Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Larry moment that always sticks to me is the period where they decided to make him a mark for the Midnight Rockers, capping off with a match where Larry wagered his beard if they lost (they didn't).

Also for one match where it was the Rockers vs jobbers and they kept jumping up and down on the springy ring at the Showboat causing poor Larry to try to announce them while being bounced all over the ring.

Larry Nelson passed away. I'll always love him for being a part of one of the funniest moments in wrestling history, the debut of the Master Blaster. Me and Wolfman were watching it on ESPN when it aired and we were laughing so hard we couldn't breathe.

Trying to decide whether it's worth it to pull out the AWA extras disc and put that on youtube.

Did it:

Larry Nelson passed away. I'll always love him for being a part of one of the funniest moments in wrestling history, the debut of the Master Blaster. Me and Wolfman were watching it on ESPN when it aired and we were laughing so hard we couldn't breathe.

Trying to decide whether it's worth it to pull out the AWA extras disc and put that on youtube.

Did it:

You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir.

So, former WCW jobber Cougar Jay is now giving ghost tours. He has a website that includes a mini-biography of his wrestling career and includes this gem....

I trained under Gene Anderson, Ed Wahoo McDaniel, and Robert Swede Hanson until late 1986. I was released to the Minor Leagues of the APW and ECW until 1987 when I was called up to the show.

Ahh the good old days of 1987 ECW......

Here is a link to the site if anyone apart from me (guessing I was the only guy googling Cougar Jay tonight) cares!!

http://www.dionmooreghosttours.com/

So, former WCW jobber Cougar Jay is now giving ghost tours. He has a website that includes a mini-biography of his wrestling career and includes this gem....

I trained under Gene Anderson, Ed Wahoo McDaniel, and Robert Swede Hanson until late 1986. I was released to the Minor Leagues of the APW and ECW until 1987 when I was called up to the show.

Ahh the good old days of 1987 ECW......

Here is a link to the site if anyone apart from me (guessing I was the only guy googling Cougar Jay tonight) cares!!

http://www.dionmooreghosttours.com/

That is awesome. Looks like he was one of the millions caught up in the housing crisis a few years back as well.

I think people on this board will appreciate this, so I am going to go ahead and share it. I ring announced a show tonight with Bobby Fulton of The Fantastics on it. Bobby is a heck of a nice guy, and was wrestling as himself in the main event. So we are backstage getting things set up for the show, and Bobby decides he wants to wrestle twice. Then out of nowhere he pulls a mask, turban, and Syrian flag out of his gear bag and decides to work the second match of the night as a masked heel known as "The Sheik of Syria." Then he pulls out a second mask and turban, and dresses his kid (who was probably eleven or twelve) in that costume and wants him to be billed as "His adviser, The Prince of Syria"

So he comes to the ring in this get up, and the crowd starts chanting USA, at which he point he forces me to get on the microphone and tell the crowd that if they don't stop chanting USA, he will raise the price of Gas to 7 bucks a gallon for regular. He then laid out a prayer mat and began praising Allah, before wrestling a ten minute match that was mostly him choking, or playing hide the foreign object with the referee, before finishing it with a Camel Clutch, as his son stood outside the ring in a mask and waved the Syrian flag.

Unreal!

and for anyone wondering, here is Bobby these days....

10500588_10202272883292418_4072764220791

Well, yeah. But careful what you wish for. The rules of the ROH Pure Championship kind of played off those more traditional rules, but you can only see those every once in awhile before it gets to be too distracting and detrimental to the "action" we're used to getting. The novelty wears thin fairly fast with that stuff, at least in my opinion.

Penalties are neat, time expirations are always welcome, and a limited number of rope breaks SORT OF makes sense. But these things are usually used sparingly and only plugged in whenever they're convenient, so why bother? Occasional adherence to a "strict" rule just makes it flimsy bullshit. And wrestling's got enough bullshit to sell us on without introducing wheelbarrows more for next to no benefit or anyone's enjoyment.

Yeah, I watched a NOAH match from 2001 earlier tonight. Well, several, but the Vader tag stood out. The head ref was still fairly new and you could tell. He kept having to stop EVERY instance of somebody coming in when not tagged and try to keep the cornered guy from being attacked...every time. Very, loudly to the point where it was distracting. So Vader tosses him all the way across the ring, I think to make a point as well as just have a great spot within the match.

I know it's probably not cool to say this, but...he really needs to get back on the gas.

Apparently he just hates to workout. That was seemingly the main issue involved with him not being called up to the main roster during his time in NXT.

WWE signed him and Cesaro/Castagnoli around the same time. I seem to recall WWE holding off Hero because they found some anomalies in his blood after the initial drug test. Contrast is pretty easy, Cesaro looks like a professional wrestler, and trains so hard that apparently the only person who can keep up with him in the gym is John Cena. When you factor those variables alongside a group of bosses who are all bodybuilding aficionados, it's clear who was always going to make it.