Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin Nash on Twitter last night said that he just found out that one of his dearest friends was fired by WWE. He didn't specify if it was a wrestler or an office person.

But he was mad enough about it that he went on a tirade saying that he doesn't want to be in the WWE Hall of Fame, that it means nothing ot him, that he doesn't need it to validate his life and he considers the fact he lives on the Ocean means he's already in a real Hall of Fame. He said he's watched it up close and doesn't need the stress and told his wife that if he passes away, to pass on any invitation.

What's all this about?

Posted Image

Giant pet peve of mine, so many show posters and DVD covers today rarely have anything to do with the show itself. Like if you didn't allready know who those two were or saw & recognized the tiny WWE logo up top you would literally have a 0% chance of knowing that was supposed to be a poster promoting a pro wrestling event and even if you do, this poster tells you nothing about the event so how can it get you excited or interested in the product?

They've apparently turned No Way Out into a theme PPV centered around matches where you try to prevent your opponent from escaping (steel cage, strap, lumberjack, etc.). So D-Bry being tied to the tracks kind of fits in with that.

In other news, speaking of things that have negative side effects:

Meth is a hell of a drug.

I don't understand why Vince keeps bothering with WWE Films. I mean, if his goal is to lose money, he can cut me a check and it would be a lot less hassle. If the goal isn't to lose money then I'm just confused.

Everyone remembers the XFL and WBF and other Vince flops, but WWE Films at this point has to be the biggest money-loser and it's FAR more long-lived, yet it seems to just get shrugged off.

I think WWE Films would have to lose way more millions to have lost as much as XFL and WWENY. But I'm with you 100% in that I have no idea why they're still trying. They stopped making money eons ago once the novelty wore off.

At least the perspective of CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan is pretty cool to say the least.

Yes but as a fan, I can't help but feel like it would be so much more special if it was not given away on free TV multiple times already.

At least the perspective of CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan is pretty cool to say the least.

Yes but as a fan, I can't help but feel like it would be so much more special if it was not given away on free TV multiple times already.

I haven't seen any of these. The priviledge of not following WWE TV in more than a decade.;)

On one level...

Rock turns 40 on Wed. Looks like he's having a little mid-live crisis.

On another level...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_%26_Gain

That would be Marky Mark with Rock, and the film is in production. It's likely that he's getting in that shape specifically for the role. We are all probably "suspect" of his Methods in preparing for the role, but it goes a long way towards explaining the "why".

John

And we thought The Rock looked jacked a few weeks ago...

Posted Image

That's alarming.

Who told Rock it was a good idea to look like his WWE All Stars character?

The scary thing is that it's very accurate on top of being a great joke.