Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And as far as miscarriage goes, a friend of my girlfriend went through this shit a few months ago, and yeah, it's pretty terrible. Thankfully Russo isn't around anymore. I thought Terri Runnels having a "miscarriage" was one of the most offensive and disgusting stuff on WWF TV during the Attitude days. Hopefully they don't do any distasteful stuff with Kharma... (not that they ever would : cf Kanyon, Eddie in Hell etc...)

And as far as miscarriage goes, a friend of my girlfriend went through this shit a few months ago, and yeah, it's pretty terrible. Thankfully Russo isn't around anymore. I thought Terri Runnels having a "miscarriage" was one of the most offensive and disgusting stuff on WWF TV during the Attitude days. Hopefully they don't do any distasteful stuff with Kharma... (not that they ever would : cf Kanyon, Eddie in Hell etc...)

Even more terrible with a late stage miscarriage Kia's body and hormones probably acted as if she had given birth successful anyway. Which adds to the devastation and probably gives some level of explaination why she lied about it - denial.

Punching an offensive and useless racist gargoyle should be commended if anything...

No kidding. I'm honestly shocked that anyone thinks otherwise. A woman beat up a guy that talked too much shit. You'd figure the "white knight" crowd would be all over that.

To quote Bix... what he said.

Pregnancy story lines in wrestling are the worst. They always result in a miscarriage or something and nobody wants that on a wrestling show. Nobody really wants that on soap operas, it is too unpleasant a reminder of reality.

Agreed. Has a pregnancy storyline ever actually resulted in a baby?

I'll admit shilling this not for completely altruistic reasons as I want to see the final product. Make your own mind up about it but please try and support Nigel's project here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/307482...t-of-mcguinness

If you still are on the fence check out the latest Art of Wrestling podcast:

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2012/03/07/...gel-mcguinness/

Pregnancy story lines in wrestling are the worst. They always result in a miscarriage or something and nobody wants that on a wrestling show. Nobody really wants that on soap operas, it is too unpleasant a reminder of reality.

Post FMW WEW did one involving Shinjuku Shark but then it got revealed the chick he was with got help from Kodo Fuyuki to kidnap a baby to fool him into thinking it was his.

In AAA Fabi Apache & Billy Boy turned their real life marriage into an angle and used their baby as part of it.

The Stacey Keibler one sort of produced a baby.

Stephanie McMahon's was a quasi-storyline, right?

Post FMW WEW did one involving Shinjuku Shark but then it got revealed the chick he was with got help from Kodo Fuyuki to kidnap a baby to fool him into thinking it was his.

Oh, WEW. One day I'll get back to those tapes. Well, maybe not.

Yep, I can't think of any pregnancy angle that ended up with something positive. The most ridiculous one was Beulah's in ECW. Yeah, I'm a Raven fan, but that one was retarded. The "It's not yours, it's Tommy's" line was great, but the way the angle turned out was jaw dropping stupid. Beulah wasn't pregnant, but she was cheating on both Raven and Tommy with... Kimona ? That said, "I'm hardcore, I'll take both" was kinda hilarious in its grand stupidity. I guess one of the stupid angles that influenced Russo (along with the Pillman bookerman promo which was also very stupid and counterproductive).

Wow, listening to Konnan on WOL with Bryan basically just imply Hijo del Santo's shows are bankrolled by drug lords. He mentioned earlier that Tijuana is one of the areas the previous President of Mexico left to the drug cartels in order to keep war from breaking out (which did happen when the next President decided to not keep the same deal in place), then later on when talking about Santo mentioned how he gets people to finance the shows he runs, especially in Tijuana, and threw in a "read between the lines" in an obvious wink-wink reference Dave himself would be proud of.

Wow, listening to Konnan on WOL with Bryan basically just imply Hijo del Santo's shows are bankrolled by drug lords. He mentioned earlier that Tijuana is one of the areas the previous President of Mexico left to the drug cartels in order to keep war from breaking out (which did happen when the next President decided to not keep the same deal in place), then later on when talking about Santo mentioned how he gets people to finance the shows he runs, especially in Tijuana, and threw in a "read between the lines" in an obvious wink-wink reference Dave himself would be proud of.

Is that really any different than the Yakuza being involved with Japanese wrestling for years. I'm sure there have been mob ties with wrestling in the U.S. before as well.

The comments I've heard was how the cartels shake down companies for a substantial cut of the house for protection, not that they bankroll the shows themselves.

As far as Konnan's comments, I just thought it was odd for him to kind of make that accusation when Santo and AAA are tangled in lawsuits over the DVDs made of his appearance on their big show a few years back. I know Mexico's legal system does a lot of things differently than most places, but I figured not slandering someone you're in litigation with was a universal truth.

The twist was that the Dr. Wagner gimmick originally was that he was not just an evil doctor, but an evil Nazi doctor (hence the German pronunciation of Wagner). I think that part was more or less phased out long before Jr. came along.

What's funny is his son is wrestling now and I think he's going by Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. You'd think just going by III would be easier, but I guess that would make people think he's just the third guy doing the gimmick instead of third generation.

Is that really any different than the Yakuza being involved with Japanese wrestling for years. I'm sure there have been mob ties with wrestling in the U.S. before as well.

Yeah, stuff like that isn't that unusal. Listning to the interview now and the far bigger story to me is that Santo tried to legit trademark the fucking camel clutch so that he could take legal action against other wrestlers using it. WTF???????????

Listning to the interview now and the far bigger story to me is that Santo tried to legit trademark the fucking camel clutch so that he could take legal action against other wrestlers using it. WTF???????????

That's amazing. Hopefully it won't give WWE any bad ideas...

Listning to the interview now and the far bigger story to me is that Santo tried to legit trademark the fucking camel clutch so that he could take legal action against other wrestlers using it. WTF???????????

On one hand, I'm fairly certain that move was invented before Santo was born, so it's a ludicrous claim. On the other, we live in a world where Paris Hilton somehow managed to legally trademark such an incredibly common phrase as "That's hot", so who the fuck knows.

On one hand, I'm fairly certain that move was invented before Santo was born, so it's a ludicrous claim. On the other, we live in a world where Paris Hilton somehow managed to legally trademark such an incredibly common phrase as "That's hot", so who the fuck knows.

Gory Guerrero invented it while teaming with Santo Sr.