Current WWE

Smack2k

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I noticed Swagger had nothing to say at all.

If you got Dutch speaking for you, why would you open your mouth at all? I know Punk does a lot of his speaking when aligned with Heyman but that's a totally different dynamic. It does strike me as odd that a professional wrestler is having a deranged war veteran berate people on TV though, in kayfabe sense.

So let's talk Wrestlemania. Taker returned at a house show this weekend rocking the Lidell mohawk & looking fat & out of shape(probably can't workout much with the bad hip & shoulder).

SO it looks like Punk/Taker singles match is happening; even if Taker moves/wrestles more like Kane this year. I would be cool with Taker wrestling at another 10 Manias if he has matches like the HBK & H series. He's just such a staple of the show like Hogan at WM 1-9, I'd say the 2nd most important performer in the shows history so it would suck for him to be absent. Plus he still has to do the big Cena/Taker match next year. Let's just admit it, Punk/Taker is *atleast* going to be a very good(***1/2+) match with a fun build.

About Swagger/Del Rio. I watched the Chamber match from said ppv and really enjoyed the bout(always like that gimmick(count me as 1 that likes 'theme' ppvs). But everyone in that match played their roles perfectly; except Swagger. He just had 0 heat before/during this match. This is a guy I thought would return to Superstars or form a jobber tag team and now he all of the sudden is a world beater. And Henry was *right there* with a better gimmick & was actually over(ha someone called him "Stone Cold" Mark Henry, I concur). But I hope they just do a straight submission-based match without all this WCW-like overbooking that has marred the Punk/Rock matches(only saw the 1st one though), with Swagger destroying Del Rio's ankle & Del Rio attacking his arm to neutralize the Ankle lock & Doctorbomb. Del Rio plays his best Tito Santana(I wish he would throw the old flying forearm into his arsenal as tribute. Loved that move with Tito) & Swagger trying to channel Kurt.

About the undercard, these matches are likely:

Ryback vs. Sheamus

Big Show vs. Miz

EDIT: Also would like to see Shield(all 3) vs. Kane & Danielson for the tag titles: a throwback to the Demoliton vs. Hart Foundation title match of the same style. Shield does the Freebird thing with the belts. Cara/Rey is supposed to be off but I'd like it re-added. Orton vs. Henry seems like a good semi big match to add(loved the NOC '11 title bout) if they are serious about Henry, although I'd be cool with Henry/Booker T Unsanctioned street fight or something if they are going that way. Also Ziggler/Jericho is likely.

I wouldn't be shocked if Taker shows up at Mania suddenly looking defined. I'm not saying like Rock levels, but I don't see someone so obsessed with protecting their gimmick showing up to the big show looking tubby. One of the photos from the house show was of him doing Old School so he must be feeling good enough to be jumping off the top rope. I was under the impression the main reason for his current body shape was that he got his shoulder repaired finally and couldn't work his upper body until it healed.

Also I'm surprised Glenn Beck didn't take the bait WWE left for him. While I've been convinced for a while his nutty TV meltdowns were worked, he seemed like a guy who's easy to goad into doing something if you press the right buttons.

What spots were blown?

I really enjoyed it, though I wish the selling had been more consistent. Still watching that the first thing I thought was "that should have been the Mania main event." Cena getting even with Punk now literally gives Punk no obvious thing of note to do after Mania when Rock is gone either. I really hope he takes six months off.

That was probably better than either of their Wrestlemania matches will be, and possibly better than anything that will be on the show. My guess is they both figured that was their last match with each other so they threw it all out there. Great match.

Jimmy Golden worked as a full time wrestler AND was a full-time factory worker for 25 years. He really is fucking awesome.

I loved the HHH/ Brock stuff, it was bad ass. Even if HHH's jeans looked like he either had an accident or sat on a wet seat.

I totally dug Mark Henry squashing Khali. See, Dylan...it's gonna be ok, man. You gotta have faith.

Hell No vs PTP was really fun. I dug the call back spot to Jake vs Martel via Bryan's "Yes!" and "No!" chants.

I LOVED the Shield promo, and Sheamus and Orton "out heeling" them to keep things interesting fucking ruled.

It does strike me as odd that a professional wrestler is having a deranged war veteran berate people on TV though, in kayfabe sense.

They've acknowledged Zeb had a history in pro wrestling/WWE, they've just been as vague about it as possible.

And I'm with Dylan, tonight's match should've somehow been the WM main event. Fuck Samoan Gronda.