Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said above, they should add Complete Feuds section. Pick a feud and have every promo, angle, and match in chronological order in it. Like an expanded Collections section.

I would love this if, for WWF feuds that had matches from MSG or the Spectrum or other house shows that were taped, if they included the local promos for those specific matches that only aired on the syndicated programming in the NY or Philly or whatever area. One of my favorite things to watch growing up was the promos for the local house shows on Superstars or whatever, and I always feel like that is missing from the Network and from the DVDs they have put out.

Like I said above, they should add Complete Feuds section. Pick a feud and have every promo, angle, and match in chronological order in it. Like an expanded Collections section.

I would love this if, for WWF feuds that had matches from MSG or the Spectrum or other house shows that were taped, if they included the local promos for those specific matches that only aired on the syndicated programming in the NY or Philly or whatever area. One of my favorite things to watch growing up was the promos for the local house shows on Superstars or whatever, and I always feel like that is missing from the Network and from the DVDs they have put out.

It's not to that level of detail, but it's sort of an approach they tried with the first HBK and Flair DVD sets, which were some of the first career ones they put out. Rather than what would become the standard of having a disc as a documentary and then another disc(s) as matches, they had a series of matches and then for each would include five or six angles/interviews/build up packages/TV promos/spots that lead up to the match so that you had some of the context. I thought it worked well.

WWE.com teaser listing for the All Star collection lists an episode with a Roddy Piper match from 1979. Only other Piper 79 footage floating around is a pre-match bagpipe segment from a Championship Wrestling episode and a few seconds clip from a newscast on that nights MSG show so it looks like the dump isn't just recycled stuff from what was posted to 24/7 some years back and there may be other hidden gems that are "new" in there.

WWE.com teaser listing for the All Star collection lists an episode with a Roddy Piper match from 1979. Only other Piper 79 footage floating around is a pre-match bagpipe segment from a Championship Wrestling episode and a few seconds clip from a newscast on that nights MSG show so it looks like the dump isn't just recycled stuff from what was posted to 24/7 some years back and there may be other hidden gems that are "new" in there.

Whats exists for the Piper/Flair feud in the 70s - early 80s?

WWWF All Star drop looks like it will be 92 episodes

It's only one 1975 epsisode up to September of 1980. This one might be hit a little harder by the "technical difficulties from the original source" hammer as some are going to be less than 30 minutes. Still, looks to be a pretty fun drop and it's the earliest TV they've put up so far.

Oh, the TV isn't some great batch of matches. But it's an amazing look at what the TV was at that time. And a lot of it is still fucking fun.

This is my viewpoint on this too. I'm beyond excited to see some more nice quality WWWF TV. I've grown a major soft spot for 70s WWWF in recent months and have wanted more.

Oh, the TV isn't some great batch of matches. But it's an amazing look at what the TV was at that time. And a lot of it is still fucking fun.

Exactly. You have to appreciate it in context.

I only started watching WWF TV in the early 80's and even then, the shows were pretty much nothing but the big names against enhancement talent and lots of interviews with the occasional good match thrown in. And even in those cases, it was usually done to start or advance a feud or story of some kind. I never watched the weekly shows on Saturday morning expecting to see good matches. But those shows did sell me on going to Maple Leaf Gardens every three weeks, for years.

It's actually quite interesting how the whole business model of wrestling has changed over the years, where the main purpose of TV used to be to get people to go to house shows, where they could see the real matches. Now they give away practically everything for free on TV or for a minimal charge on the Network. I'm amazed they get any house show business at all.