Pro Wrestling Only

Good Will Wrestling: WrestleMania Week (Show #7 Hall of Fame Reaction Show Posted)

soup23

I kind of wonder if the booking of the match itself hurt Owen's ability to draw. To this day, I have heard two theories regarding the finish 1) that Owen countered the victory roll because no one knew Bret better than him or 2) Owen got lucky and just collapsed on top of his brother. I wonder if it had been more obvious that Owen was doing something intentional and moved the finish to something like a low blow or grabbing the ropes, if it would have led to a different outcome regarding the push.

One thing about that WrestleMania I also don't like is the banana peal finish to the main event where Yoko just falls off the ropes for no reason. I never got that finish.

Booking wise compared to today, I think comparing everything to being "as bad as Daniel Bryan" kind of misses the larger point that nothing is working right now and the entire show is in shambles. I don't think D. Bryan's not being in the main event is even the biggest problem right now looking at the build. Its just this shapeless mess of a card.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad Booking in WrestleMania History Part 2:

Will is joined by Pete (Titans of Wrestling) & Dave Musgrave (Wrestling Culture) to discuss the worst booking decisions in WrestleMania history. We take a look at Mania 16-30 and the matches that should have been booked and the ones we wished we never saw. We also have a heated discussion on the role of the World Title at Mania and compare Daniel Bryan to other past Mania main eventers.

http://placetobenation.com/good-will-wrestling-bad-booking-in-wrestlemania-history-part-2/

Not far in but I actually think Bruno was a draw in 86. Didn't they bring him back in to anchor Philly and Boston cards when Hogan wasn't drawing repeat business?

Bruno-Piper was a hot program in late '85-early '86. Their cage match in Boston is a totally crazy hybrid: an extremely violent, bloody brawl built around comedy spots, Piper stooging, and Bruno punching Piper in the balls. Bruno was old, but still knew what to do and did it well. Reminiscent of present-day Negro Navarro or Satanico.

WrestleMania vs. Starrcade

Will is joined by Pete & Parv (Titans of Wrestling) and Kris Zellner (Exile on Badstreet) to compare the two flagship shows of the NWA and WWF. We run through the first decade of each show, decide which company had the better show each year and decide the best and worst shows of the bunch.

http://placetobenation.com/good-will-wrestling-wrestlemania-vs-starrcade/

Loving the shows so far. About to dive in to the Starrcade one shortly.

I don't know if this is the right place to mention this, but I just finished listening to Will's appearance on the Place to be Nation's The Main Event show, and I don't think I've ever found myself shaking my head in disagreement as much when listening to a podcast. As well as coming across as being genuinely unlikable, the dude who spent the majority of the show at odds with Will appeared to have a completely opposite philosophy on wrestling to myself. Whether it was towing the WWE company line, or just being sucked in by their rhetoric, I got the impression he could easily be on their payroll. I think it was mentioned that he used to be employed by them at one point or another. If it wasn't for a couple of the other guests and the host holding it together, I would have had to tap out after five minutes.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else felt a similar way.

Loving the shows so far. About to dive in to the Starrcade one shortly.

I don't know if this is the right place to mention this, but I just finished listening to Will's appearance on the Place to be Nation's The Main Event show, and I don't think I've ever found myself shaking my head in disagreement as much when listening to a podcast. As well as coming across as being genuinely unlikable, the dude who spent the majority of the show at odds with Will appeared to have a completely opposite philosophy on wrestling to myself. Whether it was towing the WWE company line, or just being sucked in by their rhetoric, I got the impression he could easily be on their payroll. I think it was mentioned that he used to be employed by them at one point or another. If it wasn't for a couple of the other guests and the host holding it together, I would have had to tap out after five minutes.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else felt a similar way.

The "do you know it's scripted?" question kinda pissed me off. Specially the second time he made that same question. Will didn't care though so that made it a fun listen, good back and forth from two very different mindsets.

I kinda wished Dylan was on that panel though, I don't think he would've been able to hold it together :lol:

Forgot to mention this, but on the first show, Will's burial of marriage was awesome. "It's not about love". Ha ha ha.

I was so shocked by that statement I didn't even have a comeback at the time.

He kind of has a point, that it's about more than love. However marriage without love seems bizarre to me.

Then again, my wife and I have been a sickening in love couple since 2007 so we may be an exception.