Pro Wrestling Only

The Nomination Thread for Tag Teams

Grimmas

All-in-all, they tagged 33 times -- which is actually 10 more than DiBiase and Williams, which no one would question.

I've done my due diligence.

That didn't sound accurate to me, so I gave it a quick check. Doc/DiBiase teamed over fifty times and that doesn't even count six man tags.

http://www.midatlanticgateway.com/resourcecenter/results/pages/results_dibiase.htm

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I wanted to nominate the Nasty Boys. In no way are they a number 1 contender or even a top 10 contender but I think they're clearly better than some of the teams already nominated and could absolutely make the tail end of my list. I chose some of Loss's reviews from the yearsbooks threads.

Nasty Boys vs Steiner Brothers Halloween Havoc 10/90

"I always thought this was a great spotfest brawl, and that's still true after watching it again. I think I like this better than the more talked about brawls with Cactus in '94, because it's chaotic, but also is still a fairly traditional tag match too."

Nasty Boys vs Cactus Jack and Maxx Payne Spring Stampede 4/94

"Insane brawl! My favorite moment is when Cactus is covering one of the Nasties and gets smacked with a surprise shovel out of nowhere. Ten minutes of mayhem. I see this and get pissed off at matches like these getting overdone and the spots getting gratuitous or being played for comedy like they were in the early 00s famed hardcore division. This was excellent, and felt more violent and unpredictable than most weapons-heavy brawls like this of the past decade. It's only 10 minutes, but there was no need for them to go longer."

Nasty Boys vs Cactus Jack and Kevin Sullivan Slamboree 5/94

"Pretty awesome wild brawl. Most people know this match well, so I won't walk through it, but I will say I liked it more than I expected to like it, even having really liked the Spring Stampede tag. The one thing I didn't care for was the way they set up Dave Schulz's altercation with Sags. But everything else was the bees knees, and the post-match angle with Payne and Evad getting their revenge was even better."

• 3 weeks later...

Since the Freebirds are nominated, I wanted to jump outside the traditional tag team box and nominate the Infernales. If we had more footage probably all of the versions could be nominated but I'll go with Satanico/MS-1/Pirata Morgan version. Reviews in the 80s Lucha forum.

I wanted to nominate another group that isn't a traditional tag team. I love what I've seen so far from The Sheiks (Jerry Blackwell, Ken Patera, Sheik Adnan al-Kaissie) and I could see them doing really well if/when I see more footage.

Since the Freebirds are nominated, I wanted to jump outside the traditional tag team box and nominate the Infernales. If we had more footage probably all of the versions could be nominated but I'll go with Satanico/MS-1/Pirata Morgan version. Reviews in the 80s Lucha forum.

Already nominated under an incorrect name, fixed now.

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/29027-los-infernaros/

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...