Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

Those are 4 triple threat matches at Mania, but only in 2004 was it the #1 match, and in that case you had special circumstances with Benoit getting the super push, as well as a ridiculously stacked show featuring Eddy/Angle, Rock's first match in a year and Brock/Goldberg with Austin as ref.

That is not the case now. Plus Cena vs. Rock should be a stronger issue one on one without someone else running interference on the hard sell.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think you do a rubber match, and whatever you do, Rock needs to be special. We don't yet know how much he spiked the EC buyrate but I'd hold him out until Summerslam if not Mania next year. Brock is still effective because when he comes out he's an attraction, not another guy on the roster. You need to preserve Rock in the same fashion.

While still true that triple threat title matches are not the rule, you are underselling its frequency.

No, I'm just not confusing "title match in the middle of the card" for "main event."

I staunchly agree that Rock/Cena needs to be kept one on one. Undertaker not being fit for the proposed Punk/Undertaker match is not justification for me to sabotage the Rock/Cena rematch wherein Cena takes the title and gets his win back from Rock, which was the best explanation for the nostalgia act beating the top guy last year in the first place. Cena retaking the title in a three way affords him negligible bragging rights compared to beating Rocky one on one. Worse still, Punk could take the fall and it looks like Cena is incapable of beating The Rock.

Find something else for Punk to do.

I'm starting to think the whole Colter/Swagger angle is just Vince trolling the right for not supporting Linda more in her election attempts. You could tell by the way Cole was name dropping right wing talking heads like Rush/Beck/Alex Jones that Vince was making sure that point got across.

While still true that triple threat title matches are not the rule, you are underselling its frequency.

No, I'm just not confusing "title match in the middle of the card" for "main event."

I staunchly agree that Rock/Cena needs to be kept one on one. Undertaker not being fit for the proposed Punk/Undertaker match is not justification for me to sabotage the Rock/Cena rematch wherein Cena takes the title and gets his win back from Rock, which was the best explanation for the nostalgia act beating the top guy last year in the first place. Cena retaking the title in a three way affords him negligible bragging rights compared to beating Rocky one on one. Worse still, Punk could take the fall and it looks like Cena is incapable of beating The Rock.

There isn't anything else compelling for Punk to do.

There isn't anything else compelling for Punk to do.

Entirely possible. And if that's really the case, I'd rather leave him off the card entirely.

Orton had issues leading into his match at WrestleMania 22 with Mysterio/Angle and he was kept in there.

Orton is a totally different beast. I doubt Swagger will amount to anything now, not that he would have anyway. I mean, does anyone even remember this guys had been a world champ before ?

Honestly? I know everyone wants Henry in the role but part of me thinks this would be a great fix to the Punk problem. I think it would elevate Del Rio and the World title at this point.

No. Mark Henry.

Guy I follow on Twitter suggested that they stick Mark Henry back in his 1996 tights and put him with Dutch Mantell

Yeah Swagger is a fuckin moron although they could say that angle wise this was a trap.

That's what they would have done in 98. They would have spun this, doubled down on the media exposure, and somehow made it into a boon to them. I'm not saying they should do that, mind you.