Pro Wrestling Only

Survivor Series 2013

Superstar Sleeze

My excitement for Survivor Series peaked when I first found out it was in Boston. I was really looking forward to the direction of the company post-Summerslam. However, in November I have found the storyline direction to be lackluster to say the least. I feel like all the heat from Summerslam and September has dissipated.

First, Boston needs to bring our A-game to match that raucous Nashville crowd. I have not heard a crowd so pro-babyface in forever. They were even doing Uso callback chant. I was digging it. I think Boston crowds are in the top 5 WWE crowds and we definitely be there in force.

Like I said in a post in the Current WWE thread, if I was not going to this event I would be perfectly fine with Randy Orton vs Big Show. Even though, the money is clearly in Big Show vs Triple H given the crowd reactions for their confrontations. I would still say this is a perfectly logical progression for the story of Big Show. In addition, if Orton loses, it could set up for a new heel ace or Triple H to come back under the guise "If you want a job done, you got to do it yourself." or if he wins, he gets a much needed win to further consolidate his position before dropping the belt to Punk or Bryan. Still, Orton vs. Big Show reeks of 2010 mid-card and I am just not terribly interested in this match-up.

As much as I like Harper, the Wyatts do Jimbo-Diddly-Squat for me. I am excited for the match, but in a "This will be a great RAW main event" way not in a "PPV match" way. I think it is smart to pair the smark darling together as they have been/will be over like rover. It should be a good popcorn match.

Cena/Del Rio got the much needed shot in the arm after Del Rio's beatdown two weeks ago. I think this will give them a good psychological base point to build off and it is my prediction for match of the night.

The match I am most excited for is the Elimination match with Rhodes Family/Usos/Rey vs Real Americans/The Shield. I pretty much dig all 10 men in this match and I think it has a real shot of being match of the night on a shallow card. The Shield has been my favorite gimmick over the past year and I am pumped to see Cesaro for the first time since I saw him face Tyler Black at an ROH show in Detroit.

No Ryback and Dolph Ziggler makes me a sad Superstar Sleeze. I really liked Ziggler's effort in the Sandow match and thought that was one of the best finishes they have had in a while in a gimmick match. Ryback is just a beast. At least, Roman Reigns is on the card.

I love live wrestling and I will be hanging out with my Dad and my brother so it will be tons of fun. Realistically this is not one of their best cards on papers, but that's why they play the game.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the card:

Miz vs. Kofi (pre-show)

Big E. Vs. Axel (IC Title)

Roster Divas vs. Total Divas (SS Tag)

Rey/Usos/Rhodes vs. Shield/Real Americans (SS Tag)

Punk/Bryan vs. Wyatts

Cena vs. Del Rio (WHC)

Orton vs. Big Show (WWE Title)

The top four matches have a chance to be good or better. Everything else is suspect or totally uninteresting. Big.E-Axel could be solid.

I'm also intrigued by the idea of the Boston crowd shitting on the Orton/Show match. I mean, I like Show and I'm opening to this being a good match but I'm pretty annoyed by the recent booking so I'm all for WWE having to eat some shit tonight.

Do you really think they care? Bryan had crowds in unison shouting YES! and did dick all with him in the end. They had the crowd taunting a fallen hero Triple H at Summerslam 2012 and still pushed him in a return program against Brock at Mania, even having him take that match. Once they have a direction they want to take, they have tunnel vision.

In a vacuum, where online fans just watch the match later on YouTube or whatever, I'm sure the wrestling will be fine. If you're a fan of stories or characters or build-up, or original matches, this shit sucks.

I imagine anyone paying $54.95 for a WWE PPV is probably tired of Rhodes Vs. Shield part forty-five or whatever we're up to. To us though, the matches are always good, so fuck it.

Hope the Boston crowd is hype. This PPV has to go head-to-head with Sunday Night Football which is Tom Brady Vs. Peyton Manning though. And on paper, I don't think most people think this card looks all that stellar. I mean...I don't know a single person off the internet that cares about Alberto Del Rio OR Randy Orton...and that's the two main events. Looking grim!