Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 30 (Yes! yes! yes! Yes!)

goodhelmet

If there is some kind of twist with the finish it would probably be that Brock has the match won, and someone, I wouldn't even begin to speculate who, attacks Taker to end it in a dq. They can say they're protecting the streak so they can beat it next year, and then feud with Brock in the interim.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meltzer suggested that The Shield v. Authority end of the show prediction I made on the P2B podcast may become a reality.

Also I got a bizarre text from one of my usual "sources" (I hate the term,but don't know what else to use) that there will be a surprise finish to the Taker v. Brock match....

It was actually Shield vs. Evolution which is even better if it means that Daniel Bryan is not tied down to any of those guys moving forward.

A surprise finish doesn't always have to mean the actual result or home straight of the match itself? Could it not mean any time from the go home sequence up until the end of the victor celebrating?

Taker is going over, without a shadow of a doubt, ending the streak at this stage of the game, would be bullshit. WWE knows this better than any of us, it's a continuous selling point for Wrestlemania, and Undertaker will keep doing it until he's physically unable to, because regardless of his physical limitations and the injuries, the recovery time and all the other stuff, he loves wrestling and the massive pay off sweetens the deal too. At whatever point he is told to never wrestle again, he'll simply retire undefeated and WWE will still have a marketable mythos with which to produce numerous DVDs and merchandise throughout the years.

I feel like they have HHH beat Bryan by fuckery and Hogan add Bryan into the four-way starting right there for some great chaos, with the end of the 4way then being Bryan tap HHH and a bigger WM10esque celebration. Who knows if a Punk thing happens but would be more chaos. Try and recreate a Backlash 2000 type deal maybe.

Also think the Streak stays but they do a Brock destroying Taker postmatch that leads to a Rock or Sting save/theatrics.

Cena beats Wyatt but gets left for dead some crazy way and Wyatts come out of it stronger.

I would like to see Vince out there at the end. The nostalgia stuff with Hogan there and knowing that Austin and Rock (and maybe Kliq) could make appearances should be a cool night.

I figured they would hold the Bryan-making for the night after and have Cena and Hogan front and center to close an anniversary show like this, especially with Cena and Rock doing the last two. Also thought any resemblance to WM20 would be something they stay away from. Can't say Nash's comments weren't in back of my mind either.

Based on that and once they had those RAW segments with Lesnar/Orton/Batista, I felt 100 sure that they were going with the OVW Class of 2001? four way main event (which IMO would've been great) and a Punk/Bryan match for a title shot the night after (in order to appease the hate for the main). I thought the show would end with a Cena and Hogan (and Vince) send off, and RAW the next night has Bryan-Cena II with the title change and a Punk heel turn/bigger Authority stable with him and Wyatts joining.

I'll be watching at a friend's party. We're going to watch on the PlayStation but if it crashes we're prepared to order the HD PPV telecast.

I'm very interested to see what happens with Daniel Bryan. I'm not terribly excited by the rest of the card but I get sucked in to the spectacle every year.

Brock didn't go over Cena and only got over on HHH to set up his eventual vanquishing. Any surprise or twist will be something that doesn't interfere with 22-0 in big lights at the Superdome. But I am fully expecting that and Byran/HHH to vastly exceed expectations. Didn't think there's any way I'd want to sit through this much pre-show, but I am jacked and ready for this to happen. Have zero interest in checking out anything else until it starts.

Just seeing Bryan/HHH will be kind of surreal to me. If you'd have told a smart fan in 2003 that small, nerdy looking indy darling Daniel Bryan would have been going over hated, bloated, office manipulator HHH in the Wrestlemania main event a decade later I would have said you were crazy. At best most people thought Bryan would get to William Regal level.

90s smarks got their moment in 2004 with the hard working, under appreciated guys they were repping for a decade hit the big time finally. Tonight is that moment for the fans who came up on the Attitude Era and got into indy wrestling and puroresu as they became teenagers in 2001-2004, who have followed the Low-Ki, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson generation of indy stars for the best part of fifteen years.