Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam 2014

goodhelmet

What's the point in having it Matt if it's going to get broken.

Normally I agree, especially the way they handle cage matches. This one worked because the idea is that Ambrose wants his hands on Rollins. He should he was willing to fight anyone and everyone in his way to make that happen.

We are going to just have to disagree on this.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the WWE network model we are going to have multiple matches with stips. If we aren't honoring them they mean nothing in the long run.

I fail to realize how the stip "meant nothing". It setup the final sequence and added to the "chaotic" vibe of the whole feud.

I expect the Street Fight or whatever gimmick match they are gonna have for NOC will be more decisive.

What's the point in having it Matt if it's going to get broken.

Normally I agree, especially the way they handle cage matches. This one worked because the idea is that Ambrose wants his hands on Rollins. He should he was willing to fight anyone and everyone in his way to make that happen.

We are going to just have to disagree on this.

They had it. The lumberjacks tried to enforce it. It's like having cage and then having Big Show rip the side off the cage. The fact that Ambrose defied the nature of the gimmick to get his hands on Rollins means something. It's not that they were just ignoring the gimmick. They were acknowledging it and they went well out of their way to show how effective it was in the beginning of the match. The end result of this put over Ambrose, Rollins, AND the gimmick. Ambrose, because he was insane enough to dive not at Rollins but at the other lumberjacks, Rollins, because he used his brains and won despite that, and the gimmick because now people will be way more excited the next time they announce a lumberjack match than they ever would have been before.