Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam 2014

goodhelmet

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried watching the first 2 matches on my phone but it kept freezing. Never happened before.

AJ Lee vs. Paige

- Shit, I enjoyed this one even though it was brief. Pulling out the hair, the railing drop, nasty headbutts… Evil Paige offense is much better than smiley happy Paige. The push from AJ to Paige looked weak but the Doomsday Device from the top was solid. I thought the Black Widow was the end but I was wrong. Nasty ending to a fun match. No Diva sliding scale here.

0 for 3 on predictions so far.

Paige with a Bullet Club inspired cuddle after the match. This was a lot better than their Battleground match, and it really conveyed the chaotic nature of their feud. I wonder if passing the women's title back and forth will be a more regular thing, or if this is just because of Summer Slam.

AJ vs. Paige

I actually really enjoyed this and thought it was the best Paige has looked since debuting. Loved the finish but liked the knees on the apron, the hair pulling and the slam on the barricade. At this point though, they need to dispose of this "Frenemies" nonsense and just lean into "These two women fucking hate each other" territory. I wish Paige would also lean fully into her shit-eating persona because she's way better at it.

Rusev vs. Swagger

Fuck, I absolutely loved this. I don't think Swagger was particularly great but I thought Rusev was tremendous. The ankle selling was slightly spotty at times but I thought it played into the major spots in the match really well. Rusev's face during that last Cobra Clutch was awesome! A perfect "Jesus Christ, just fucking tap" face. All of Rusev's facial expressions are great, actually. He's becoming one of my favourite guys on the roster. Next, he's got to take the US belt