Pro Wrestling Only

Impact Cancelled

Dylan Waco

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me (and Dave) it was that they went so far as to have Russo meeting with the writers in person away from the view of any other personnel. It was one thing to have it be strictly via email and still have the plausible denial of "hey we were just asking him to look over some stuff", but to fly him in and then still pretend he wasn't officially on the payroll was a new level of stupid.

Also, I don't think he's working or trying to work. He's mentioned depression and admitted to needing income so it's probably just the stress from losing the only job he's qualified for. Good luck opening a video store these days or writing for a wrestling magazine.

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. TNA is going out of business, the WWE magazine is shutting down & the video store business has been dead for a decade. What the hell is Vince Russo going to do if his VIP website doesn't turn into a huge money making venture!?

Guest Eduardo James

That's a brave stance to take. Also:

And since the idea of Liz not wearing panties under her leather skirt while she was carrying a baseball bat is a pretty terrific erotic fantasy

You might want to check to see if Russo accepts the Euro before signing up.

I wouldn't feel sorry for Russon. He can get back into education after all, its not like he has suffered some accident which has seen him lose his writing hands. Learn to write a screenplay and try and get into independent film or something? Day time drama would be up his alley. Hell, there's nothing stopping him getting a regular job.

That's a brave stance to take. Also:

And since the idea of Liz not wearing panties under her leather skirt while she was carrying a baseball bat is a pretty terrific erotic fantasy

You might want to check to see if Russo accepts the Euro before signing up.

If he's trying to make money of off *that* rumour in 2014, damn, that's even sadder.

Guest Eduardo James

I just thought it was funny that you used pervert. Nothing personal, it just sounds a bit church-y. "Thou shalt not watch Russo products for thee will become a pervert."

I just thought it was funny that you used pervert. Nothing personal, it just sounds a bit church-y.

Ah ah ah ! Me of all people being called church-y.:) That's a good one. I can tell you're not familiar with the way I write.

By "pervert" I meant that have to be some kind of pervert to find any enjoyement out of listening to Vince Russo spill his bullshit.

I wouldn't feel sorry for Russon. He can get back into education after all, its not like he has suffered some accident which has seen him lose his writing hands. Learn to write a screenplay and try and get into independent film or something? Day time drama would be up his alley. Hell, there's nothing stopping him getting a regular job.

Who could possibly teach him anything? He is the most successful wrestling writer of all time, there is no one who he can learn from.

Russo on Sable/Sunny:

If you worked the wrestling side of the WWF at the time, it was no secret to anyone that Sable and Sunny HATED each other. Now, I've got to be fair here, I think it was more on Sunny's part than Sable. There is no doubt that Sunny was just flat out jealous of Sable, and quite frankly—I could never understand why? To me, they were two completely different types of women with their own appeal. Sunny was the girl next door, and Sable was the mysterious, exotic beauty. They both had their followers.

So, when I made the call to do a swimsuit edition of the RAW Magazine, and give both Sunny and Sable their separate covers—I should have known that I was in for it. I chose a picture of Sunny that was extremely sexy—I thought it put her in a spectacular light. Well—she didn't agree. And, I found that out first hand when she came onto our floor to look at the pictures we chose. After viewing them, she grabbed them and ran to my office and screamed, "That's not me! That's not me!" I remember being caught so off guard at the time, that all I could do was laugh and say, "Well—if it's not you—WHO IS IT THEN?!

I don't know if I would classify Tammy as looking like the "girl next door" in 1997/1998 but this might bring some insight as to why the office preferred Sable during this time. Both Vinces and Kevin Dunn were crazy about her

Cornette said he was constantly concerned on how the camera would film her while she was modeling WWE merchandise while everyone else on the creative team were discussing the key angles of the time, ie the Bret & Canada v USA feud. Also said Vince (Mc) would yell out "She's a lady!" and "Cotton white panties" during creative meeting when her name was brought up

According to Dave if I understand right, after the end of the year it will be moved to this 'Velocity channel' which they say is on Cox communications but I have never heard of before and has slightly more market than Ring of honor TV. And we all know how moving to Sinclair has helped them as a national company :unsure:

According to Dave if I understand right, after the end of the year it will be moved to this 'Velocity channel' which they say is on Cox communications but I have never heard of before and has slightly more market than Ring of honor TV. And we all know how moving to Sinclair has helped them as a national company :unsure:

Velocity is owned by Discovery Channel and was originally founded as Discovery's HD network before changing to a car/racing oriented format a few years ago. I would not be surprised if the station's reach is actually lower than ROH TV due to the fact that Velocity is an HD only station. If might technically be available in more homes, but considering that a fair amount of homes still do not have HD service, the number might be lower.

In any event, it is clearly a last ditch effort if they end up there. I imagine TNA would have to scale back even more than they already have to make it work even for a little while.