Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

TMZ.com reported tonight that Kia Stevens (Kharma/Awesome Kong) has admitted she made up the story of giving birth to a baby boy on New Year's Eve.

Stevens said she was pregnant, but lost the baby, and lied to friends because she was afraid of telling the truth because so many people knew she was pregnant from television. News of this had started to get out in the past week, although it had not been reported elsewhere, which likely explains her coming forward.

She said she would like to start a foundation for women who have had similar problems.

Aw man, that's gotta be terrible to be going through.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to wonder who knew what when in terms of management and wrestlers at the Rumble. In hindsight they should have a gave her a gimmicked departure or just yank her off TV like Brodus but they were on a Reality buzz at the time.

Horrible news for Kia. :(

You have to wonder who knew what when in terms of management and wrestlers at the Rumble. In hindsight they should have a gave her a gimmicked departure or just yank her off TV like Brodus but they were on a Reality buzz at the time.

That's what I'm wondering too now, especially since last night I rewatched the Rumble, fell asleep, but woke up when Kharma had her showdown with Cole.

Every single time I think that wrestling is done making me feel terrible, there comes a story like this one with Kharma. What a terrible, sad thing to have happen.

Yeah Wrestling seems to get less and less fun as time goes on and the more you learn about. Candice Michelle and Jillian Hall suffered miscarriages within the last year or so which is disconcerting. Luna Vachon in her shoot interview spoke about the damage bumping does to your uterus as well. Can you imagine your significant other or the woman nearest to you ever doing some of the stuff wrestlers do? Not looking to scapegoat wrestling here and miscarriage is very, very under reported as it is such a profoundly private pain but it is something to think about regardless.

Wasn't there a report of a suicide attempt at some point as well, after she left TNA? Between that and this and occasional other stuff (beating up Bubba the Love Sponge backstage) it's looking like she's got some rather serious psychological issues which need a lot of treatment.

We have a baby on the way and I'm just.. I'm barely even letting myself think about this.

We don't have kids, but we've known many families that have had to deal with what Kia's dealing with. It's heartbreaking.

Best wishes to you and yours, man. Hope mom and baby continue to do well.

Every single time I think that wrestling is done making me feel terrible, there comes a story like this one with Kharma. What a terrible, sad thing to have happen.

Yeah Wrestling seems to get less and less fun as time goes on and the more you learn about. Candice Michelle and Jillian Hall suffered miscarriages within the last year or so which is disconcerting. Luna Vachon in her shoot interview spoke about the damage bumping does to your uterus as well. Can you imagine your significant other or the woman nearest to you ever doing some of the stuff wrestlers do? Not looking to scapegoat wrestling here and miscarriage is very, very under reported as it is such a profoundly private pain but it is something to think about regardless.

Yeah don't think you blame wrestling on this one. There's been hundreds of women's wrestlers who've gone on to have kids. Either way, sucks for Kharma & her family. She's done a lot of work in the past helping ppl in diffrent programs so not surprised she'd want to open up a foundation for this kind of thing.

I remember hearing a story the same thing happened to Tajiri's wife a while back and that being one of the reasons he decided to move back to Japan.

Wasn't there a report of a suicide attempt at some point as well, after she left TNA? Between that and this and occasional other stuff (beating up Bubba the Love Sponge backstage) it's looking like she's got some rather serious psychological issues which need a lot of treatment.

I don't think wanting to beat him up qualifies as a psychological issue. Who doesn't want to punch that guy?

I don't think wanting to beat him up qualifies as a psychological issue. Who doesn't want to punch that guy?

As much as he's a terrible person, cheap-shotting him while screaming "THIS IS FOR HAITI!" is pretty out there.

Didn't she also make a video where she was screaming about slavery at a statue of Abraham Lincoln in an airport (or something like that)?

I feel for her but she really does seem like she needs a lot of mental health care. Going back to wrestling any time soon could also make things worse.

As much as he's a terrible person, cheap-shotting him while screaming "THIS IS FOR HAITI!" is pretty out there.

Nah, I'm with Log on this one. Her background is Haitian, right? Combine that and her efforts in providing relief...if you were in that situation and someone you work with said what Bubba did, you'd want to clean his clock too.

Beating up Bubba the Love Sponge was well-deserved and doesn't demonstrate mental instability.

Beating up Bubba the Love Sponge was well-deserved and doesn't demonstrate mental instability.

Not being able to control your temper and lashing out violently in a work environment kinda does.

Not being able to control your temper and lashing out violently in a work environment kinda does.

What he said.

Look at it this way. When's the last time that a big tough wrestler beat up a helpless non-wrestler, in the backstage area of a big corporate promotion? I'm trying to think of any other recent examples, and failing. Take out the "Bubba is a dickfaced douchebag who deserves to be nailed to a cross" factor, and we're left with a big scary behemoth who sucked-punched and assaulted a short fat old guy who clearly wasn't remotely capable of defending himself. That sort of thing just isn't done in modern bigtime television wrestling.

Punching an offensive and useless racist gargoyle should be commended if anything...

Law of the street YES but it isn't worth losing your job over in an industry were her options were very low - WWE at the time was a maybe and Japan is/was dead. Everyone knows Bubba is a cretin anyway so what was there to be gained?

My heart goes out to Kia and it was obviously a heat of the moment thing but it was a poor risk/reward decision on her part. Rather sadly she saw it that way later too...

Punching an offensive and useless racist gargoyle should be commended if anything...

No kidding. I'm honestly shocked that anyone thinks otherwise. A woman beat up a guy that talked too much shit. You'd figure the "white knight" crowd would be all over that.