• Death & Retirement Just Like Real Life
    • Death On Time - Retirement Can Be Pushed Back
    • Roll a Dice for Death - Retirement on Time
    • Roll a Dice for Death & Retirement

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't much care for the idea pf a wholesale redraft. What's the point of it?

Force change to simulate the movement of wrestlers from territory to territory.

I'm not saying re-draft the entire roster.

Something along the lines of everybody saves 8 guys and we all draft 5 guys that aren't saved to a max of a roster losing 5 guys.

If we don't do this, there will not be much change.

I was thinking it would all happen organically as guys finish their runs and bookers feel like they need to make trades to freshen things up.

This is where I am. Outside of like the top 5-6 guys most of my undercard has a limited window of usefulness. I'll be looking to trade some guys in 3-4 months and then again around 6 months.

I don't particularly see the need for it. Once I get my two project teams firmly established they will be abroad for six months (Tongans) and three months (Can Ams) at the least while I bring in people to run fresh programs with the Rougeaus and Midnights. I can't see the Tongans having hugely long runs in Montreal after that, coming back for maybe six months at a time to terrorize the general public before getting run off again. Albano is going to be a big part of the act, so he's part and parcel of any trades. I think my timeline on the Midnights has them leaving in early 1985 or mid 1985 with a caveat that I want one borrowed-in three month run a year down the road or so. Beyond that most of my guys are Montreal-based wrestlers. I could see borrowing Lefebvre out to Dylan for a three or four month run in late 84 at this point. I want to let him get something done with Lefebvre before Christmas 85 and I think he'll be necessary with the Tongans (partially) and Midnights gone in 85. So redraft or not, by 1986 the only consistent part of my roster in the main event will be the Rougeaus.

I'm all for saving a set number of guys and re-drafting every 6 months.

The draft is what makes this whole project interesting. Hell, the initial draft generated over 100 pages of discussion.

The booking threads will no doubt be fun, but there's no way we're all going to follow everything or be engaged with 18 promotions of pretend wrestling.

We need a new draft every 6 months to keep things fresh and engaging.

• 2 weeks later...