Pro Wrestling Only

Good Will Wrestling: WrestleMania Week (Show #7 Hall of Fame Reaction Show Posted)

soup23

It's WrestleMania week and we're doing Mania themed shows the entire week! On today's show, Will is joined by Pete (Titans of Wrestling) and Steven Graham (The Super Show) and each of us construct the greatest Mania card of all time using the all time great matches in Mania history. ​

http://placetobenation.com/good-will-wrestling-building-the-perfect-wrestlemania/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but I got to say I gotta go with Pete's first card as my favorite. I was surprised at how Lashley vs. Umaga was prevalent as well as Flair vs. HBK as those are the type of matches I think are unconventional for a super show like this but could be good buffers when constructing a card.

Steven's all beef card was something to behold but after reading his booking on PTBN the past few weeks, I am no surprised.

Show #2: Bad Booking in WrestleMania History Part 1

Will is joined by Pete (Titans of Wrestling), Dave Musgrave (Wrestling Culture), and Johnny P (Barbedwirecity.com) to discuss the worst booking decisions in WrestleMania history. We take a look at Mania 1-15 and the matches that should have been booked and the ones we wished we never saw. ​

http://placetobenation.com/good-will-wrestling-bad-booking-in-wrestlemania-history-part-1/

I hate to say it but I got to say I gotta go with Pete's first card as my favorite. I was surprised at how Lashley vs. Umaga was prevalent as well as Flair vs. HBK as those are the type of matches I think are unconventional for a super show like this but could be good buffers when constructing a card.

Steven's all beef card was something to behold but after reading his booking on PTBN the past few weeks, I am no surprised.

I hate to say it. LMAO no respect around here. lol

Great show!

Regarding the Owen situation at X, I’ve got a different opinion than you guys. I actually think it works much better for Owen’s character that they didn’t build him up going into this. Bret unintentionally buries Owen by not wanting to wrestle him. Bret’s reasoning was that he would never go to war with flesh and blood, but Owen took it as Bret didn’t want to stoop down to Owen’s level. Owen needed to be portrayed as a beneath guy for the angle to work. If they had Owen plowing through guys leading into this, you lose that context. Owen makes himself during the match by keeping up with Bret. Owen was always portrayed as a talented guy, but he was lacking the mean streak to be a top guy. Bret ignited that spark in Owen. He needed to debut that mean streak at Mania, Bret was the guy he hated. I don’t think it works as well if he debuts his mean streak on Savage or Tatanka or whoever.

I’m not sure if all of that was done intentionally but I always dug it and thought it worked out perfect.

I dunno, I was in the prime of my viewing as a kid with this stuff so a lot of this is through rose colored glasses but I totally believed Owen could take Bret's belt since he was such a cheating sleazebag. Does Owen as a serious contender really bump business that much? I really don't think there was much they could do to pump up numbers in 1994.