Pro Wrestling Only

Hell In A Cell - Live As It Happens

goodhelmet

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I applaud the effort it must take to find a way to crap all over this great show. That's some serious will power to deny what have to be creeping feelings of joy. When the guys at Segunda Caida are loving something, and you're too cool for school, might be time to reevaluate things.

That was a better and more entertaining show than anything I've seen this year.

You're right. People who love wrestling in a huge variety of forms and generally praise WWE are just desperately trying to be cool by hating on this show. That's exactly it.

Sorry you can't enjoy something you claim to love. That must honestly be an awful feeling. It makes me sad to think about it.

Get outta here with that shit. If a show sucks, I'm dumping on it. I thought this was in the middle but it certainly wasn't some grandiose fantastic show like you're trying to make it out to be.

You're in the minority. I guess EVERYONE ELSE is wrong? LOL.... fuck outta here.

The minority. Fans all over the internet were loving this show, though not the finish. Perhaps the minority of people who want to convince themselves Great Khali is a great wrestler or whatever the counter intuitive movement of the moment is.

I was wrong. 2012 had the Ryback Punk screwjob. Three years in a row!

Is it remotely possible since we know they like trolling people now, that they are repeating the "mistakes" that were made with Daniel Bryan with Dean Ambrose on purpose?

This way when we hit Royal Rumble and everyone "Batista's" Roman Reigns, they can either say "Fuck You, were doing it our way this time, look what happened with the last guy" or they can swerve us and give Ambrose the win to play the "Fuck You, we knew what we were doing all along" card.

Just a thought.

The minority. Fans all over the internet were loving this show, though not the finish. Perhaps the minority of people who want to convince themselves Great Khali is a great wrestler or whatever the counter intuitive movement of the moment is.

There's a difference between disagreeing with people, even passionately, and insulting them. You would do well to learn it.

Oh, so it's the "we're all just a hivemind!" defense?

It's okay to like that show. I didn't. I don't see what's so offensive about disliking this show.

Exactly. I didn't care for the show either. This show isn't a show that you would put up on the Wrestlemania 17, Superbrawl 2,GAB 89, or Spring Stampede 94 where you're shocked people didn't like. This is a card that had some hits, some misses, and a lot of in between.

It's okay to like that show. I didn't. I don't see what's so offensive about disliking this show.

Exactly. I didn't care for the show either. This show isn't a show that you would put up on the Wrestlemania 17, Superbrawl 2,GAB 89, or Spring Stampede 94 where you're shocked people didn't like. This is a card that had some hits, some misses, and a lot of in between.

I guess if your worldview involves comparing every show to the very best shows ever you will be consistently disappointed.

I think it's interesting to watch wrestling fans in their various environments. This is one for the most extreme fans. It's quite a thing.

You haven't refuted any points made here. Interesting.

What is there to "refute?" You didn't like something that was self-evidently awesome. I'm not prepared to debate that with you. I'll take you at your word that you didn't like it. That's sad to me though.

This wasn't even the best WWE show of the last few months, let alone of the year or if you add in other federations too.

WrestlingForum.com, not great for discussion mind you but has a huge influx of posters. After every PPV they do a "rate this PPV" thread. Right now, 5/10 is leading that poll with 20% of the votes. That doesn't seem like a "great" show to me. Opinions vary & certainly if someone liked it, more power to them. For me though:

I thought the Bellas did well. They exceeded my expectations.

I thought Rusev/Show & the tag match were pretty good too.

Miz/Sheamus, I missed. AJ/Paige left a lot to be desired & was just there.

Main event was disappointing. Too convoluted & a bad finish.

2/3 falls match needed more time.

Cena/Orton was too long & just featured a lot of kicking out of finishes to add fake drama.

That's like the whole show. That's just "meh" to me. Not one outstanding match and a few that underperformed. Elimination Chamber earlier this year killed this show. So did Wrestlemania.

On the advise of my buddy, who recorded it for me, I skipped right to the main event.

I thought they did a good job of making their first real chance to main event count, especially Ambrose' revenge spots like the chair shots to the back, and setting up the curb stomp on the blocks. I thought the finish was pretty much horseshit, but that doesn't detract from Ambrose and Rollins' overall efforts. I don't think I'd put this near MOTY levels, but it worked for me for what it was.

Headed to bed, I'll check out the rest of the show in the AM.

I think it's interesting to watch wrestling fans in their various environments. This is one for the most extreme fans. It's quite a thing.

You haven't refuted any points made here. Interesting.

What is there to "refute?" You didn't like something that was self-evidently awesome. I'm not prepared to debate that with you. I'll take you at your word that you didn't like it. That's sad to me though.

Look, I enjoy your work and respect your opinions. I'm glad you liked the show. If you care to talk about why, please do. But don't come here just to be an asshole to people who had a different reaction. That's a shitty way to be, and you're too smart not to recognize that you're trolling.

I work for the biggest wrestling site on the planet beyond WWE.com. 500,000+ fans read my SummerSlam review. That's not a boast, more just to tell you that I have a pretty good idea what regular wrestling fans are thinking. It's not often what you are thinking. Which is fine.

Wait, are you the guy who writes for Bleacher Report?

I pointed out the reason I didn't like the show was because the one thing I wanted to see (Ambrose revenge on Rollins, finally getting the blowoff) did not happen. And this is the third year in a row they booked a fuck finish in HIAC, which is supposed to be THE blowoff match.