pol

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody seen the recent IWGP Tag Team Title Match between FTR and Aussie Open from NJPW “Royal Quest?” 

Apparently it was taped on 10/01 in England, but just got released on New Japan World this past weekend. The match is getting a lot of praise online…people are calling it a MOTYC. Some people are even saying it is better than the matches FTR had with The Briscoes, although I find that hard to believe. But Dax Harwood recently said it might be in his personal Top 3 matches FTR has had in their careers.

Just curious if anybody here at PWO had seen it, and what you thought? I have recently been considering subscribing to New Japan World, especially with those New York shows coming up.

8 minutes ago, WingedEagle said:

I thought it was a great match but the hype coming out of it didn't do it any favors.  I've preferred FTR's matches with the Briscoes, DIY and Bucks.  This was great but not an all timer.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. :)

It’s hard to believe FTR had that match with The Bucks on Dynamite, two classics with The Briscoes and now this match, all in the same year.

For my money, I don’t know if anything will ever surpass that 2/3 falls against DIY in Toronto. That and the first Briscoes match are probably my favourite FTR matches of all time.

Eddie Kingston tagging with Okada on NJPW's NYC show tomorrow, against Jay White & Juice Robinson. Give me Kingston vs Jay White all day, every day.

Aussie Open vs MCMG and some people I don't know should be really good too. Some women's matches on the show too, so that is beginning too.

And Muta having a last match at a NJPW show (the STARDOM joint show no less) in a rather random three ways (but then again, don't want him in a shitty singles match) that should be quite the celebration anyway. He's the last of his generation (well, with Sting I guess).

Thought what I saw of today's show was good. Naito-Ospreay had a better match than the G1 match, and Shooter returning as Ospreay's next challenger was pretty fun.

FTR-United Empire was good, not great, but just seeing a fresh semi-main event on a New Japan was a real reminder of why the company was so hot a few years ago. Aussie Open confronting them and suggesting they're going to do a rematch at the Tokyo Dome is pretty exciting.

14 hours ago, El-P said:

Hopefully that means a nice WK show with lots of variety and new matches. Is Lance Archer even still under AEW contract ? Good for him he's booked in Japan again. 

He is, but since returning from the G1, he was only in a battle royal on Rampage and then spent October doing squashes on Dark. But he'll be back on Rampage this week, in a likely loss against Ricky Starks

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the NJPW x STARDOM show and it was pretty good. They did a good job breaking down the stables/angles/titles for people unfamiliar with STARDOM and of course KAIRI brought it in the main event. 

Of course the biggest news was Kenny Omega appearing (on screen) after the US title match and challenging Will Ospreay for WK.