Pro Wrestling Only

New Japan and All Japan Question

goodhelmet

Ok.. I am trying to setup a calendar for the Japanese promotions. Do I need to make one up or follow an existing calendar? I also want to establish super shows like the 1/4 Dome show but I know that occurs later. Can I set up my own super shows?

You need to follow the existing calendar

I guess you couldn't book your big show in the Dome but you could always still set a date to build things to and use that as your "big show" stand in.

Ok.. I am trying to setup a calendar for the Japanese promotions. Do I need to make one up or follow an existing calendar? I also want to establish super shows like the 1/4 Dome show but I know that occurs later. Can I set up my own super shows?

We book in real time, so you wouldn't be doing the Dome until January.

I think we are all trying to be realistic and follow the general make up of the promotion. Obviously there are some changes. Maple Leaf Wrestling only ran Maple Leaf Gardens every 3 weeks and that was it. I'm turning them into a TV taping real promotion, so there is room for change.

nwa-j2.png

NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title was in effect... TIger Mask is the champion

Is this the only championship in New Japan in 1983? The IWGP titles were created later.

It says that NJ recognizes the NWA world champion but also has a working relationship with the WWF

http://www.wrestling-titles.com/japan/newjapan

WWF Jr Title

http://www.wrestling-titles.com/japan/newjapan/wwf-j.html

NWA Jr. Title

http://www.wrestling-titles.com/nwa/world/nwa-j.html

They existed through 10/85. The IWGP Jr. replaced them the following year.

Tigeryama is the double champ when the year begins.

They weren't defended "together" in 1983, but instead in separate defenses. Looking back to 1982 when they got the NWA Jr. Title, it looks like the only time they were defended together was the 11/04/82 match with Kobayashi, so it was kind of an ultra rare thing. Here's 1983 for some feeling of they use of them:

01/06/83 NWA Jr Title: Tiger Mask vs Kuniaki Kobayashi

02/03/83 NWA Jr Title: Tiger Mask vs Gran Hamada

02/07/83 WWF Jr Title: Tiger Mask vs Black Tiger

02/08/83 WWF Jr Title: Tiger Mask vs Kuniaki Kobayashi

03/10/83 NWA Jr Title: Tiger Mask vs Miles Zrno

04/21/83 NWA Jr Title: Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid (vacated after along with WWF)

06/02/83 NWA Jr Title: Tiger Mask vs Kuniaki Kobayashi (decision bout)

06/12/83 WWF Jr Title: Tiger Mask vs Fishman (decision bout)

06/14/83 WWF Jr Title: Tiger Mask vs Kuniaki Kobayashi

07/07/83 NWA Jr Title: Tiger Mask vs Isamu Teranishi

08/04/83 NWA Jr Title: Tiger Mask vs Isamu Teranishi

Tiger then had his issues and was done with wrestling until joining UWF 1.0.

They came back here:

11/03/83 NWA Jr Title: The Cobra vs Davey Boy Smith

02/07/84 WWF Jr Title: Dynamite Kid vs The Cobra, Davey Boy Smith

WWF International Title was Fujinami --> Choshu --> Fujinami.

http://www.wrestling-titles.com/japan/newjapan/wwf-in-h.html

Not sure the start date you're going with.

The old North American Tag Titles had been put to bed in 1981 at the same time the NWF Title was. There wouldn't be a tag title until the WWF International Tag in 05/24/85. Hisa's site would have a page on the. It had a handful of matches in 1985, then the IWGP Tag Title replaced it after the Tag League that year.

No Backlund defenses in 1983. I don't think he made a tour.

So not the most thrilling title promotion in terms of booking.

Of course Ishin Gundan in its early days.

I am definitely going to have a tag tournament to create some tag belts. I knew TM had 2 belts but I am sticking for one. Keeping it simple.

If you're sticking with one, you probably want to stick with the WWF one. That had the longer history in New Japan, tying into Fujinami. It also would get defended again in the US in the WWF.

I am definitely going to have a tag tournament to create some tag belts. I knew TM had 2 belts but I am sticking for one. Keeping it simple.

If you're sticking with one, you probably want to stick with the WWF one. That had the longer history in New Japan, tying into Fujinami. It also would get defended again in the US in the WWF.

Yes, please keep the WWF titles and let Stampede take over the NWA Jr. title.