Survivor Series 2013

Superstar Sleeze

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cena vs. Del Rio (WHC)

This was a helluva match. Both guys looked great in this particularly Cena taking Del Rio's offense. Del Rio did a nasty Fuerza bump. Cena did a great Dustin bump. The build to the armbreaker was well done. I loved Del Rio reaching the ropes with a fingertip during the STF. The finish is not my favorite Cena finish at all but I thought this match built better toward it than other matches.

Cena vs. Del Rio

- This matchup feels like Orton-Bryan where the match is fine but there is nothing to get excited about. Good match but I don't care for the match-up if that makes sense.

Completely agree with this, though I thought it was better than good as a stand alone match.

Speaking of matches I don't care about even though there are guys I like involved, here comes the Wyatts v. Punk/Bryan

When you can't buy a single near fall in a match, not a single one of them, I'm not entertained by the match. So that Cena/Del Rio match was not good to me, or decent, or even serviceable. It was same old shit. Del Rio is just SO FUCKING BLAND.

I pretty much never want to see him ever. He makes me not care. He's just a 2013 Dino Bravo to me: no fucks given. I know some peeps dig him, totally cool with that, but he's not my cup of tea at all.

When you can't buy a single near fall in a match, not a single one of them, I'm not entertained by the match. So that Cena/Del Rio match was not good to me, or decent, or even serviceable. It was same old shit. Del Rio is just SO FUCKING BLAND.

I pretty much never want to see him ever. He makes me not care. He's just a 2013 Dino Bravo to me: no fucks given. I know some peeps dig him, totally cool with that, but he's not my cup of tea at all.

I think Del Rio is a very good worker, but it's hard to argue on his behalf at this point as his character is completely flat and the booking only makes it worse.

Of course I feel like that about a lot of guys, including Punk who has been change the channel level horrific as a promo/character for the majority of this year

I think Del Rio is a very good worker, but it's hard to argue on his behalf at this point as his character is completely flat and the booking only makes it worse.

Of course I feel like that about a lot of guys, including Punk who has been change the channel level horrific as a promo/character for the majority of this year

Like, I can't even argue! He's so talented. He should have been huge... just bad booking, man. Build him up as this big star then he loses in the curtain jerk of 'Mania after winning the biggest Rumble ever. He's been heel/face multiple times already, has nothing but rematches, been champ multiple times already...they burned through an entire wrestling career in like two years. Poor guy. Now he doesn't even have the stuff that used to make him unique, like the cars or Ricardo.

Like, I can't even argue! He's so talented. He should have been huge... just bad booking, man. Build him up as this big star then he loses in the curtain jerk of 'Mania after winning the biggest Rumble ever. He's been heel/face multiple times already, has nothing but rematches, been champ multiple times already...they burned through an entire wrestling career in like two years. Poor guy. Now he doesn't even have the stuff that used to make him unique, like the cars or Ricardo.

??? He has only turned babyface ONCE, and had a run for about eight months before turning heel but it never felt like they explored everything they could with the babyface character. An uninspired patriotic Mexican run constitutes all they could do for him? Hell his heel character hasn't even been explored beyond the caricature.

The beginning of the Wyatts matched bored me pretty thoroughly but once we got to the segment with Bryan v. Harper everything was pretty good. The Bryan/Harper stuff was really good and I could see that match being great. Pretty hot stuff after that though not really exceptional. Harper's selling of the GTS was good.

Harper is so great that Rowan becomes watchable through osmosis but I did like him throwing the sheep mask at Punk to try and derail the hot tag. I enjoyed the powerbomb spot but agree that as a whole, it felt a bit flat. They've definitely kept a certain aura around Wyatt himself since there's been a few times now where they've teased him brawling with guys and the crowd has popped.

Bryan/Punk vs. Wyatts

This was really bad at it's worst and really fun at it's best. Harper was good in this and worked his ass off. The top rope sit-down powerbomb, Punk getting tossed to the floor by Rowan, the splash to the floor by Punk, and Bryan's face shine were all fun. The finish was really bad. Punk and Bryan should not have won but then again it wouldn't have meant much if the Wyatt's had won either. Overall, this was okay I guess.