Pro Wrestling Only

PWO-PTBN Roundtable: WWE.com's Top 50 Heels in Wrestling History - Part 2

http://placetobenation.com/pwo-ptbn-roundtable-wwe-coms-top-50-heels-in-wrestling-history-part2/

avatars-000100292376-b985w1-t500x500.jpg

Inspired by the Squared Circle Gazette Radio's recent show on the same topic, Parv (Titans of Wrestling, Where the Big Boys Play), Will (Good Will Wrestling, Wrestling with the Past), Johnny (Titans of Wrestling), and Steven Graham (Pro Wrestling Super Show) converge for this epic one-off roundtable to provide an alternative take on WWE.com's Top 50 Heels in Wrestling History. In this second part, they run through 20 down to 1. Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night.

20. Edge
19. Jim Cornette
18. Killer Kowalski
17. Mr. Perfect
16. Sherri Martel
15. Chris Jericho
14. The (Original) Sheik
13. The Fabulous Freebirds
12. JBL
11. Rick Rude
10. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
9. Gorgeous George
8. Bobby Heenan
7."Superstar" Billy Graham
6.Triple H
5."Hollywood" Hogan
4.The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase
3. Vince McMahon
2. Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen
1. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

I couldn't remember Will doing a Triple H impression (it was a long night), so I went back to listen to that bit. Man, that was one of the more intense and heated debates we've ever had on a show. For those short on time, or backed up on podcasts or whatever, I've isolated that 10 minutes here for quick access:

I can't wait to get your guys' lists in part 3. I think it was Will who suggested Tatum as a replacement for Gordy and Johnny who said it wouldn't have worked because Gordy and Hayes had grown up together. Coincidentally Tatum and Hayes actually grew up together too.

Well so was Percy Pringle. If it'd been a team of Hayes, Tatum and Pringle as the Birds, it'd have been forgettable. Haha.

I thought this got really fascinating with the DiBiase talk. Will's point of view - watching him in Mid-South, then thinking he's a just another character in WWF - was interesting, and contrasted so sharply with Parv's love for Million Dollar Man and general mid-to-late 80s WWF kitsch. Attacking Parv's youth and the general 'you weren't there man, you'll never know' tone was amusing. As was the counter-accusation of anti-WWF snobbery by Parv.

With this, and Parv's noncommital response to whether NWA could have been bigger in the 80s on the Hogan show (I thought Will had him when he started quoting Great American Bash attendences...), I think there's a very interesting podcast waiting to happen on the generational differences in perspective.