• Death & Retirement Just Like Real Life
    • Death On Time - Retirement Can Be Pushed Back
    • Roll a Dice for Death - Retirement on Time
    • Roll a Dice for Death & Retirement

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Injuries are random in real life so I support some type of randomized injury type/length system. However, I think we should determine how often said system is ran. I think the game is more challenging creatively if we don't use injuries to explain Japan tours. That's lazy booking.

I agree with Dylan, that retirements are never permanent, unless career ending (Magnum). Maybe a maximum age limit? They could still be used seconds, referees, angles, but no matches.

Are we going to acknowledge things like Magnum's accident happening, or is this now a different timeline?

For retirements, how about this as a compromise...

With the exception if Terry Funk who is already penciled in as a retiree (or not), let people use them up until the next 6 month period. So, the next draft/trade takes place in January... even if a guy retires in November, the promoter can get some extra mileage out of them and won't feel rhe pain because there will be an infusion of new talent in the territory as it is.

We are. I am talking about the 6 month reshaping/draft that was supposed to take place unless that was axed altogether.

It will still happen. I think that is a great compromise.

At 6 months I was picturing a save 8 guys re-shaping draft. Where it can go 5 rounds and everyone except the saves are available. If nobody gets drafted off your roster they can stay with you. Something along those lines, set for January.

For retirements, how about this as a compromise...

With the exception if Terry Funk who is already penciled in as a retiree (or not), let people use them up until the next 6 month period. So, the next draft/trade takes place in January... even if a guy retires in November, the promoter can get some extra mileage out of them and won't feel rhe pain because there will be an infusion of new talent in the territory as it is.

I can live with this

We are. I am talking about the 6 month reshaping/draft that was supposed to take place unless that was axed altogether.

At 6 months I was picturing a save 8 guys re-shaping draft. Where it can go 5 rounds and everyone except the saves are available. If nobody gets drafted off your roster they can stay with you. Something along those lines, set for January.

This could wind up making things imbalanced though if one territory gets hit really hard during that draft and loses say 9-10 guys and can only replace 5.

This could wind up making things imbalanced though if one territory gets hit really hard during that draft and loses say 9-10 guys and can only replace 5.

I guess add a you can only lose 5 guys rule.

I would not have an issue with that type of re-shaping draft in 6 months then.

I'm not sure how necessary it is though since everyone already seems to be planning out trades in the future once guys finish their "runs" so I don't think things would get stagnant if we didn't have one at all.

I would not have an issue with that type of re-shaping draft in 6 months then.

I'm not sure how necessary it is though since everyone already seems to be planning out trades in the future once guys finish their "runs" so I don't think things would get stagnant if we didn't have one at all.

I like the idea of plans being thrown off by the game.

I thought it had been stated that we wouldn't have the draft at 6 months in the August Freelancers thread? I'm okay with either, but I'd prefer we picked one and stuck with it.

That was never decided upon and what a weird place to have that discussion. Re-distribution draft was always in play and I have never seen it dismissed before.