Jesse Ewiak

Death & Retirement  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Death & Retirement In-Game

• Death & Retirement Just Like Real Life
    • Death On Time - Retirement Can Be Pushed Back
    • Roll a Dice for Death - Retirement on Time
    • Roll a Dice for Death & Retirement

It's actually about neither Grand Wizard nor David Von Erich, it's just about the principle of knowing death dates set in stone when no promoter in July 1983 could have possibly known. It changes a lot of parameters if you know someone has only a few months to live.

It's fine, I'll get over it. Will have to keep a blind eye / bite my lip to that aspect of this. Although since it has been established, a list of other upcoming deaths would be handy.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it has random death, I remember Masked Superstar getting a javelin in Parv's game.

Edit: Sorry, posted that before I saw your post Beast

But I always hated that about my TEW games. I usually turned random deaths off and followed the actual time line as far as not hiring guys after they were dead IRL.

I like, if you want to bring someone out of retirement then you have to roll something on a dice for it to happen?

For injuries, I like every week or two, randomly selected someone (using random number generator) to be injured for a random number generated amount of time.

Grand Wizard - OCT 12 1983

David Von Erich - FEB 10 1984

Rick McGraw - NOV 1 1985

Eddie Graham - JAN 21 1985

Gino Hernandez - FEB 1 1986

Mike Von Erich - APR 12 1987

Adrian Adonis - JULY 4 1988

Bruiser Brody - JULY 17 1988

I'd say that I'd take over the Florida territory after RocketCrypt dies in 1985 but I don't even want to pretend to be Mike Graham

Is that per promotion, or overall for injuries?

Also, what if someone has a 'home' territory or has friends or relatives there, it should be easier for them to get that person to come out of retirement. Like Parv would have an easier time getting Bruno out of retirement than some random promotion, or Dory Funk could convince Terry to come out of retirement easier than someone else might

Is that per promotion, or overall for injuries?

Also, what if someone has a 'home' territory or has friends or relatives there, it should be easier for them to get that person to come out of retirement. Like Parv would have an easier time getting Bruno out of retirement than some random promotion, or Dory Funk could convince Terry to come out of retirement easier than someone else might

Yeah.. easier roll if you have connections, I like that.

I don't know what is a good rate of injuries?

For injuries I'd say every months roll an actual die so we get something between 1-6.

Whatever number it is, that's how many people suffer injuries in that month. And then use the random number generator for wrestler and seriousness of injury.

Something like that.

Injuries I am fluid on, and I think some sort of random draw every few weeks is a decent enough to address an inevitable issue. Retirement being fixed I kind of hate because retirements in wrestling are NEVER fixed. It's one thing to say you can't draft someone who was retired at the moment of the draft. Quite another to say that you have to stick to someones retirement that they themselves likely didn't stick too.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this to address retirements and injuries.... since Funk appears in Japaan in December as a second. Also, I am planning his retirement tour as close to real life as possible. Not than any Terry Funk retirement has ever been realistic but this may be the closest to real life retirement he had. The problem with not honoring it is that every single person on the board would have drafted him 1st or 2nd even with Japan commitments so this issue should get resolved sooner rather than later.

Injuries are random in real life so I support some type of randomized injury type/length system. However, I think we should determine how often said system is ran. I think the game is more challenging creatively if we don't use injuries to explain Japan tours. That's lazy booking.

I agree with Dylan, that retirements are never permanent, unless career ending (Magnum). Maybe a maximum age limit? They could still be used seconds, referees, angles, but no matches.