Pro Wrestling Only

RAW 3/30/15 Reaction Thread

goodhelmet

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Building up the surprise partner in the main event after there were already two NXT debuts only to have it be Roman has to be either a middle finger to the "Smart" post Mania crowd or the biggest "Vince is out of touch" moment to date.

Of course they also decided to give Michael Cole kayfabe cervical spine injuries a little more than a week after Perrito's death so who knows.

putting Saxton out there alone on commentary.........that had to be a rib, right? If it was an inside joke/rib or something at least it makes sense knowing how WWE operates.....if not......what were they thinking? He was so channel changing bad......I start watching the show on mute. They finally sent Lawler out there who like him or not......he can talk and carried the show while Saxton was just bombing out there.

They have Renee Young backstage......Corey Graves.......Jason Albert (maybe he was in Florida)....but lots of people they could have put there to work with Byron. Byron is perfectly acceptable to me on the roundtables and when he was doing NXT.......but he was put in a position to fail there and it was brutal.

How many announcers all-time can carry a show by themselves with no colour man? I can count them on one hand.

All in all......what a strange RAW. Steph killed the opening segment (not in the good killin' it way) and Brock coming out at 9 telegraphed that the match wasn't actually happening and they were writing Brock off. I was thinking about how they would write Brock off and I kind of figured they'd go the suspension route because no physical beatdown is believable at this point with this unkillable monster they've built.......but I don't know........I didn't really like it in execution. Killing the announcers and attacking a camera man was cool.....but he just walks to the back afterwards......something felt off with the whole angle from the very start of the show to me.

Bryan and Ziggler had an excellent match, will enjoy them working with each other as long as they space it out and don't do it every single week. I guess with Wade and Sheamus involved they can do different matches and tags and a 4-way and throw in some other guys too. For Bryan's first match as IC Champ it was very strong I thought....loved the amateur and counter wrestling mat stuff.......Bryan maneuvering out of grappling into a headstand in Dolph's lap and Dolph giving him a short piledriver was a really cool spot I've never seen done before

Ambrose and Cena was fun.....kinda paint by numbers for the body of it but after that fucked up sunset flip powerbomb spot it looked like Dean got legit pissed and just took the match over himself and was like "fuck you Cena, I'm in the drivers seat, let's get this crowd hot" and it led to a great finishing stretch. And Dean on his first attempt does a better STFU than Cena has ever done. Cena seemed kinda pissed after the match too. Would like to see a rematch.

Kalisto was instantly over. Neville (just Neville, no first name, lol) looked good and I don't mind that he beat Axl because all Axl has to do is show up next week and rant about Axlmania running wild and he's still over. It's a comedy gimmick.

Sandow didn't look good IMO. In the WM thread some people were saying he should have won the battle royale and I thought they were insane. I don't think he's going to float as a babyface without the Mizdow stuff. He's just not that great of a wrestler where I can buy him hanging with any of the top guys. He's best served in a comedy role or in a tag team.

the Main Event was an abortion and WWE is insanely stupid for booking that match and thinking it wouldn't get anything but shit on by that crowd. After teasing them with Brock vs. Seth they main event with Kane, Big Show, Ryback and Roman Reigns. And like, are they actively trying to kill Roman Reigns? what terrible use of him on this show

a few bright spots but all in all a bizarre and shitty RAW. After the home run they hit with WM this brought me back to earth and "yep, same ol shit" territory

Oh, and if you watched the post-show with Sting on WWE Net........lol. Bo Dallas?!!? I hope that is Sting's last time in a WWE ring because after that I'd be like "fuck this company"

Well at Mania the camera angle inadvertently showed they weren't connecting, but yes the point remains. It's mind boggling they make a point to reference their past medical issues as well. I wonder if this is some "WWE branded Sports Entertainers are tougher than pussy football and hockey players" stuff from Vince.

That Brock deal was an awesome angle but they are SO stupid for not having it close the show. Doing it so early in the show exposed that there wasn't going to be a match, they should have left it until the end. Then you don't totally kill the momentum with Byron Saxton doing the show alone for all that time.

I tried to watch NXT but I really didn't get into it so this was my first time seeing Kalisto and WOW that dude is going to be a star.

Also, fuck this crowd for still shitting on Roman Reigns after they all watched him have that incredible match with Brock at Mania. Not that WWE did him any favors with the terrible booking of the main event.

The crowd was supposed to bury Reigns, because he's the victim of a political hit.

The entire show was booked to the crowd. Everything. Up until the main event. It is impossible to believe that they booked that entire show and that main event without knowing what would happen in the main event. The crowd is supposed to shit on Roman. He's meant to be rejected.

The crowd was supposed to bury Reigns, because he's the victim of a political hit.

The entire show was booked to the crowd. Everything. Up until the main event. It is impossible to believe that they booked that entire show and that main event without knowing what would happen in the main event. The crowd is supposed to shit on Roman. He's meant to be rejected.

if that is the goal......after how good he looked at WM......that is retarded

And I don't think that is the goal with Roman tbh.....I just think that whole RAW was a clusterfuck and exposed how badly out of touch they are with the audience

At this point I would rather just believe Dylan's conspiracy theory because it makes more sense that they would book the post Mania show that terribly on purpose rather than by accident. This is usually the 1 week per year you can actually expect them to put something good together.

Oh, and them focusing so heavily on the crowd doing the wave pretty much signaled "look at how much everyone doesn't care about this shit" if you couldn't already tell from the chants.

The were in touch with the audience on every other thing on the show. Everything. You could argue the Divas match I guess, but I think it's clear they were pandering to the "give divas a chance" thing assuming this crowd would be hot for it (and in a sense they were as at times during the match they got real responses from the crowd, much more than normal anyhow).

It is absolutely impossible to believe that the ONLY thing this company was clueless/out of touch with last night was the portrayal of the guy who they are allegedly trying to push as the top guy to the point where they did something that any sentient being on the planet knew would inflame the rejectionists.

It has to be intentional. The alternative is to believe that the entire writing team has a blind spot that is uniquely, all time level bad when it comes to Reigns and Reigns alone. Basically in order to believe this isn't intention you have to believe the writing team/decision makers regress to Cro-Magnon status solely for Reigns segments.

I was chatting with Dylan about this and thought I'd make a post about it here. We can bump this in a year and maybe I'll look foolish or maybe I'll look clairvoyant. Either way, here's my theory.

They are systematically taking every top act in the company down a notch because they want HHH and Stephanie to be the biggest stars in the company heading into Wrestlemania 32. They can book Brock Lesnar as invincible, but he's not around every week threatening to overshadow them, so no harm, no foul. That's why Roman Reigns is being booked how he is and was set up to fail since his return. That's why Daniel Bryan and John Cena have been phased down the card. It's probably even why Rusev has been cooled off and why Undertaker coming back from his first-ever Wrestlemania loss was not even treated as a big deal. Brock Lesnar is gone and Seth Rollins might just end up a heel champ for the next year because he's a safe choice and his on-screen role is to be submissive to The Authority anyway.

We will keep hearing in newsletters how the company is still "solidly behind" Reigns, yet the details of his presentation will never bear that out. Seth Rollins will feud with Randy Orton. Orton will not win the title, but he'll be strongly protected in not winning it. Perhaps Bray Wyatt will cost him the win out of nowhere and he'll move on to that feud. Roman Reigns will not be protected in losing, yet it will be reported that whatever finish they decided upon was crafted with the idea that they were protecting him, and they are shocked that it backfired.

At this point I would rather just believe Dylan's conspiracy theory because it makes more sense that they would book the post Mania show that terribly on purpose rather than by accident. This is usually the 1 week per year you can actually expect them to put something good together.

So next week Vince McMahon opens the show and HHH and Steph talk him into the old folks home?

Eh, Flair in the loony bin was entertaining, I could enjoy crazy wacky old Vince in the old folks home skits