Pro Wrestling Only

Best YouTube & Dailymotion Channels

Loss

If you haven't checked it out yet, GAEA's YouTube channel has been uploading stuff at a fairly regular rate. The uploading was scattershot at first but they've seemed to settled into a regular chronological order now. At the moment they are in the middle of 1998 so they should be up to Lioness Asuka showing up to kick off the well known GAEA/SSU feud. Unfortunately it only looks like the footage they kept was what was used for either TV or comm tapes, so there is a fair number of matches that are joined in progress or clipped.

Also, this channel here has older joshi from various companies and eras. A far bit of it is matches that either haven't been uploaded or have been taken down elsewhere. 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

q8wrestling (YouTube channel). 

Recent uploads : Inoki v Schultz, Piper v Orndorff, RnRs/Fantastics v Steiners/Koloff/Russian Assassin (1988), Ladd v Kamala, Andre v Schultz, Snuka v Stevens (MSG 1982).

Highly recommended site. Apologies if it's been mentioned before.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc5R-h6_v6ZaEah1V4NT-zg

Former pro Louis Laurence has been transferring his old films to dvd and then to youtube. It's got some awesome and unique matchups including Mad Dog Vachon vs. Abdullah the Butcher from Montreal, Andre vs Roddy Piper from MLG, Ed Carpentier vs. Hulk Hogan from Montreal, Abby vs. Andre from Montreal, Gino Brito, Rick Martel, and tons more. It's all silent film style clips, some are longer than others, but lots of unique and "new" things filmed back in the day.

I ran across this via the FB group for Cannon's Superstars, and I remember Laurence from the TV occasionally back then.

He's posting new clip transfers once or twice a week right now, so it's work bookmarking.

9 hours ago, khawk20 said:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc5R-h6_v6ZaEah1V4NT-zg

Former pro Louis Laurence has been transferring his old films to dvd and then to youtube. It's got some awesome and unique matchups including Mad Dog Vachon vs. Abdullah the Butcher from Montreal, Andre vs Roddy Piper from MLG, Ed Carpentier vs. Hulk Hogan from Montreal, Abby vs. Andre from Montreal, Gino Brito, Rick Martel, and tons more. It's all silent film style clips, some are longer than others, but lots of unique and "new" things filmed back in the day.

I ran across this via the FB group for Cannon's Superstars, and I remember Laurence from the TV occasionally back then.

He's posting new clip transfers once or twice a week right now, so it's work bookmarking.

That punch exchange at 3:30 between Vachon and Rougeau Sr. with Vachon bleeding from his eye was pretty sick. Too bad there's no proper footage.

It's great to see that footage from the Montreal territory resurfacing again, considering there isn't really much that actually exist anymore (those were put together in a series of DVDs called "The Golden Age of Quebec Wrestling") so I'll take any new Easter egg I can find!

I know this isn't YouTube or Dailymotion but ... for those who are interested, the ENTIRE Herb Abrams UWF library is up on Internet Archive. It includes two versions of the Beach Brawl PPV (the live version and the home video version), a couple unreleased shows and the full Blackjack Brawl event. The only thing's not posted there are their VHS compilation tapes.

https://archive.org/details/HerbAbramsUWF/

Side note: I'm only posting this because today (June 9th) is the anniversary of the Beach Brawl show.

• 8 months later...

Might as well throw a few out that I've talked (and not talked about) on here!

プロレスダイジェスト M.2

This is one of my secret weapons when it comes to AJPW/Kings Road research, especially for 1998/2000 work. The guy stuck up the entire 6+ hour omnibus for those years, meaning some of the usual matches are there with clipping alongside a lot of matches that are either otherwise impossible to find or were only featured here. If you just like the usual highlight stuff then this'll not be essential, but if you want to REALLY dive into everything AJPW and get some essential matches for lesser known stars, this is your ticket.

John Gjoni

Mostly grungy indies. You can find a lot of his stuff elsewhere, but it helps to have a easy way to find it without searching the depths of the Earth.

Pro Wrestling Gold Mine

More indies, including very rare looks at Super Dragon, Hardy Bros and a lot more.

hirochan60

Is mostly non-wrestling and random sumo stuff (alongside very, erm, questionable vids) but has a ton of camcorder Inoki/RJPW/Onita content that wasn't televised/is VERY difficult to find publicly, namely stuff like the UWF/FMW feud and whatnot. You take what you get. 

Andy Fitzgerald

Lots of comps, useful for quick finding of rare matches.

BotchStylePiledriver

Lots of particularly rare NOAH matches that have been either lost to time or mostly not really uploaded.

Hallo Riched

Near full collection of HEAT/Velocity shows from 2002 to 2004. Real helpful for finding certain great short sprints for guys who usually didn't get good TV time.

Indy Handshake

More fun indies, especially from the late 1990's crowd.

Japan Wrestling Classics

For some reason this channel has randomly got full versions of AJPW matches I've seen nowhere else. Not sure why, not sure how, but it's there and I really appreciated it being there because I got some great late 90's AJPW found as a result.

5 hours ago, Ma Stump Puller said:

Japan Wrestling Classics

For some reason this channel has randomly got full versions of AJPW matches I've seen nowhere else. Not sure why, not sure how, but it's there and I really appreciated it being there because I got some great late 90's AJPW found as a result.

Looks like stuff from AJPW's show on Samurai TV which I think started in '97 or so. That was a 1-hour slot showing some different undercard matches and full versions of matches that were JIP on the 30-minute show. That stuff isn't easily found except from a certain Western PA-area tape seller.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/20/2023 at 10:15 PM, dkuchler31096 said:

The GAORA YouTube channel is doing something similar with the post 1990s AJPW, Dragon Gate, Osaka Pro and Wrestle-1. Those playlists are well worth the eye.

https://youtube.com/@GAORATV

There's also GAORA's defunct AJPW channel which has a massive archive of late Muto-era raw matches and footage. Considering how rare anything from this era is, it's pretty great.

• 2 months later...
On 2/17/2023 at 2:26 PM, Ma Stump Puller said:

プロレスダイジェスト M.2

This is one of my secret weapons when it comes to AJPW/Kings Road research, especially for 1998/2000 work. The guy stuck up the entire 6+ hour omnibus for those years, meaning some of the usual matches are there with clipping alongside a lot of matches that are either otherwise impossible to find or were only featured here. If you just like the usual highlight stuff then this'll not be essential, but if you want to REALLY dive into everything AJPW and get some essential matches for lesser known stars, this is your ticket.

I just started watching this channel, and it's really scratching the itch. I love the digest format, and it's clear enough that you can follow the storylines even though it's all in Japanese (it helps that All Japan storylines barely count as such). I like seeing what was going on, but I don't necessarily want to sit through four entire No Fear matches, so this is perfect.

1 hour ago, William Bologna said:

I just started watching this channel, and it's really scratching the itch. I love the digest format, and it's clear enough that you can follow the storylines even though it's all in Japanese (it helps that All Japan storylines barely count as such). I like seeing what was going on, but I don't necessarily want to sit through four entire No Fear matches, so this is perfect.

I'm glad you're liking it! Was a ton of fun going through all of them and seeing cool little gems from members of the roster who otherwise would've never showed up in their usual TV slot.

I would also like to add in some additional resources for anyone reading:

RedLeaf Retrocast

Tons of rare Dark Age (2000-2015) Joshi puro here. Very helpful given the general problems trying to find good sources for these kind of matches.

I may be cheating with the next two because they aren't from YT/Dailymotion but that's life, I suppose. 

King Kaz Hayashi AJPW Collection

9 HOURS of Kaz Hayashi matches. If you're a madly dedicated person and you really want to see one of the most unsung Jr heavyweights of all time do his thing for longer than multiple feature-length movies combined then this is absolutely for you. Especially good given 2000's AJPW is very rare.

Puromall

Solid comps

• 2 weeks later...

I mostly lurk here (though I made a post before*). However, I thought I would give some channel recommendations if anyone's interested. I apologise beforehand if these were already posted.

signsquad

Old school European wrestling stuff, mostly from Germany and Austria. Content may vary

"Lone Wolf" Bobby Blade

Mostly old school Kentucky wrestling stuff.

Crusher Bones FOREVER

Similar to Bobby Blade's channel but it also covers different indies outside Kentucky.

Indy Wrestling Flashback

This is from a contact of mine. Posts indie matches from the 2000s. Made in honor of Jon Barber.

* - I made a post sharing my indie wrestling entrance themes listed though I deleted it a year later due to not getting feedback. Back then, when I didn't get feedback despite having a entrance music section, I deleted the message/post. Nowadays, I just leave it as that and move on. I'd post it again if there's some interest but I personally wanted to share these YT channels as I want to highlight the random wrestling stuff I can find. Hope anyone finds these channels useful.

• 1 month later...

(Apologies if this one was already posted)

I came across a channel that goes by the name of Starhound, who uploaded shows from a Kentucky defunct promotion called Old School Wrestling.

According to this article, this is where Chuck Taylor and Ricochet got their starts.

Here's the link/playlist.

No idea if anyone's interested though.

• 1 month later...

Not sure where else to throw this up, but I found this on a 1985 Vancouver all star wrestling disc tonight. 
I had no idea this existed. Mad Dog vs Crusher was the all time AWA blood feud, and this was likely one of their last battles before Vachon turned face. It’s not either man’s prime (their 1969-71 feud is spoken of with extreme reverence among the old-old guard) but this clip is still AWA gold.

I wish there was more. Al Tomko, who was promoting Vancouver at this time, was Vernes Winnipeg promoter for a good while so this explains him having access to this. I do wonder how much video he kept for himself before parting ways with Verne…