Pro Wrestling Only

Great promo, terrible announcer

JerryvonKramer

What do people think about Ernie Ladd when he was on commentary for Mid-South and some of his brief stuff with the WWF? I liked his work quite a bit.

All I can say about Ladd's commentary is that during the Tito/Savage No DQ match from MSG he came off worse than many clueless celebrities doing commentary and was barely less horrible than Art Donovan.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wanna know how good Cornette was on commentary?

He carried Shane Mcmahon thru a two hour Raw broadcast. He did everything he could to make Shane sound good. Playing off whatever inane shit Shane was saying and using it to build the match.

When did that happen?

The go home Raw before Breakdown. King and JR were filing Man on the Moon.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

The best thing about Booker T on commentary was that you could play a drinking game to how many times he says AWWWWW MAH GOODNESS during any given show. You would be drunk and puking in thirty minutes flat.

I really enjoyed Raven commentating for Heat, and Punk on RAW during his short run.

But my personal favorite has to be JBL. Cole really gets good when he is working alongside JBL..and JBL is better than any color guy they have had since the days of Ventura/Heenan.

Raven AKA Johnny Polo and I forget his name in Global is pretty good. Very funny and had a solid give and take with the other guy from what ive seen. Tazz is the worse ive heard since ive been watching. The only guy that makes me change to something else. And when you think about it this guy was on wwe Tv for a while. Was he always this bad? Or. Is this a TNA thing. Dusty is also one of my favs. Mostly because of the off the wall comments. And last Jesse love the way he looked at things one of the best.

I LOVE Bock's WWF announcing. It's so different than anything else you get.

Stumbled on some of this recently and it was great. Really great at getting over the psychology of the match and the internal logic. An extended run with him and Gorilla could have been fun.