Pro Wrestling Only

Sid vs. Goldberg

goodhelmet

Sid vs. Goldberg  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer?

• Sid
    • Goldberg

I am working on comps for both of these guys and I think it is a fair question. Both guys were over HUGE at their peak of their popularity and were never considered great. Hell, the best match either guy may have had might be against each other. Sid was able to stay employed for over a decade but I don't think he was ever the game changer that Goldberg was. I also prefer Goldberg squashes over Sid squashes but I know my good buddy Naylor would disagree. As bad as they were on the mic, I could listen to Sid all day long. I prefer Goldberg remaining silent.

I fucking love Sid. He's one guy for whatever reason where work rate and ability just dont matter to me. Fuck i love his late 96 early 97 run and i've been pushing for a Sid comp for a while now so Sid is my obvious vote. I cant argue that he did anything great and im not saying he was a great wrestler by any means but i still love Sid

Will, so is this seriously in the works? As in the near future? You know you got my money if it is

I liked Goldberg as a gimmick and as a worker he was better than Sid but Sid was a phenomenon that you just had to live through in 1989-92. Think about this, it took Sid getting injured for Mark Callous to get a job in the NWA. Sid was a monster that you really didn't see at the time and when he joined the Horsemen he became this cult god especially at the TV tapings and I went to them in bulk back in those days.

I voted for Sid.

I enjoy Sid fumbling over promos any day but I'm a bigger fan of Goldberg competitive squashes from the Nitro era. Sid's powerbombs are cool but I don't like the fact that my lasting memory of him besides wanting a re-do on a promo is visibly and audibly calling the finish of War Games '91.

I always liked Sid. It's pretty indescribable really. He just had this weird charisma that drew me in. I marked out like crazy when he was named the special ref for the Summerslam 91 main event. He probably got the loudest pop I've ever heard live at a house show in the summer of 96. It was so loud he came back to the ring after leaving for a curtain call

My favourite memory of Sid was my friend's kid brother dying with laughter over this promo -- http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5es3e_si...rt#.US7TJKLIaPw He turned bright red and fell to the floor in that laughing so hard it hurts kind of way. We rewound it about a million times and by the end we were all in fits of laughter.

Goldberg by a million miles. I could enjoy Goldberg on a certain level for weeks, even months, on end. Sid owuld get a pop out of me when he first showed up somewhere, but then by week 2 or 3, he'd completely outstayed his welcome. Plus, despite his size, he really doesn't look that intimidating to me. I think it's the hair. Hate that hair.