just aiming to be different so you stand out. I'm still going to post what I think of the show, but I am really hoping to avoid that.

The problem is that if there is an established opinion that is one way or the other, oftentimes if you disagree you're seen as just aiming to be different so you stand out. I'm still going to post what I think of the show, but I am really hoping to avoid that.

You must be new to PWO, Loss. You can say what you want here so long as you're willing to listen to others and back it up.

;)

I was just curious when the WON HOF case for Stephanie McMahon starts. She led the creative team that got John Cena over as a top star and did seven consecutive dome shows for Wrestlemania, most of them breaking existing buyrate records. She also has the Austin/Rock and Rock/Hogan shows to her credit. Critically acclaimed feuds like Eddy vs Rey and Michaels vs Jericho have happened under her watch. :) :) :)

I was just curious when the WON HOF case for Stephanie McMahon starts. She led the creative team that got John Cena over as a top star and did seven consecutive dome shows for Wrestlemania, most of them breaking existing buyrate records. She also has the Austin/Rock and Rock/Hogan shows to her credit. Critically acclaimed feuds like Eddy vs Rey and Michaels vs Jericho have happened under her watch. :) :) :)

I know it's a joke post but if the Network is a success, TV ratings fees double or triple and in her new role she can somehow clean up the reputation that wrestling has got with major corporate sponsors, she could be credited as having reinvented the business and making it much larger than anyone else could ever do.