Pro Wrestling Only

Impact Cancelled

Dylan Waco

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, Jeff Jarrett has always pretty much sucked. TNA certainly wasn't anything special when he was around. Why would I have faith in him to do any better with Karen Angle by his side? Same as when I heard news about Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins wanting to get into pro-wrestling. That's great, but why would I watch? What's the hook? Just indie name guys & expecting them to put on good matches? What is going to make it better than NXT?

Guest Eduardo James

People always say that, but I look back at those years as being slightly better. There was..what? Samoa Joe's streak, LAX for about three months and Christian Cage. You still had to deal with Scott D'amore, Team Canada, 3Live Kru, Papparazzi Productions, Raven vs Larry Zbyszko, Planet Jarrett, Sting reappearing and bunch of other nonsense.

Reading all the news about this & replies on various wrestling forums, this is one of the most fun days I've ever had on the internet. I can't stop smiling! Just losing my shit. I'm legitimately happy about this news. I don't know if that's terrible or not but that's honestly how I feel. TNA is so far beneath WWE that I don't think it would happen, but if Steph or Triple H threw in a random, off hand throwaway comment tonight shitting on TNA that would be the grand finale to this knee-slapper of a day.

I kept trying to be surprised that there were so many "woe is us, you guys are so mean, leave TNA alone!!!!" types out there, but if they're dumb enough to love TNA, they're dumb enough to lament and defend it, I guess.

TNA had a pretty good product in 2005-2006 and that was the height of Jarrett as a creative force within the company.

Nostalgia has been kind to that period, but I remember people frustrated because they had all of this great young talent and the main events were still Jeff Jarrett against Monday Night War stars with 1998 WWF finishes. They could have really built a brand but in classic TNA fashion, they couldn't get out of the past.

One of the problems TNA has in getting a TV deal elsewhere at such short notice is that all of the stars that TV executives might have heard of have been driven off by their savage cost cutting (Hogan, Flair, Sting, etc.), already wanted to leave the company (Angle) or will be looking to WWE for a life jacket (Jeff Hardy, presumably).

All around me are familiar faces

Worn out places

Worn out faces

Bright and early for their daily races

Going nowhere

Going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses

No expression

No expression

Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow

No tomorrow

No tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had

I find it hard to tell you

I find it hard to take

When people run in circles it's a very very

Mad world

Mad world

Mad world

Mad world

Children waiting for the day they feel good

Happy birthday

Happy birthday

And to feel the way that every child should

Sit and listen

Sit and listen

Went to school and I was very nervous

No one knew me

No one knew me

Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson

Look right through me

Look right through me

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had

I find it hard to tell you

'Cos I find it hard to take

When people run in circles it's a very very

Mad world

Mad world

Mad World

Mad world

Basically there are TNA fans and people in and around the business who are running with the idea that Court made up and/or exaggerated the "Spike dropped TNA" story. I can't and won't go into too many details there, but I have a feeling this story is going to get really ugly in the coming days