Pro Wrestling Only

Hell In A Cell - Live As It Happens

goodhelmet

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still really into the Rhodes' brothers. I love watching Stardust interact with various heels that he's teaming with, and as crazy as it sounds, Dustin really needs this heel run to bolster his career versatility marks, since he's never had a really great heel run before and he's doing pretty well with his role.

96 Goldust doesn't qualify as a good/great heel run? He did have fans sending him threats at one point.

He doesn't have the matches. For 96, There's the brawl with Piper and the ladder match with Michaels, but not a hell of a lot else. KOTR with Johnson is a hell of a spectacle and such great gimmick work from Dustin, but that's revisionist thought. There's some okay stuff with Vega and Mero but not enough. The matches just aren't there for the level of run he needed.

Dolph v. Cesaro was garbage. Absolute trash. Outdated RVD/Jerry Lynn tribute spots, a stupid finish to the first fall, a complete waste of the gimmick, poorly booked, several awkward/overly complicated spots, et. I appreciated that the armwork mattered and the work itself was fine for the most part, but the way they laid the match out was almost the exact opposite of anything I would have wanted to see for those two, in that setting, working that gimmick.

I thought the Cesaro-Ziggler match was ok. Not worth hating, not worth loving. The first fall in particular looked a lot different than most WWE matches and then Cesaro did a great job selling the arm. Dolph did good to go after it. I don't care if it didn't go to a third fall, I think it's dumb to have every 2/3 falls go to a third fall. Out of context that match is better than it is in-context. Ziggler ate a ton of offense and survived it, which makes sense if he was booked like a legitimate champion. He won't be.

Brie vs. Nikki was short but pretty sweet. The sister that looks like she could break the other one in half won, so thumbs up.

The Bellas have to be the worst actresses to ever get notable work in a WWE ring. Everything they did looked choreographed. Even them trying to get the crowd involved looked bad, imo.

Not as choreographed as the "1-2-3-4" dance routine in the previous match

I missed the bulk of that match because of Network issues.

Can't believe how much I enjoyed the Bellas' match. That dropkick was awesome and I liked the finish as well.

Still trying to figure out the opener. The near falls felt incredibly forced and sloppy, I didn't really buy into the arm work and all that worked for me were Cesaro's signature spots. I hope they have something in mind for either/both of them because I don't get Dolph wining 2 consecutive falls if they'll both be back to business as usual tomorrow night.

I liked the tag match the most so far. Not really saying too much but the end half was fun. Even if not terriby original compared to other Uso matches. Goldust working most the match helped.

I did like the new blue added to Cody's outfit. So I'll give him that!

The Rhodes Bros. didn't work that match like heels at all though.