Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

So according to Meltzer on his podcast, WWE is "full court pressing" to get Jim Ross back. He couldn't finish the story because his brother came to his house and Dave started talking to him and never went back to the JR subject (which was pretty funny). But he explained Ross wouldn't have been caught dead going to WWE shows and now he's front row at NXT and going to the HOF.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So according to Meltzer on his podcast, WWE is "full court pressing" to get Jim Ross back. He couldn't finish the story because his brother came to his house and Dave started talking to him and never went back to the JR subject (which was pretty funny). But he explained Ross wouldn't have been caught dead going to WWE shows and now he's front row at NXT and going to the HOF.

Couple of things, first granted that is the format of Wrestling Culture (press record and just go with whatever happens) so I guess whatever works, but I find it hilarious that Meltzer didn't stop recording, and had to explain why he was thrown off when going back the podcast. Does he think there is a set time that he has to release his show?

Second, Ross was front row next to Austin at the HOF last year though. So this isn't a "new thing" that just happened with Ross and the WWE.

Thank God for the hot blonde bombshell, who was super into the show (pretty sure it was NOT Foley's daughter, but it could have been) on the hard camera for this past RAW because I don't think I could have made it through without her. Good thing, they didn't move her for upstaging all the action or make her put on a mask. :P

Paige/Nikki was the best thing about the show, but that's like saying the Sun will come up tomorrow. They had a rough start, but the finish sequence was super hot and the nearfalls actually built to an interesting climax, men take notes on how it is done. Would have liked a better setup for Nikki's Emerald Elbow, but that is nitpicky.

Bryan/ZIggler was actually pretty good. I liked the build to the spots and Ziggler actually felt competitive through the match. It had a more logical progression than most modern WWE matches with the matwork early. Things get chippy in the corner -> spots start revving up, but they are not always hitting them because the other guy is still fresh. It was back and forth in a way that showcased a struggle rather than offensive exhibition. ZIggler winning with a quick ZIg Zag was refreshing.

The rest was forgettable.

Steph and Hunter marking out over the NXT show last night was all kinds of great (Steph recording it). It's something you would never see from Vince. I so want to believe it's genuine

Details?

Stephanie's recording. Gets good at around 27:00 -30:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSNMbmSgf1I&feature=youtu.be

Steph's laugh is recognizable in any situation

My guess is they're bringing J.R. back for NXT. It makes perfect sense too. He'd be ideal to train the younger, up-and-coming voices on that show - including, yes, Renee Young. The more relaxed taping schedule would probably also appeal to Jim Ross at this point. And he was recently in attendance at an NXT show.

Holy fuck Stephanie tweeting the quote from the twitter founder about philanthropy being the key to brand success. What in the hell is she thinking tweeting that out especially when they are honoring Connor tonight? Absolutely mind boggling. I want to believe she's genuine with her charity work but this....

Yeah... Just Wade being Wade. The point being made is that a company is spending that money either way. They can spend it on advertising/PR, or they can give to a charitable cause and do good while also receiving positive press as a result of it. They both "win." Wade being the cynic that he is, and only being willing to believe and expecting the worst from the McMahons, does the predictable thing of bitching on Twitter. The tweet was awkwardly worded, and definitely isn't a "philosophy" best stated in 140 characters, but Keller's response was every bit as tone deaf and moronic as he accuses Steph of being.