Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

I like Dirty Dutch as much as anyone else, but I think it's blinding people to the fact his Teabagger gimmick is going over the heads of WWE's current audience and no one seems to care. I guess there's still time to get it over, but all the Dutch love in the universe won't hide the fact his State of the Union speech played to crickets tonight.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cesaro strikes me as a modern take on the Rougeau Brothers "foreign heels pretend to love America" gimmick. Not that it's a bad thing, mind you, it's just what comes to mind when he comes out waving a big US flag.

I like the character of Zeb, it just seems out of place in a company that markets toward kids to have a heel manager who's political. Not to mention in some cities, his DEY TERK OUR JERBS act might end up getting them over as faces.

Cesaro's gimmick is the worst part about Cesaro. I don't hate it, but it's a mid-card gimmick and he's got main event potential

I love the gimmick, and it's easily something that can be dropped silently when they eventually move him up to the Main Event.

He has "future Main Event Guy" written all over him, and that's why I'm loving that he's being brought up the old fashioned way.

Cesaro strikes me as a modern take on the Rougeau Brothers "foreign heels pretend to love America" gimmick. Not that it's a bad thing, mind you, it's just what comes to mind when he comes out waving a big US flag.

Oh, that's totally what it is, with the twist of "this country is great for people who want to take advantage of the opportunities it offers...like ME!"

I like the character of Zeb, it just seems out of place in a company that markets toward kids to have a heel manager who's political. Not to mention in some cities, his DEY TERK OUR JERBS act might end up getting them over as faces.

See, he hasn't gone the "took our jobs" route..it's "the ones who want handouts". Dutch is so good, he knows that's way to go because people have pretty much dropped the "jobs" shit as it's been pointed out enough that Americans aren't actually angry about not being able to do migrant work.

I still say that if Dutch and Jimmy Golden fought together in Nam like they're saying, then how'd we lose?

The only thing that bothers me about Henry being temporarily programmed versus Khali is that he already beat Khali cleanly. I understand part of it is Khali avenging Hornswoggle, but then again, the focus seems to be Henry attacking Khali for having a good time most of the time and not being a monster, judging from last night. Thing is, we've already seen that plot with Jinder Mahal in Henry's role.

I also don't like how the E has diluted Henry's trash talking. To me, the great thing about Henry's trash talking in the past is how all the stuff he'd say was different, but fit the situation. Now, it's "THAT'S WHAT I DO!" each time. Henry does it well, but I already miss him mixing it up verbally.

The only thing that bothers me about Henry being temporarily programmed versus Khali is that he already beat Khali cleanly. I understand part of it is Khali avenging Hornswoggle, but then again, the focus seems to be Henry attacking Khali for having a good time most of the time and not being a monster, judging from last night. Thing is, we've already seen that plot with Jinder Mahal in Henry's role.

I also don't like how the E has diluted Henry's trash talking. To me, the great thing about Henry's trash talking in the past is how all the stuff he'd say was different, but fit the situation. Now, it's "THAT'S WHAT I DO!" each time. Henry does it well, but I already miss him mixing it up verbally.

They clearly want it as a t-shirt.

I like Dirty Dutch as much as anyone else, but I think it's blinding people to the fact his Teabagger gimmick is going over the heads of WWE's current audience and no one seems to care. I guess there's still time to get it over, but all the Dutch love in the universe won't hide the fact his State of the Union speech played to crickets tonight.

I think part of it is Dutch's scripts make him look more like a street corner activist (e.g. PETA or anti-abortion) who would come across more as annoying at most than as someone who's a bad person. The type of activist that, depending on what your feelings are, you would try to walk by quickly from if you're on the street rather than listen to them.

If they're serious about making this work (which is debatable, for as good as Dutch has been here (Swagger hasn't been bad either), this feels like another gimmick booked to amuse Vince), they need to stress that Swagger and Zeb are bad people with a bad message.

I like the idea of bringing back Jimmy Golden as Swagger Sr. Hell, I'd have him come out in fatigues, ready to "blow away those people taking advange of our motherland".

For the even more absurd, bring back Tennessee Lee! He can come out with doctored photos of people like Mysterio and Sin Cara "taking advantage of Tennessee Lee by living tax-free by mowing his lawn."

Zeb: "And how much are you paying them?"

Lee: "An excrutiating $2 an hour."

Zeb: "You poor man! And those bastards!"

The roster is also diverse enough to show they're bad people too. You can even have them go after people for bullshit reasons, like saying a vegan like Daniel Bryan is the reason our American meat factories are losing money, or some such shit.

Of course, it's PG WWE and I don't know how well it would be executed in that environment. Then again, this still feels like something Vince imagined during Linda's concession speech or something.

They clearly want it as a t-shirt.

Henry also was yelling "If I wanted to dance, I'd of brought a date!", which of course ruled.

And I miss 1 on 1 mania main events. I feel like the air was just let out of the show.

Me too, but in a fed where every possible combination of a singles match happens multiple times a month, sometimes a week, by the time Mania comes around, no intrigue is built up between two rivals because they've already been around the loop, so they just mash together whoever is in the main event picture in three ways. I'm shocked Swagger and Del Rio is a singles match.

Hope the gimmick lasts for 10 months at least so we get "War on Christmas" promos.

A clash with Vicki Guerrero over marriage equality is inevitable, since every gay man has at least one friend or acquaintance like Vicki. There are no exceptions.

The Guerreros were/are devout Christians, so I wouldn't be surprised if Vickie had some horribly retrograde views on homosexuality.

She is definitely the type to have a bachelorette party at a gay bar, be obnoxiously loud, and have dildo balloons on her head, yes.

I'm trying to think of any way I can use this as a signature somewhere on the internet that won't make me look like a lunatic.

You and I both.

Hope the gimmick lasts for 10 months at least so we get "War on Christmas" promos.

A clash with Vicki Guerrero over marriage equality is inevitable, since every gay man has at least one friend or acquaintance like Vicki. There are no exceptions.

The Guerreros were/are devout Christians, so I wouldn't be surprised if Vickie had some horribly retrograde views on homosexuality.

Wow...you are just the gift that keeps on giving sometimes. :lol:

And I miss 1 on 1 mania main events. I feel like the air was just let out of the show.

Bit melodramatic, no? It's been a year since the main event being one on one, and you have to go back to WrestleMania XX that they had a triple threat go on last. Multi man mains are the exception, not the rule.

Bit melodramatic, no? It's been a year since the main event being one on one, and you have to go back to WrestleMania XX that they had a triple threat go on last. Multi man mains are the exception, not the rule.

While still true that triple threat title matches are not the rule, you are underselling its frequency.

2004: Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs The Vanished

2006: Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton

2008: Randy Orton vs Triple H vs John Cena

2009: Edge vs Big Show vs John Cena