Pro Wrestling Only

Where does Sting fit in WWE today?

The Chief

Sting belongs on the WWE Network doing commentary on Warrior documentaries. He isn't needed.

This is true and accurate. But I'd also like one opportunity to pop for Sting having a moment on WWE TV. Depending when Batista returns and how long the Evolution reboot lasts, it could be as simple as having Flair return as manager to help lay out a babyface heading into another big tag match. Bryan says they're not showing up empty handed, and if Evolution has Flair in the fold there's only one way to counter that. And then send him off to the network.

I can't see that working as part of a serious angle. I think there's a reason why Flair hasn't been hooked up with the new Evolution. The dude is Piper-levels of crazy and out of touch and should not be used on live TV. I'm not entirely opposed to Sting used in a way where he's not the focus, but if they're going to bring up the Sting/Flair rivalry in 2014 then it's going to come off the same way as when they do Slaughter/Sheik at the Legends reunion shows.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sting vs Cena and the increasingly unlikely Sting vs Taker are the only matches that look remotely interesting. Sting is simply too old and has been away too long for most fans to care about him. Maybe bring him in for a few months towards the next Wrestlemania and dust off all the big matches for one last run. As a draw going forward he has no value, and I'm sceptical that he has enough star power to even pop the buyrate/interest for one show.

Maybe they will sell some merch, but again he is too old to appeal to the main merchandise demographic of young kids.

Is there even any proof that Sting was ever a major draw for any extended period? He certainly wasn't anywhere near the Rock/Austin/Hogan level. Is he even a step up from someone like Dusty Rhodes? The only reason people would be remotely interested is that he has stayed away from WWE for so long, similar to Bret Hart. And like with Bret, the interest would soon wane.

I have felt for a while the perfect guy for Sting to work a program with in WWE is Miz.

Miz has him as a guest on MizTV when the DVD is coming out, trash talks him, builds up to a PPV match, maybe Flair gets involved somehow possibly even setting up and turning on Sting for old times sake, in the end Sting beats Miz in his first and only WWE match.

Miz's career isn't going anywhere at this point anyway, so losing to a 55-year old isn't going to hurt him.

I don't necessarily want to see him in a match in WWE. A proper DVD/BRD set was really my only reason for wanting to see him go to WWE. Now that they have set a release date for one I'm good with just that. A HOF induction in the next year or so will be fine as well.

Sting/Shawn was the dream match brought up a lot in Apter mags. I guess Sting/Taker was always a thing too, but a lot people became fixated on it after the streak became a big deal. Maybe Russo recycling schlocky Taker angles during the Sting/Vampiro feud made people associate them.

Brock/Sting would be such a waste of Brock. I feel like Sting coming in is not some big deal and should be treated more like the Ricky Steamboat return than anything else. Give him a chance to surprise you and maybe do a little bit more but don't build it as the biggest thing in the world.

Maybe they can do an Evolution/Kane beat down on Sting. Sting gets the Shield as his partners and we get the War Games . Or do the Shield brings in Sting as their secret partner at War Games.

Sting as the coach would work well. Evolution/Kane vs. Bryan/Shield