Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for it being brought up here & mentioned in the Observer daily update I actually didn't even know today was the anniversary of the Benoit incident.

Oh lord... then it was an especially sick "tribute". Ugh.

John

All of the Benoit tribute spots topped off by a Benoit chant and Davey Richards garrotting Kevin Steen was...something.

So the person doing the WON recap chose to ignore it:

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-sto...e-from-new-york

Yow... talk about being clueless.

John

Wasn't that actually Dave that did the recap. He normally does recaps that fit that format.

Yeah it was Dave.

I'm the wrong person to gauge this sort of thing since I don't read too many boards or news sites any more but has this whole "Benoit tribute" thing been brought up anywhere else?

Last night, someone who hadn't seen any of my Tweets or anything like that emailed me to ask about the show and all he knew was that a bunch of guys did Benoit spots, so it definitely picked up steam elsewhere.

No it was Dave

1) Dave has his e-mail right thear at the top of the report

2) they just put up a radio show talking about the ppv earlier today

3) Dave's watched plenty of IPPv's in the past tho he has said he doesn't enjoy having to sit in front of his computer that long to watch wrestling and would prefer to watch on tv if he had a choice

Sid didn't get nearly the same reaction on RAW that Vader did, and despite being 6 years younger, looked older.

I wouldn't say this has anything to do with comparing the star power of Sid and Vader and everything to do with where the show was last night. The crowd going crazy for Vader was kind of an anomaly, especially considering the last time he showed up as a Coachman stooge he got pretty much no reaction.

EDIT:I just watched it on youtube, he still got a pretty good reaction for a guy who hasn't been on TV in over a decade.

Does Dave know that he can wire his computer to his TV is he has the right TV and right computer? And that if he doesn't know how to do it, those Best Buy guys could come over and do it for him?

John

Yup, him & Bryan both complain about not liking to watch stuff on their computers regularly so they've been told how to do this countless times.

Bryan's excuse is that unless he can use his roku box he doesn't care, he wants to be able to use his laptop at the same time he's watching a show and doesn't want to have to bother with wires. Aparently, for someone who makes as much money as hey does, getting a 2nd computer is out of the question.

I forget what Dave's excuse is but yeah, he doesn't want to do the tv/pc hookup either.

I've never understood why the WWE doesn't use old veterans like this more often. Obviously they wouldn't be stuck into the main events, but what's wrong with doing more like the Hacksaw Duggan/Super Crazy team from a few years back? Yeah, I know they're youth-obsessed and everything, but apparently not so youth-obsessed that they can't have fiftysomething Vader and Sid on Raw, or fortysomething Triple H in big matches on a regular basis.

(For that matter, why does Ring of Honor never book more veterans? I think the only one they've got working there now is Corino. Those are some kids who could REALLY use some advice and constructive criticism from the vets.)

Also, Sid's resemblance to Michael Rooker is getting more and uncanny with every year that goes by. Eudy: Portrait of a Serial Killer.

I think they just didn't recognize Sid's music, because they reacted to him in the ring a lot louder than they reacted to his theme hitting (not the same hero worship Vader got, but not embarrassing). Vader's music is much more instantly recognizable.

And I wouldn't call him "skinny" at all, he's still pretty big, he just looked like he got off the gas. He only looks small compared to how ridiculously jacked-up he used to be.

Abdullah is still wrestling, so far as I know. At the very least I'm pretty sure he wrestled last year. Having debuted in '58, he's well past the 50 year mark in his career. Has anyone else managed that?

Great Kojika and Dory Funk Jr have both wrestled this year after debuting in '63.

Note: I don't think Mae Young and Moolah's various "matches" in WWE from 2000 on should really count...

Abdullah is still wrestling, so far as I know. At the very least I'm pretty sure he wrestled last year. Having debuted in '58, he's well past the 50 year mark in his career. Has anyone else managed that?

Gypsy Joe. I don't know exactly when he last wrestled, but at least five years ago he was still at it. Nobody's sure exactly when Gypsy debuted or precisely how old he is (Joe himself either doesn't remember or kayfabes it), but the consensus is he's been working at least since the mid-50s at the latest.

Great Kojika and Dory Funk Jr have both wrestled this year after debuting in '63.

Note: I don't think Mae Young and Moolah's various "matches" in WWE from 2000 on should really count...

Have you seen Abby matches in recent years? Really not a lot more to them than Mae Young style stuff. Actually Mae still bumps so if anything she's more serious than Abby

This might be a "who gives a shit" sort of thing, but what's the deal with Super Delfin's name? Reading the katakana I think it reads as "Spell Delfin."

0:26 Delfin's name in blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1n7Mg55VUs

"スペル デルフィン"

"スペル" = su-pe-ru - "spell"

Super Tiger @ 1:37:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE_nRlOm7vU

"スーパー タイガー"

"スーパー" = suu-paa - "super"