Pro Wrestling Only

Impact Cancelled

Dylan Waco

I suspect this will just be a case of TNA fans being delusional until the end about how Impact is really a great show and it's just a big "smark" conspiracy to hate on TNA and Spike would never cancel THE ONLY SHOW THEY HAVE NOW THAT UFC IS GONE!!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when I started to watch regularly, again!

But, seriously, they deserve it if they do go out of business. They just never got it and if the story about refusing to sell because Dixie wanted to stay on TV is true then they absolutely deserve to go down in flames.

I've told this story a lot on this board but I'll tell it again: I saw a TNA house show in 2011 and it drew about 200 people. I talked with and heard from several people there who had no idea what TNA was or who almost anyone on the card was and just came because there was wrestling in town for twenty bucks a seat. I have no idea how that promotion could be going for almost a decade at that point.

So who is going to be the one to put down $3 and share all of THIS with us?

• Exclusive, in-depth VIDEO interviews with wrestling’s biggest stars, conducted by Vince Russo!
  • Vince Russo’s Raw review every Monday
  • Vince Russo’s Smackdown review every Tuesday
  • Wrestling 101 w/ Professor Russo
  • Member access only blog posts, news, and analysis from Vince Russo and his team.
  • Behind-the-scenes, personal footage of Vince Russo as you’ve never seen him before.
  • Much, much more!

I can't imagine any more than a hundred people signing up for this. If THAT many. He might get some people out of morbid curiosity or people looking to rip it on message boards for laughs but I can't see too many people being THAT interested in him to pay even $3 a month for that stuff.

So who is going to be the one to put down $3 and share all of THIS with us?

• Vince Russo’s Smackdown review every Tuesday
  • Wrestling 101 w/ Professor Russo

These two are the funniest.

First, he is doing reviews based on spoilers not on the actually viewing. WTF?

Second, Professor Russo and wrestling 101??? That guy? Vince Russo???

In the Rock's book he said he sort of vetoed the idea of the guest referee during his match with Steve Austin at WrestleMania XV. I kinda think that's how things went during the years Russo booked the WWF, especially during the horrible year of 1999: the undercard guys were just happy to be doing anything and went along with Russo's plans while the top tier guys usually had to reign in his stupidity.

That said, didn't Russo say he wished he didn't have to have the in-ring stuff on TV or was that just something attributed to him?

And I've been known to be pretty goddamn foolish with money but I'd rather spend that three bucks on a cup of coffee I'm not going to finish than read or listen to any of Russo's opinions.

He probably cites the fact that WWE is still booking Kane in main events as proof they can't innovate like he used to do. I know he was saying that stuff in 2000.

I was such a huge WWF fan when I was 11/12 back in 1999 but man, that stuff has not aged well at all. I know that's not breaking news or anything, but I was shocked when I was re-watching a lot of the Raws from Classics on Demand last year. I know the 1999 PPV's were largely garbage because even as a kid I regretted all the ones I ordered, but the Raws are just terrible aside from Austin/Rock/Foley. I can actually pinpoint the jump the shark point... the episode before WrestleMania 15 when they decided to switch the IC and Hardcore Champions just to swerve everyone which in turn killed the feuds for each of those title pictures at WM 15. From that point on, the booking just got more and more illogical and things occurred at an increasingly breakneck pace. By the summer it was just horrendous with nothing being able settle and just one thing leading into another and blowing a month's+ worth of storylines into one show.